Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday is a great day! 11/2/17
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-02 8:35 AM
I've already stepped in dog poop and cleaned up cat vomit.   What can possibly happen now?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-02 8:37 AM
I just felt like tempting the fates a little.....:grin:

and it wasn't even my dog's poop!

Going out for an hour run in a little while.  We had fog this morning and it needs to clear off.  I don't want to get taken out by any foggy drivers.  I'll be mostly on the bike path but on the roads for a bit getting to the path.   Have a good one Masters!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-02 11:37 AM
We had fog this morning also.

Yuck on the dog poop.
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-11-02 10:10 AM
So we are still living on the edge, as I just found out this morning that Danny turns off the generator when we go to bed to baby it since we still have the big one hot wired into the small one. This means the fridge gets turned off at 10 pm and comes back on at 0600. :shocker!: I feel like we are playing salmonella roulette! :laugh: I have a doc appointment today so we will go out to eat this evening.

I ran 5 miles per my tracker. I had to change things up to avoid precarious leaners and sagging power lines crossing the Jeep roads and paths. I went into the woods and found another huge swath of trees down. There were just too many to count. Danny estimated 40-60 in that area bringing the tree count to 250-260 down and countless large limbs. One area I detoured had some come all the down since yesterday.

:grin:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-02 10:42 AM
omg Dottie!  That is so sad about all those trees!  I think of how many years it takes to grow a good sized tree......

So the nurse in you is really letting Danny get away with salmonella roulette?:shocker!:

Good luck with the doc, have a nice dinner!
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-11-02 11:01 AM
I can’t tell him anything. :laugh: We do have it set for the lowest temp, though. :roll:

Sadly the trees aren’t managed well. Had the conservation people opted for regular cutting of old and unhealthy trees the rest of the trees would have a better chance of surviving. It’s really just a mess and if they don’t decide to cut them and chip them in place it will become a fire hazard. In the past they have always opted to let nature take its course so I’m not holding my breath that this will be any different. If you can picture an island  with 270 acres with 50 homes pretty much located on the coastline, the conservancy land is in the middle and up a little higher. That is most of the damage. In the residential coastline there are probably 50-60 large trees down. The power company will dispatch a tree boom truck, a regular truck, and 4 lineman. Soon, I hope.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-02 11:41 AM
Good job on the miles!  You are one strong woman Dottie.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-11-02 12:15 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-02 11:37 AM
Good afternoon!

Did my workout videos and now have some homework to do.   I am almost packed for our trip tomorrow. 

Have a good day all!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-02 11:43 AM
on the road again.:happy:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-02 12:56 PM
It's a family wedding but then we are going to the beach for a few days!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-02 1:37 PM
went gym with Sam this morning. Lifted weights for an hour, then ran home. 5.04 miles done.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-02 2:07 PM
and Sam was able to find her way home without you?
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-02 2:26 PM
Maybe one of the boy-toys at the gym gave her a ride home
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-11-02 2:03 PM
It's been a great day.  I woke up, ran 8 miles, survived another day of teaching, and now it's calm and quiet in my office before I head home.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-02 2:09 PM
calm quiet satisfaction of another day with your students:happy:  How did Makayla's preview weekend at college go?  I bet she's happy to have her decision made so early.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday is a great day! 11/2/17