Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Slide Tackle This Monday RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-30 6:01 AM
:grin:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-30 6:27 AM
Rip had three games this weekend. They lost all but they played great, and almost won one of them. So, I have seen her slide to kick the ball, usually it is more she kicks so hard she kicks herself off her feet. But yesterday she was running down this girl as the last defender. She was step by step but couldn't get ahead and before you could say BOO she slide kicked the ball, never touched the girl, and it was absofreakinglutely GLORIOUS!

She also had many great saves in goal, but she dove on a ball with a girl running it down. The girl didn't touch her but the ball bounced at the same time rip went over it and she got the ball. She saved it and it gave her a busted lip and quick a shock in the face. I think it scared her a bit so the coach pulled her to let her settle. She was back on the field in 5 min:cool: And she is so proud of that lip today:laugh::laugh:

One more week in the boot. I put my arch support in my sock in my boot this morning. I need to start getting ready to be in real shoes again.

But I also need to buy new shoes to help my feet. We'll see if I have any money left after my car repairs on Wednesday.
Oil change
Serpentine belt
Timing belt
Brakes
4 tires (Omg the most expensive part):cry:
Alignment
Check fuses:roll:

Tj stayed with my MIL and Q all weekend so it was a girls weekend. Spent about $200 on clothes for Ripley. Fun.

Bills paid:cool: Next month will be easier with no car insurance bill and NO MED BILLS:cool:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-30 7:42 AM
Kids are funny. My nephew has a big scar on his forehead where he hit the ground and split it open. He’s always proudly referring to it as his “man scar”. :laugh:

Did you get an estimate on your car repairs?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-30 7:55 AM
I keep telling her "Chicks dig scars" but she doesn't get the reference and wonders why she would care if they did. I don't think there is a male equivalent, is there:laugh:

Yes, without the brakes because I forgot - $2200:cry:

The tires are $800 of it. Wonder if I should search tires online and do them elsewhere. I just googled. Will they be pissed if I drop the tires from my job since I'm sure they have to order them?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-30 6:30 AM
--Registrations are really starting to roll in for the Turkey Strut. :cool: I don’t have an exact count but I’m pretty sure we have at least 50. I’d really like to hit 300.

--We got all the cattle panels (about 40) and the electric fencing taken down out of the garden this weekend. We still need to combine the dry beans and then everything is done.

--I got a call/voicemail at 10:39 p.m. Friday night from a wireless number. Guy was staying in a hotel in Springfield and wanted to know if I did house calls. :wtf::roll: He proceeded to call back, not once, but 4 more times on Sunday between the hours of 4 p.m. and 9:39 p.m. I was going to call him back this morning but I thought I’d be considerate of the time and wait until I got the office. Nope, he called me at 7:15 a.m. Sorry, dude, I don’t do outcalls in a hotel and right now I’m not even taking new clients. He needs to go on Craigslist.

--The people came and got the rest of the small squares of hay yesterday. :cool: They’ll be good customers. I think they’ve bought close to 300 bales from us.

--I noticed that the second quarter 50 state marathon reunion is going to be held at the Oklahoma City Marathon. I was kind of thinking of running Frisco but I may plan on this for my comeback race. :wink: I’ve always wanted to run this one and it’s relatively close.

--We picked up 5 backhoe buckets of rocks out of a field Iowa just planted wheat in. OMG, they are crazy big. We need to get all the ones that are on the ground and those that are sticking out enough where he’s hitting his equipment, picked up. What a crappy job. :roll:

--Rough night Saturday. :sad: I feel pretty good this morning but I also took a couple Tylenol late in the afternoon for a little headache, 2 Advil PM before I went to bed, plus 3/4 tablet Prednisone. Geez, I hate relying on all of this to be functional. Hoping they call today to get the tests scheduled.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-30 8:17 AM
Has the Turkey Strut improved every year? What was last years count?

Creepers go back to Craig's List:mutmad: Block his number. Ew.

Time to start the 50 all over again?:mischief:

Glad you are feeling ok. Yes, it sucks to have so many protocols to feel "ok". :sad:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-30 8:32 AM
This is my third year helping out with the race. I think we had roughly 250 the first year I helped and 275 last year. I know the first year they did it there were 180. Not sure about the second year, so yea, it has steadily grown. This is only a town of 4,000 people so I think they get a pretty good representation.

I’m not doing the 50 states again. Besides, OK would not be one of those as I have run it twice already. :blush: Route 66 Marathon and Pumpkin’ Holler 50K. :happy:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-30 8:56 AM
:laugh:
- - By niteowl Date 2017-10-30 4:58 PM
Please vote for our Senior, Max Schieber (under boys section)

Newspressnow.com/athletes
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-31 6:52 AM
Done. He is currently winning:cool:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Slide Tackle This Monday RTTs