Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / World Series Hangover Monday, 30 Oct 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-30 6:52 AM
So who stayed up to watch the game?  Not me!

Tell us your Monday plans. 

Remember another day, another week to make a positive change.  Smile and make someone's day!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-10-30 8:02 AM
I didn't see the World Series game. I was watching a couple shows on on Amazon Prime (Doc Martin, Vera).

I ran 5 this morning. First run of the season below freezing. Had to break out the hat, gloves, and warmer clothes.

I'll be just trying to be productive today. I'm tired from playing "manager" and "problem solver" at work. I may have to disconnect from email and instant messenger for a while and do something I enjoy. Like writing some computer programs. Why do companies force their people into areas they aren't good at and don't enjoy?  In my 36 years of work there has been a change from employees being part of a company to being indentured servants.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-30 9:11 AM
I too had to wear long tights, sleeves and a jacket. 

When I worked and wanted to get stuff done, I would not look at my email for about an hour.  I would force myself to get what I needed to get done, before I would look at emails.  I didn't have instant messenger so that was not a distraction.  Good luck!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-30 10:56 AM
My husband took a sideways move on the chain of command where he works.  Went from supervising 36 to 6.  The first thing he said was "oh my God, I'm actually doing engineering again and it is wonderful!"

I hope you can step back from the people side of things and do some programming.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-10-30 8:58 AM
Cooler and windy here. But sunny. Had a lot of rain yesterday. Doing a Dawn 10k at lunch time.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-30 9:11 AM
Perfect running weather!  Enjoy your Dawn 10k!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-30 9:09 AM
I just returned from my power walk in the park with my friend.  Nice and cool this morning.   We walked 3.52 miles.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-30 11:02 AM
:happy::happy:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-30 11:02 AM
Mid 40's and windy!  Nice 3.25 miles.  I must confess I pulled the buff up over my face when going into the wind.

Probably not a positive change but I think/hope I made a difference today; took a salad to church for a funeral luncheon and then donated my 2 hours at the animal shelter.  We have a couple volunteers with low immune systems so I volunteered to clean the room with the cat with ringworm.  <shudder>

I have a sick husband on the couch and both our girls are on antibiotics for ear infections.   How can we live miles apart and be sick at the same time?  Change of seasons I guess.

World Series?  You've got to be kidding.  With my attention span that could never happen.:laugh:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-30 12:32 PM
You did make a difference!  The family of the deceased and the food coordinator are so happy to have people donate meals.  It can be a struggle sometime.  I applaud you for cleaning up after animals.  Sometimes I can barely walk through the food pet aisle without my stomach turning.

Sick family?  How does that happen when they aren't even close to each other.  Unbelievable.  Hope they all start feeling better soon.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-30 1:26 PM
Hope your husband and girls are all better soon. You are such a kind person and the things you do to help others make a difference in this world.:hug:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-10-30 12:19 PM
The Nooner Dawn 10k is done. 6.21 miles
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-30 12:32 PM
Mr. Consistency!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-30 1:15 PM
Nooner Dawn.  Has a nice ring to it.:grin:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-30 1:23 PM
No watching the game for me. Also, no running. My sweet Westie, Charlie started having some health issues last week and the Vet couldn't figure out what was wrong. The short version of the sad story is that he just kept getting worse until we had to have him put to sleep this morning. He was 12 years old and the best dog we have ever had. I just broke the news to Alex who was devastated. He loved us all, but he was definitely Alex's baby.

Hopefully, I will be up to running/walking in a few days and will have some mileage to post. I forgot to mention that I somehow hurt my back and am having a difficult time getting up and down right now.

Sorry to drop by with nothing but bad news to share, but that's all I've got today. I have some beef stew in the crock pot-maybe that will make the Robbins family feel better-comfort food!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-30 1:41 PM
Oh Pam, so sorry about Charlie.:sad:  12 years is not nearly long enough.  He was a lucky dog to be loved by your family.  Hugs to Alex.:hug:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-30 1:51 PM
Thank you, Dawn.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-30 1:52 PM
Pam so sorry to hear about your dog. 

Hope your back feels better soon and that feel better-comfort food is extra comforting today.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-31 4:32 AM
Thank you.:hug:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-10-30 2:08 PM
I did not watch any of the game last night.  I have watched a big part of most of the other games.  Staying up past 10:00 is a thing of the past.

It was 32F this morning.  Ran the 8 mile circuit. 

Some of the kids were a little on the wilder side today.  It's the Halloween thing, I'm sure.  Truck or treat tonight at the school.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / World Series Hangover Monday, 30 Oct 2017