Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Hump Day, 01 Nov 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-01 6:23 AM
Middle of the week and a new month!

I guess those with small children may even start their Christmas shopping.  

So let's start thinking about our favorite Thanksgiving dish. 

Post away...please don't let our Masters dailies fade away.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-01 6:28 AM
Rainy morning so I went to he gym and ran 3 on the treadmill.  My new shoes, Brooks Launch 4, should arrive today.

I'm a traditional Thanksgiving person: Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, with gravy.  All the rest is just busy work.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-01 1:48 PM
Hope the new shoes have arrived by now!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-01 6:35 AM
Good morning!

Not too many trick-or-treaters last night.  Lots of leftover candy.  Will probably freeze some of it. 

It is foggy this morning and my walking buddy and I are going for our power walk this afternoon.  We are going to try a new location.

I have been faithfully recording my food intake on Myfitnesspal since 01 September.  Today I decided to weigh myself and I have lost 5.8 pounds!  I still have more to lose, but I am headed in the right direction.

Dang, I was hoping the Astros would have won the game last night.  But I am hoping today is the day!

I love a good cornbread dressing and sweet potatoes with nuts and marshmallows.  I need to find the torte recipe that Jen shared a few years ago as it was a hit with my family.

Have a good Wednesday all! :hug::hug::hug:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-11-01 10:18 AM
Good job on weight.  I've dropped 10 since Labor Day.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-01 11:01 AM
I lost 10 since my amusement park trip (Kings Island) in August.  I was sick and could only eat small portions of things. I have kept that up and gradually lost about 10 pounds.  It goes up and down but over time it gradually drops.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-01 1:48 PM
Thanks!  Even though I thought I was doing a good job of portion control, in reality I wasn't.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-11-01 9:47 AM
It was sprinkling as I ran this morning, but not enough to get me much wet.  Got in my 8 miles. 

Pumpkin Pie, sweet potatoes, and broccoli casserole are my favorite Thanksgiving foods because I don't eat those foods as often.  It's crazy to think that in a few short weeks radio stations will be playing Christmas music again.  Another fast year.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-01 1:50 PM
Good job on your "normal" 8 mile run.

Pumpkin pie, I don't eat it much but I do like it during Thanksgiving.  Costco has a good one at a good price also.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-11-01 10:17 AM
My run this morning was half of what I planned because I yakked with a neighbor too long.  Not too many trick or treaters last night.  Maybe 25.   At Duck In yesterday the Reeses Cups widely out played Fair Trade Chocolate.   Not really a fair contest.  A big ol recognizable Reeses vs a small Fair Trade piece.  Few people know the back story of coco and the use of child labor and underpaid farmers.   Chocolate is big business.   

I actually had a Thanksgiving dinner for Halloween dinner sans pumpkin pie.   Lynda cooked a turkey breast on Sunday and we have been eating turkey all week.  Love it.

Tom in DE
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-11-01 10:59 AM
Not to mention the massive deforestation going on to plant more coco.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-01 1:52 PM
I didn't know the story about coco until recently.

Thanksgiving dinner sounds delicious.  Leftovers are the best!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-11-01 11:48 AM
Lots of kids with sugar-hangovers here :roll: waaay tooo much candy collected last night.

Christmas is low key for us this year. got a 1 son and his wife having a baby in december. also have a daughter getting married in december. and 2 kids have birthdays that month.
Sam does shopping year round and stashes stuff for birthdays and christmas.

ran 7.11 today. I Dawn 10k + a bit extra for good luck
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-01 1:53 PM
Rob

You always have something going on.  One thing is for sure, never a dull moment in your life.

So do you steal your favorite candy from the kids?
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-11-01 12:10 PM
I’ve been so busy today. We have no power and our awesome giant automatic generator isn’t working. :mutmad: Thankfully we have a smaller one so we are switching between phone and lights and the furnace. We have water heating now for showers but I’m heating water continually on the woodstove for washing dishes. I’ve already stacked wood and hand pumped and refilled the 5 gallon gasoline can and lugged it up to the house. No internet or landline. No laundry. We can cook on the gas grill. The stove is iffy. The fridge is fine. Outlets are hit or miss but I can turn off the TV and charge the Roomba so I have nice clean floors. I’m feeling pretty badass and like this is good practice for a zombie apocalypse. :laugh: In all honesty I don’t miss the TV at all. I’m playing In the Heights on my phone while I’m doing everything. There are at least 200 trees down on the island. Mother Nature gave us some new ocean views. No houses were damaged but we have several places with lines down and 3 places with trees being held up by wires which will likely be down soon. CMP told us we were the next to last island on the list to be repaired. :cry: No power here until at least early next week. I’m going out to run in a little while.

:grin:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-01 1:54 PM
Oh Dottie, I hope they are wrong about restoring power to your island.  Hope it is sooner.

Thank heavens homes were not damaged.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-01 1:57 PM
This reminds me of Little House on the Prairie!  You are amazing Dottie, you don't sound one bit flustered!  Careful on the run.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-01 1:47 PM
Just returned from a hike at this park http://fosana.org/portfolio_page/emilie-and-albert-friedrich-wilderness-park/  On the trail for 2 hours and 9 minutes and did 3.85 miles.  Lots of up and downs.  Next time we are going to take a different trail.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-01 1:58 PM
pretty!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-11-01 2:09 PM
Unintentional rest day here.  I've been clobbered with some bladder infection and spent a good portion of the day at the doctor's office.  Last week she didn't have me come in, just called a prescription into the pharmacy.  No improvement.  Ugh.  So of course I had to agree to an office visit today.  They are so nice to 'work me in' but it means the doc is triple booked with appointments.  And then my quick appointment turns into a full blown one as I haven't been to see her in more than a year.  So off to the lab for bloodwork.....:roll:

Raining cats and dogs when I finally got to the parking lot so I'm just going to call it a day.  I made an afternoon cup of decaf and have a cinnamon swirl quick bread in the oven.  And just because I'm feeling puny I turned the furnace up another degree.: pbbt:

I cannot pick a favorite Thanksgiving dish.  I love them all. Every stinking last calorie of goodness!!  Lisa and Jacob can't come for Thanksgiving but Lisa has arranged a week long solo trip to Illinois for the first  of December.  My plan is to cook Thanksgiving twice.  Once on the real day and once again when Lisa is home.   I did the same thing last year only it was Amy who got dinner #2.   So much turkey.  And pie.  And sweet potatoes. And and and.......:hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-11-01 2:11 PM
Oh I hope your bladder infection clears up soon.  I like how you treat yourself with the decaf and cinnamon swirl quick bread -- bet your house smells yummy!

Two Thanksgiving meals - you can make different favorite side dishes for each meal.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-11-01 6:24 PM
:hug: I hope you’re better soon!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Hump Day, 01 Nov 2017