Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday Morning dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-10-30 5:33 AM
Hope your week goes well. :happy:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-10-30 5:34 AM
Friday I had a good yoga class and tasted some interesting teas.
Saturday was SDO except for a 45 minute cardio dvd
Sunday Buddy and I did 60 minutes out the trail even though it was really dark. After that I went to the park to do my stretches. On the way there I saw a buck with a big rack in a front yard. I am especially careful since DS’s car was totaled recently (out in CO) by a deer that kicked in the radiator and grill, then ran off. He has since gotten a new car.
Today I hope to do a morning run, rain or not. I’m grateful to have a jacket that is plastic coated for weather.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-10-30 7:52 AM
I hope you stay dry on your run!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-30 8:07 AM
deer can do a lot of damage.  Enjoy your run!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-30 1:01 PM
Deer can be nasty. Glad your jacket is water repellent!
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-10-30 3:21 PM
I can't believe the buck did that!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-30 3:27 PM
Deer can be crazy! Hope you had a dry run
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:11 AM
I encountered a kamakazie deer who ran into the path of my car out of nowhere but I didn't realize they were inclined to go after stationary objects. Still with wildlife, I tend to opt for caution when I am not preacquainted.:shocker!:

I hope your jacket kept you reasonably dry.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-10-30 6:16 AM
Sorry I missed the weekends. Too much going on.

Friday afternoon G and I did our mile and half laps around the track. I ran that morning so that made it a total of 5.5 for me.

Sat I ran 4 and did a quick yoga. Did I mention I love my new mat? :wink: Our FIL came in town to visit a few days we went to dinner then my friends had a big adult Halloween party. The highlight was the skull ice sculpture with a shot tube so you pour a shot down the tube up top and it comes out the "mouth" of the skull and you have to drink. I have to say a) yes I tried it with a lemondrop shot b) omg it was ice cold and went down very easy c) it was funny as hell watching everyone do this. I went home before my husband which was unusual he was having fun with his friends and I wanted to run so I left and he came in later at least he didn't drink to much as he didn't snore.

Sun I ran an easy 3 before church, G had choir and handbells, then after G and I ran 2 miles and he did the whole thing without stopping. Pretty soon he is going to eclipse me. Then did Yoga Nidra which is yoga meditation. I might have fallen asleep. After we had a big neighborhood pumpkin carving party.

Oh I just ran 4 today. It got chilly yay!

A very good weekend. I miss Evan so much around this time of year he loved Halloween. Last year he and friends made a haunted house in friend's backyard and had a blast. I am so happy he had a really good last Halloween on this earth.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-10-30 7:51 AM
Sounds like a great weekend. :grin:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-30 7:53 AM
sounds like a wonderful weekend. :hug:Evan :hug:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-30 1:01 PM
Nice weekend! Interesting shot administration. Glad G is sticking with it, can you find a 5K for him to enter?

It will be really hard this year because of all the first times without Evan. I am glad he enjoyed it last year!
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-10-31 7:57 AM
We are doing the Hot Chocolate 5K in December
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-10-30 3:23 PM
:hug:
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-30 3:25 PM
Sounds like a great weekend.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:14 AM
I am glad you had a good weekend.  I'm glad you have those wonderful  memories even if they  can be a difficult blessing.:hug:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-10-30 7:50 AM
We got our first frost of the season for my birthday. :happy:  Lovely weather for running this morning, so I had a nice 5.4-mile run.

Sending good wishes moonglow's way today. :hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-30 7:54 AM
happy birthday frost!  Glad you enjoyed your run.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-10-30 9:04 AM
Happy Birthday!:hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-30 12:59 PM
Frost! Envy envy envy.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-30 3:25 PM
Happy Birthday!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-30 4:32 PM
Happy Birthday and may you have many more. :grin:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:16 AM
I'm glad the running weather cooperated. Hey! Happy Birthday!:grin:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-30 8:01 AM
busy busy... DH's parents were here for the weekend.  mine are coming this coming weekend, because DH is having minor surgery on Friday and will probably be bedridden for a few days after.  Bedridden at home - it's outpatient surgery - but it's unpleasant outpatient surgery. Anyway, it will be nice to have my parents around to help with P.  They will stay til Tuesday morning.

I have a big deadline today - a "polished" first draft of a massive paper.  Some of what I've written is probably okay, some is closer to borderline coherent garbage.  I have to submit by midnight so I'll be working all day.  Unfortunately for me, I no longer have the luxury of working in the evenings because of baby.  So I maximize the the time when I have childcare (7:30-5:30 M-Th).  I'm planning to head out for 4-5 miles at some point during the day when I need a break.

thinking good thoughts for moonglow :hug:

happy birthday swannie!
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-30 10:15 AM
Happy paper writing.  Just keep working on it, writing is a process!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-30 12:59 PM
Keep writing! Sorry about DH, hope he recovers quickly. Nice to have your parents around.

Have you told them about the possibility of #2, or will they figure it out fairly quickly when you don't have wine?
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-10-30 3:24 PM
I'm hoping you were able to get a lot accomplished today.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-30 3:26 PM
Hope DH recovers quickly, good luck with the paper.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:17 AM
You got this.:hug:
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-30 8:18 AM
About to hit the treadmill for a run, was hoping to get out for 10 today but O woke up feeling sick. 102 fever and headache so she is home today. Fingers crossed she feels better tomorrow. They have a big Halloween parade and party at school and I know she'd be sad to miss it.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-10-30 9:14 AM
one of the few halloweens I remember is the one I was sick. I actually told mom I was too sick to trick or treat. I was going to be a cowgirl. :sad:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-30 10:13 AM
The year I was a cowgirl I wet my pants trick or treating-- perhaps being home and sick was a better choice!:blush:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-30 10:13 AM
Is there a way to make Halloween special even if she can't go to school?
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-30 10:59 AM
Hoping she is feeling better but if she isn't we can hopefully do something special tomorrow.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-30 12:58 PM
Hope O feels better. It is miserable to be sick on Halloween.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-10-30 3:24 PM
I hope she feels better.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:18 AM
Maybe a lunch out this weekend in costume?
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-10-30 9:07 AM
Interesting run this morning. A stormy Sunday into Monday led to lots of branches on the road. One road had a tree across it. 3 miles done. I'm fixing a hope chest and not sure whether to use nails or screws to fix the leg of it. I'm trying to get stuff accomplished on my own. I want to build a headboard using planks of wood too.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-30 10:14 AM
Wow, you are handy! What inspired you to want to build?
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-10-30 3:20 PM
I need a headboard and didn't want to spend a lot. Also, nothing really matches my set. My old headboard was a full size one and I couldn't use it when I upgraded to a queen. I hate not having a headboard. I saw cute, simple ones, which simply put planks of wood together. Nothing fancy, but it looks country style.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-30 12:58 PM
Good for you! Both the hops over all those branches and learning carpentry.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:20 AM
That sounds like quite a project. I hope you satisfied with the results in both cases.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-30 10:12 AM
Awesome swim this morning. I woke up about 12 min before my alarm, so I got to the pool early and had 40 min in the water.  Did a combination of swim, kick, and synchro drills. Just had fun!

I helped a friend who moved a month ago to rearrange furniture and unpack boxes on Sunday morning for two hours.  Then I came home and took down the sukkah (finally) and did some reorganization in the garage. So I woke up in the middle of the night with some pain in my back.  Swimming really helped!!

The friends' house looked like a hoarder lived there when I walked in.  There were tiny paths through between rooms.  Their bed and sofa were both covered with stuff and it made me wonder where they had slept.  By the time I left, one could sit on the sofa to watch TV and walk to the front door and into the kitchen without difficulty. It made me want to go home and get rid of TONS of things. Unfortunately, most of what i want to get rid of would need MCF's approval. So instead I just stacked things in the garage a lot tighter, and will talk to him about my getting rid of things (like TONS of empty amazon boxes that I'm not sure why we are saving).
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-30 11:34 AM
Ermagerd. You are a GREAT friend to help do the unpacking stuff.

Also, amen on the purging stuff. Have you seen the chatter lately about "dostadning", aka "Swedish death cleaning"? SFW link to article
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-30 12:54 PM
I agree with Zip, you are a good friend to do this. I have helped people move who still had boxes from the last time they moved.

Death cleaning -- what they don't mention in that article is either getting rid of stuff that you would not want family members to know you had, or to keep said stuff in boxes labeled "Just Toss, Don't Open". I cleaned out a great deal of stuff that I don't think DH would have wanted anyone to know about. Hoarder indeed.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-30 3:04 PM
It's so much easier when it isn't your stuff!! I helped my BFF unpack her kitchen two years ago, for the first four months or so she was always asking me where things were!:laugh:

My parents moved out of a house they'd lived in for 30 years about 10 years ago and got rid of a TON of stuff.  They've been pretty good at keeping things paired down since then.  Should save my brother and I some work in the long run (they also are thinking of moving into a retirement community, which will make them pare down as well!)
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-10-30 3:13 PM
I wish my parents would move.  They have been married 40+ years and have moved once and have no plans of moving again.  Their parents did basically the same thing.  For people who tend to keep everything they possibly can and who haven't moved in 25 years, it's easy to end up with a lot of stuff.  My maternal grandparents lived with us and there's still stuff that hasn't been touched since they died fifteen years ago.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-30 3:18 PM
MCF has boxes he packed when he moved to London in 98 that he hasn't opened since they were packed. When he had the broken leg last year I was tempted to just set them out by the curb, it would have been months before he would have noticed they were gone.  I can't imagine what is in them that he could possibly want.

The friends I helped unpack are similarly packrats.  They both grew up without much, and one on a farm where there were lots of out buildings to store stuff in.  So learning to get rid of stuff wasn't important.  Of course it doesn't help that they couldn't find their pots and pans in the first few days in the house, so they bought more. :roll:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-30 4:18 PM
Oh lawsy.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-10-30 4:54 PM
My parents last moved in 1991.  A few years ago she found an unopened box labeled "Kitchen Stuff: not needed right away."  She opened it and found things she wanted to keep. :roll:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-30 8:36 PM
But when that happens it's like Christmas because you find things you had completely forgotten about!
Parent - - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-10-30 7:27 PM
I am such the opposite.  I had plenty growing up, but for a couple years I toured and lived in hotels out of 2 suitcases.  It was freeing.   Clutter makes me twitchy, which doesn't help when I visit the rest of my family who are all packrats.  My niece, the other night, was so happy that tissues in boxes that featured the Minions were on sale and my sister bought 24 boxes. :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:

Heck, when my husband comes home with anything larger than a 4 pack of toilet paper I go postal on him.   He likes to buy in bulk but we have ZERO storage space.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-30 8:36 PM
Definitely not the ideal candidates for a Costco membership...:laugh:
Parent - - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-10-31 7:49 AM
LOL - I actually have one to buy stuff for my daughter's school.  :blush:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-31 6:27 PM
I heart Costco but I imagine it's challenging to resist the massive packs of stuff. Like paper towels and TP and detergent.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-30 4:17 PM
seriously, such a good friend!!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-30 3:20 PM
I'm so impressed with your swimming, kind of makes me want to start again.

I need to get rid of a bunch of stuff that need DHs approval, but want to declutter.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-10-30 3:28 PM
You are a good friend. I also would love to get rid of some of DH's stuff. He is a collector and there is too much stuff.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:23 AM
Why is it so hard to get rid of stuff! My house isnt like hoarders but I don't need a lot of things but keep them for sentimental reasons.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-30 11:30 AM
Thinking of Moonglow. If you check in, MG, wishing you good results and minimal discomfort. :hug::hug::hug:

It's cold and yucky out right now. Roads are kind of slick. But I need to go to the gym and do grocery shopping, etc. I did about 15 min of easy fencing last night, and was super-restrained about stopping after that amount, even though I was having a blast and my leg was feeling great. But even easy fencing requires more leg movement than I have been used to of late, so I am aiming to do enough to challenge my muscles a bit, but not overdo it. The calf and little supporting muscles got a workout, and that was fabulous.

Eldest Daughter and I sparred a bit, too. She is considering maybe trying out for a college fencing team, and T-bone is coaching her. It was good family time. Because the family that slays together, stays together, right? : pbbt::laugh:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-30 12:56 PM
Definitely encourage Eldest Daughter to try out for college fencing. Title IX means many colleges have scholarship funds for women in various sports because they offer scholarships for men playing football and have to offer equal opportunities for women in other sports -- basketball is fairly equal (both men's and women's teams), but I don't know of any universities that have women's football teams so they have to make it up elsewhere. She should look into scholarship opportunities for fencing.
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2017-10-30 5:14 PM
Well, yes and no.  There isn't as much money out there for athletics scholarships as people think.  Turns out there is more money for academic awards. 

http://www.scholarshipstats.com

But, yes, cool that she has a new hobby and something she can share with her father and stepmom!
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-30 5:24 PM
Her dad is a phenom when it comes to sword sports; with luck, she will discover the same aptitude.
Parent - By SRoo Date 2017-10-30 6:49 PM
That would be great!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-30 3:28 PM
How fun, I didn't now they had college fencing teams.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-10-30 3:29 PM
I love that you fence together.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:24 AM
I'm glad you and eldest share something you can do together.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-30 5:03 PM
OMG. You know how when you burn through a really good hard workout, and then you get so empty that you feel nauseated when you finally get something to eat?

Yeah, I had forgotten how that works in the last 10 months and have gotten sloppy in how I eat before and after a workout. Time to level up on nutrition and such again.

On a related note, it was a total "elephant day" for me. I did a HIIT workout followed by an hour on the TM. Legs felt great, running gait felt nice and strong and easy, but my HR was through the roof. I had to keep dialing back pace to try to stay in a reasonable HR zone and finished feeling like a wrung-out dishrag. I may do yoga tomorrow, but it will otherwise be an SDO.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-30 12:57 PM Edited 2017-10-30 1:00 PM
3.7 this morning, and no the day has not started well. Bad traffic. Missed my bus. The next one was also caught in traffic so we were late.

Swamped at work.

But it is cooler, yay, and I plan to WFH tomorrow. Between WS#6 at Dodger Stadium and Halloween, the traffic is going to be something awful.

Edit: adding best wishes for Moonglow!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-30 3:20 PM
Sorry for your rough start, hope the day is getting better
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-10-30 3:30 PM
Sounds like a bad start to the day. Hopefully the commute home will be better.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-30 9:40 PM
And another 3 with RN, out to look at Halloween decorations. There's a house tucked away at the end of a cul-de-sac that has very impressive decorations, and the beaming homeowner told us that this was nothing compared to what would be out tomorrow. We promised to try to come back and I invited them to come by our house for a glass of wine, since we're giving that away tomorrow night (only for the grownups!) along with candy and non-candy treats.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:27 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-31 5:26 AM
WFH is always a winner. Traffic :mutmad:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday Morning dailies