Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Trick or Treat Tuesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-31 6:39 AM
Happy Halloween!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-31 6:52 AM
--Sarge made out like a bandit yesterday. Iowa gave him a Milkbone when he left just to be nice. I gave him a liver chewy bone when I left to keep him from following me. But, as soon as I gave him the bone and got in my car I realized I forgot to put makeup on. So, back in the house I go. By the time I get outside Sarge has the bone eaten so I give him a Milkbone. I get in the car and it dawned on me I forgot to put deodorant on. So, back in the house I go. When I came out again I had to give Sarge another Milkbone. Good thing that boy is so skinny. :laugh:

--They called yesterday to schedule the MRI but for whatever reason the order got separated in to two----one for the brain to be done in Springfield and one for the cervical spine to be done in our town. :wtf: The lady was really nice, asked my preference on where I wanted to go and then said there was no reason to go twice because they could do it all at once. She still has to call insurance and run it by them but it shouldn’t be a problem. As far as the nerve tests those are still pending insurance authorization. I’m hoping that maybe with the MRI they won’t need those.

--Bass Pro 5K race this weekend. I’ll be thrilled with 30 minutes. :meh:

--I have 62 people registered for the race. :cool: I’m pleased with the number who are registering on line. That is so much less work for me!

--It has been 3 1/2 months since I went to the Walmart in Aurora. They annoy me because they go thru your register receipt and cart when you’re leaving. It never fails I’m carrying 20 lbs of cat food in one arm, 4-5 plastic bags in the other and my receipt is in my wallet which is in my purse. :mutmad: No more. I like the Walmart closer to where we live now and they don’t treat me like a criminal.

--No Halloween celebrations for us. We wouldn’t get any trick or treaters where we live anyway.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:13 AM
Wow! Halloween came early and he didn't even have to trick or treat!:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:41 AM
Yea, no kidding. I’m afraid of what he might expect today. I have makeup and deodorant on so there goes 2 treats. :laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:14 AM
I'm glad the lady is working to get you ONE mri. That should save some cost for you and the insurance company. Doing it twice and in two different locations is ridiculous.:roll:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:40 AM
I think there was just a misunderstanding on the order that was sent in. My doctor meant for it to be done in one shot. Who knows? At least it’s getting set up correctly.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-31 7:43 AM
I tend to keep my receipt in my hand, practically waving it as I exit Walmart for just that reason.  They don't always ask for it, but the one time I don't have it handy is when they will.  :roll:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-31 8:06 AM
Hopefully they get the MRI thing straightened out and get you in soon

I didn't know Walmart did the receipt thing. I know Sam's club does although even then I feel like they barely look so if you bought a lot of stuff you could steal something
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:13 AM
I won't be leaving candy out. I'd be glad to take the kids candy and leave it out tomorrow. That should be a holiday. The day after Halloween, or maybe a week later, moms should just have a holiday to throw out all the candy. My kids forget about it after a few days. I think I'll hide it for treats later. And then I'll forget too and then throw it away in March. Right before I have to go buy easter candy.:roll:

I am officially dressed up for Halloween. I bought two little desk dolls. They are old and creepy looking. And when you squeeze them they say things like "Your mommy hates you" "There is someone in the closet" "I hate happy people". It creeps out our millenial ( who is dressed as a flying squirrel). So I'm wearing my black dress, hair up like the doll's hair, and white face makeup with black eye liner with black streaks down my face. :evil::laugh:

Ripley is dressed as Harley Quinn. I was originally loving it. Because it was so cute. And she was looking cute in person. But then I took a photo with my phone. She has one shoulder pulled down to show the shoulder tattoo. Her hair is painted white. She has red lip paint and a couple face tattoo. She looks 13!:cry::cry: I don't even feel right sharing it on FB! Especially with the shoulder showing like it is:cry::cry: I will take a better photo tonight that DOESN'T have the shoulder showing:cry::cry: But she looks so mature:cry::cry::cry:And super cute, but mature!:mutmad::mutmad:

Paid off my med bills and ripley's med bills. Dropping the car off tonight for the multiple tasks. Yay.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-31 7:45 AM
My kids always demolished the candy.  :blush:  The only thing we've thrown out are those Now and Later things.  Blech.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-31 8:07 AM
I was never one of those who forgot about my candy :laugh:

lol on the troll sayings
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-31 9:02 AM
I never did either but I don't let them put it in their rooms. Though they are older, maybe a little would be ok and they would LOVE me for it:laugh:

Since it stays in the kitchen they forget and eventualy i throw it out.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-31 9:58 AM
ours was always kept in the kitchen on top of the refrigerator so we couldn't reach it. Although I'm sure if left alone we would have pulled a chair up to get it
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-31 10:56 AM
:mischief:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-31 7:24 AM
Dressing up as Trolls movie with coworkers - some went really all out and I half assed mine, oops. Last year I was great with costume so this year doesn't have to be good

Another group did Wizard of Oz so it will be interesting to see which group costume wins!

A coworker just walked in Facetiming her daughter and said her daughter was driving.....I hope she wasn't facetiming and driving!!

I know this won't be a productive day at all which is good, I need a day to not pretend to work :laugh:

Super cold here, it is like we went straight to Nov/Dec instead of late fall

Not ready for Daylight Savings time and extra dark at night
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:42 AM
Ana’s daughter is dressing up as one of the trolls. I had no idea who/what it was. :blush:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-31 8:07 AM
we watched the movie a couple months ago but I didn't really pay attention so I don't really know who half of these characters are.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-31 7:47 AM
I'm hating this weather too.  And all the grayness isn't helping.  A little sun would go a long ways to making the temps seem maybe close to tolerable.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-31 10:57 AM
I love workplaces that let you dress up for Halloween:cool:

Sounds nice to have enough people to have competitions:cool:

It is super cold here, too. Cold for us, anyway:blush:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-31 7:40 AM
*I made an early morning Walmart run already.  I needed to buy a bag of candy, because hello, it's Halloween.  So I went down the seasonal aisle.  "Rock that Christmas"  Candy canes everywhere.  So I went back up to the front of the store and they had already taken Halloween down there too.  On Halloween.  :mutmad:

*I get to take Joseph shopping for clothes for the Fall Ball tonight.  Taking that kid clothes shopping is never a fun experience.  Ever.  He is uber picky and hates trying anything on.  While I have him out and captive I'm going to try and get some jeans for him too.  :laugh:

*Anthony may have run his last meet on Saturday.  He tied his PR but his hamstring is so bad.  He could barely walk and was wincing in pain.  And even with tying his PR he came in 8th for the team, so might not get to travel for Regionals.  My head says that's probably for the best so he can finally heal before he tears the hammie and is facing an even longer recovery.  But my heart wants him to have whatever he wants, even one more meet. 

*I have a much lighter work week this week.  I'm so happy about it.  Maybe I'll actually hit my mileage average again.  :roll:  Maybe.

*I should walk the dog, but it's 35, feels like 26.  And it's super overcast and miserable.  :cry:  I'm so glad my kids are not of the trick or treating age.  It's going to be miserable this year. 

*I'm thinking about going down to Indy this weekend to see Marie. With band she can't come home ever because they always have both Friday night and Saturday performances.  But truthfully, I'd love to not travel this weekend.  I think we've done a long car trip every weekend for the past 8 weeks, at least.  I may be road tripped out.  And I also want to be home to take Fall Ball pictures of the kids before they head out.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:43 AM
Well, you may just have to turn your light off if there’s no Halloween candy to be had. :wink:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-31 7:51 AM
We don't have a neighborhood really, and our road has cars traveling at highway speeds, so we don't hand out.   The candy was for my 2 big kids who are too old to trick or treat.  :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-31 8:09 AM
What does Joseph normally wear to school?

Anthony's hamstring sounds bad. I am sure he does want one more meet but ultimately could be bad.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-31 10:21 AM
In the warmer times, black athletic shorts (like basketball length) and a plain colored t-shirt.  Mind you, not a bright color t-shirt, and no writing or print on the shirt whatsoever, the only exception being his marching band t-shirt that just says LPMB.  :roll::laugh::cry:  In the winter, jeans with the same boring shirts.  :wink:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:44 AM
Question for all of you. What songs would you like to hear playing while you’re standing around before/after a race. Ready, set, go! I need a list!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-31 7:49 AM
Don't stop believing.  Always good, before or after.  :grin:

Right Now by Van Halen before the start. 
Start Me Up by the Rolling Stones pre-race.

Um yeah, I may be showing my age with these.  :laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-31 8:14 AM
Well, my age was really showing with the ones I was writing down. Anything new I like seems to have explicit lyrics and I don’t think that is going to work for a Thanksgiving Day race. :blush:
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2017-10-31 8:04 AM
U2 - Beautiful Day
Fitz and the Tantrums - Handclap
Portugal. The Man - Feel it Still
Imagine Dragons - Thunder
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-31 8:09 AM
Great list!  :grin:  The last 2 are on my most recent playlist. :cool:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-31 9:03 AM
Going the distance - CAKE
We will rock you - Queen or a cover
Running Down a Dreak - Petty
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-31 10:04 AM
I like all of the suggestions above - I think anything that people like to sing along to is always good

Sweet Caroline
Ice Ice Baby
Run It (Chris Brown)
Eye of the Tiger
Lose Yourself (Eminem)
You Shook Me All Night Long
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-31 10:12 AM
You Shook Me All Night Long and Eye of the Tiger were already on my list. Eminem would have been if the lyrics weren’t tainted with the f bomb. : pbbt:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-11-01 6:52 AM
:blush: maybe there is a radio edit :laugh: I have that song on my running playlist and I don't remember F bombs but who knows, it's been so long since I've run :laugh::laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Trick or Treat Tuesday RTTs