Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Happy Halloween 31 Oct 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:58 AM
Enjoy the day ghouls and ghosts!

Tell us your favorite Halloween song, costume, treat or story.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-10-31 6:10 AM
Went to the gym this morning with Sam, 1 hour of weightlifting. Will run 5 or so at lunchtime.

Halloween party and trick or treating at our house tonight. We live at the end of a court, in a neighborhood that is good for trick or treating. So lots of families coming over and using our house as a base. Got about a dozen pizzas we will cook up.

I like anything with chocolate and peanut butter combined.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-31 8:53 AM
Planet Fitness?  They have enough to keep you occupied for an hour?  I'm still debating whether to join for the winter months.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-10-31 9:18 AM
not yet. i'm starting out with a low key workout. was still a bit sore from last weeks workout. plus i'm not doing legs yet, still sore from the race.
but i will be able to do a full hour soon. today i did upper body, back, abs....
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-31 6:27 AM
Me and Ray at a Halloween party on Saturday night!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6Evj6Ug2ocox5DzF2

Funny story-2 years ago we went to a party at the same neighbor's house as this year and I wore my running attire/medals. I was talking to a very young blonde about my costume. I said, "I thought I would just wear this and come as "an old, fat runner!" Her reply was....."Well....there ya go!!" Grrrrrr! I looked at my hostess and said, "SO....maybe I WILL have that jello shot now!"

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RahXSsR084zRqzhl1
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-31 6:28 AM
Can I just say how proud of myself I am at this moment for FINALLY figuring out how to share a link to my photos on here!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-31 8:52 AM
you are officially too cool for the Masters' forum.:grin:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-31 9:26 AM
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: That's me....TOO COOL!! LOL!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-31 8:51 AM
Happy Halloween everyone!   Favorite story: The first year Lisa didn't trick or treat (heartwrenching decision to be a grown up) she dressed as a black cat to hand out the candy.  A 4 yr old girl and her mom come to the door and the little one's eyes are as big as saucers.  "Oh look mama, she's a REAL kitty!".  Lisa followed up with a 'meow' and all were completely happy.

Our neighbors have been working on some big Halloween production since Sunday.  They claim it will be their best one yet.  All I can figure out is huge sheets of cardboard painted like a chess board.  My guess is they are going to dress up as chess pieces but who knows?  Their kids are old enough not to trick or treat anymore so with a few friends they can pull it off.  I will miss most of it though - meeting my husband in the town where he works and we're going out for Sushi.  If I plan it right, Halloween will be over before we get home.:wink: 

Remainder of the day: yoga and explaining to Misha why she will be locked in doggy jail for the evening.......
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-10-31 9:43 AM
My mental biorhythm cycle must be at a real low point. Thinking at work is a major struggle. 

I'll survive.

I can't think of any specific Halloween story but I did enjoy things when my kids were little and then again when the kid came along. 

I went to the gym this morning for some time on the ARC trainer and some weights.  I'm done in about 45 minutes.  A couple sets of 8 different machines. All upper body.  Legs get enough workout from running and the ARC trainer.  If I make it too elaborate then I will eventually quit going.

70% chance of rain Sunday morning for my half marathon.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-10-31 9:58 AM
I'm alive and well.  Sorry for being AWOL.   Short systems check out run.  Hammy was real sore for a few days from...???  Systems check was good. 

Trick or Treat at Duck In today.   We offer a choice.  Reeses PB Cups or Fair Trade Chocolate Bar. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-31 1:03 PM
Glad you are alive and well! I will have the Reeses, please!
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-10-31 10:19 AM
I’m in classes all day. The storm this weekend was really damaging. I was off the island and I have power and internet at the apartment but I have to go back to the island tonight to no power or any chance of power in the foreseeable future. :cry: My apartment must be on a good grid as it’s so close to the hospital but there are so many downed trees  nearby and statewide it will take a lot to get everyone in Maine back in electric power. We have a giant generator but it never came on. I’m trying to get Danny to come to my apartment OR get him to tell me I should stay here and not go back to the island! : pbbt: He really needs to clear downed trees and assess damage and wants me with him AND it’s not safe for him to be out doing that kind of work without someone there. I’ll plan to get a nice long run done tomorrow followed by a cold shower.

:grin:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-31 10:52 AM
As much as I envy you living where you do...I'm pretty sure I would enjoy it much more with power! Hope it's not TOO long before you get it back! sorry y'all had so much damage, but glad y'all are safe!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-31 11:22 AM
I'm sorry you got clobbered with weather.:sad:  I vote for Danny coming to the apartment.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-10-31 1:51 PM
We are having Truck or Treat at our church this evening.  We'll pass out candy and hotdogs for anyone who wants one. 

When the kids were little we took them to the Louisville Zoo for their annual Halloween Party.  It was always fun.  Walk through a section of the zoo and get candy, zoo staff dressed up in various costumes, music and games.  It was fun!

8 miles this morning.
- By niteowl Date 2017-10-31 9:13 AM
Please help us vote for our senior xc runner as athkete of the week. This is his last chance to be athlete of the week. You can vote every day thru Friday.
Thanks in advance.
Fwd: Newspressnow.com/athletes
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Happy Halloween 31 Oct 2017