Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Hurry up it's Halloween! (Dailies)
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:28 AM
I have to get ready for work and a costume lunch.:meh:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:37 AM Edited 2017-10-31 5:40 AM
Last night I took weights class. My legs felt shredded so the last ambitious speed work session(tentatively planned for before work) was off the table. I have done a 5 mile race, 12 mile run and a strength session back to back to back so I think an easy day is in order. That means I will have to do my speedwork at home tomorrow morning or evening or maybe early Thursday but that will mean giving up a weight session or the group run. I don't mind the change in schedule. I just need to figure it out and stick with it. Today just doesn't feel right though and I want a solid workout with less than 2 weeks to go before my 1/2.:wtf:

Driving 30minutes into the office to appear r in costume  for a work thing. A lot of trouble to go through at month end, but it's nice to be included. Our dept theme is things from the refrigerator.i am going as a slice of pizza.: pbbt:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-31 5:55 AM
Great workouts! Yes, easy day is in order for sure. :happy:
Oh, I love the slice of pizza costume idea! :laugh:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:55 AM
It's nice that you have a work party. Looking forward to hearing about your half.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:11 AM
uh yeah, take that easy day!!  Excited to see how the half goes for you.

Your office's theme is cute!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-31 9:46 AM
Sometimes switching things around is the best option.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:54 AM
I love Halloween, although I don't dress up. I did buy a Halloween tee shirt. No run today, as I worked from 6-7 already so that I could get off early. I'm glad I switched to working only one early morning a week. It's too early to be working. Hoping that my student goes to school next year and I am done with the wacky hours.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-31 5:57 AM
Early mornings are weird especially when there is only one a week. :wink:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:58 AM
I'm surprised you can find a student that will get up that early. Must be difficult for all involved. Have a fun and not too scary Halloween.:cool:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:10 AM
oh my goodness, who would want to be up that early?? I mean the student!  And the family!  And poor you!!!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-31 9:47 AM
That is early to be working!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-10-31 5:58 AM
Monday, fully dressed with 4 shirts, jacket and swathed in a muffler I went out and did 50 minutes in the park. There is lots of visibility so groups of deer don’t jump out without warning like they do on the trail. Police patrol regularly and question people who might lurk. It was cold and very gusty so it took a while to warm up. 
Today I hope to do a morning run. I'm waiting for at least a little warmth. :laugh:
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 6:02 AM
I miss the daylight and warmth. Good thing the path is more visible and while you need to look out for deer, weirdos and falling at least there are no cars.: pbbt:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:10 AM
wow, you like to bundle up!  Enjoy today's run.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-31 9:48 AM
I miss the light and warmth for morning runs! Way to get out there.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:09 AM
halloween is fun again now that I have a kiddo.  P is going as a lamb and I'm Mary (Mary had a little lamb).  I'm just wearing an apron and a "Hi, my name is..." sticker that says "Mary." :laugh: Maybe I'll do some pigtails and some "farm girl" makeup - you know, eyeliner freckles, big red rouge dots on my cheeks.  DH's work has a trick or treating thing during the afternoon so we're going to that, and then we're going out with a friend of mine who has a 2 year old.  Our new house is basically in the woods, so it will be much more, ahem, productive to trick or treat in my friend's hood.  I want my candy :evil: I only have 2 more years of eating all of P's candy without her noticing, haha

To prepare for the sugar fest, I ran 6 miles on trails this morning.  I'm feeling kind of braindead today after submitting my paper yesterday evening.  I have a lot of reading to do, but between turning in the paper yesterday and Halloween today, I'm so out of it.  Must... focus... at least for a few hours!
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:33 AM
My kids are 13 and 10; I still eat their candy.  :mischief:
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-10-31 7:51 AM
Every holiday will be so different and fun now for you!
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-31 9:29 AM
It's like taking candy from a baby. :wink:

My niece was talking last night at dinner about a science activity they are going to do today. The goal is scientific inquiry.  The teacher is setting up four vessels and asking the students to calculate which would hold the most candy. They have to come up with an algorithm/method to figure that out. Then they will be asked to come up with theories for how to maximize haul, including which neighborhoods, what size groups, and any other questions they can come up with.  Sounds like you are already working on this project!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-31 9:48 AM
O is 7 and I still steal her candy! Glad the paper is done.:happy:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-31 12:35 PM
Cute costume idea!
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:36 AM
Trainer day.  Legs.  They had the heat on which felt good when I first walked in but was terrible once I started moving.  No way I'd do something like hot yoga.  I didn't ride my bike.  My excuse is they've torn up the road between my house and the trainer; it'll be repaved "soon" with buffered bike lanes so that'll be good.  But wish there wasn't this much of a delay from the tearing up and repaving.  It's been a week so far.  (the real reason is that it's cold at 6:30am and I don't like to be cold; sort of a flaw in my ride my bike to work plan!)
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-31 9:49 AM
Agree, hot yoga would be too much!
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-10-31 7:55 AM
Halloween. Gavin is SO EXCITED. (and the google doodle is seriously cute). I am so excited for him. We woke up and said Happy Halloween to Evan together and Gavin put a candy corn on his bed.
Ran with him to School (its a mile) then finished my run after. Probably no yoga today since I am working up until I pick up G after school we have 2 parties to swing by before we start our candy grab. G is going as a hazmat operator - he decided that parents think candy is like Toxic Waste so he has a hazmat suit and tongs to pick up the candy with. I love his backstory but I'm pretty sure everyone is just going to think he is Walter White. : pbbt:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-31 9:29 AM
Awesome costume for Gavin!  So sweet that he's celebrating with Evan!:hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-31 9:32 AM
haha on Evan's costume! I love it.  Happy Halloween to both of your guys. :hug:
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-31 9:50 AM
Great costume! How sweet about the candy corn for Evan :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 8:10 PM
I hope Gavin's Halloween is as exciting as expected. I think boys have some of the more creative costumes.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-31 9:31 AM
Yoga this morning before work.  I realized after tweaking my back this weekend, and the kinesiology class I'm taking, that I need to work more on core.  So I did a beginner level core workout.  I usually do intermediate with this online studio, but figured my core was so weak that beginner would be better.  It was at exactly the right level. Although my shoulders and wrists were tired during the planks.  I'll have to build up to that.
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-31 9:50 AM
Do you use an online program for yoga? Anything you recommend?
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-31 9:56 AM
It's the same one that moonglow uses. She recommended it to me. $15 a month- so if you do even one class a month it is worth it!!  And the quality of instruction is very good. Better than anything I could find for free on youtube or amazon prime.  It is called MyYogaWorks.com. They do free 14 day trials, but I just got an email for a free 30 day trial, no credit card needed. If you send me your email address, I can send you the free trial.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-31 9:58 AM
Thanks, I'll pm you my email
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-31 10:02 AM
Looks like groupon has a deal for this $9/3 months or $45/year
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-31 10:09 AM
Interesting. I wonder if it can apply to already active accounts.  I did get the first three months for half price. I'd love to get a year for 45$.  I'll look for it.

And I sent you the invite.

ETA: looks like it is only for new accounts. I could change credit cards and emails, but that seems dishonest.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-10-31 11:24 AM
Email the company and ask for the deal.  I've successfully done that several times.  Why should when I sign up dictate what I pay for the exact same service?
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-31 12:08 PM
I'll try that and see what happens!
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-31 4:43 PM
Thanks for encouraging this (to all who did), They've knocked my rate down to $5 a month for the next 12 months!!!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:30 PM
Nice! Always worth asking :happy:
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-31 11:26 AM
Bummer. Agree email them and ask. Better for them if they give you deal rather then go through groupon since groupon keeps up to half of what you pay.
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-10-31 11:32 AM
I am so glad I read the dailies, I just signed up for the $45 a year. If I use it once a week it pays for itself. I love my studio but I am finding it hard to always make a class, and now that have a few months under my belt I think I can do an online class pretty well and know what I am doing.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-31 12:34 PM
Cool. I hope you get good results. I know I am feeling a benefit already from the yoga I am doing.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 8:12 PM
I think beginning core would be fine for most people. I do core 2x a week as part of an overall body workout but I find complicated core exercises to be very discouraging which means unmotivating which means I end up not doing them.:blush:
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-31 9:40 AM
No workout yet, sleep won. Planning 6 after work. O is feeling better and at school, they do a big Halloween parade so I'll go to that then DH is taking her trick or treating since temps in 20s tonight and I'm a cold weather wimp :cry: She is dressing up as Rey from Star Wars but in reality will be bundled up and costume won't show, got to love MN weather.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 8:14 PM
I hope nothing details your run.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-31 12:36 PM
SDO today. Yesterday was a hard workout as well as a total "elephant" day. Muscles are tired and draggy today. Nothing sore, just tired.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 8:15 PM
Tired is enough reason for an SDO.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:11 PM
5.8 this morning before starting work at the kitchen table. WFH.

Very nice run, I went up a couple of dead end streets all the way to the end just because. It turned cool and cloudy yesterday, I really hope this sticks through Sunday!
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 8:17 PM
Hopefully the dead end streets were long enough to hold your interest. Do you have a race or just a long run.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-11-01 8:38 AM
Santa Clarita Marathon on Sunday.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-11-01 9:38 AM
Praying for a cooling trend.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Hurry up it's Halloween! (Dailies)