Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Freezing Friday, 27 Oct 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-27 7:15 AM
Ok -- not really freezing since it is 52 degrees but the wind is blowing so it feels very cold.  And tonight and tomorrow, it will be colder.  Brrr...perfect time for comfort food and staying indoors!

Let's get down to it.  What are the weekend plans?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-10-27 7:33 AM Edited 2017-10-27 7:37 AM
38° at the current time but we are skyrocketing up to 75° today. Then rain all day tomorrow and possible flakes of snow on Sunday morning.

I am really zapped today. The last 3 days I went into the office because a person who reports to me was in town. (He lives in Woodstock, GA.) He has been a contractor for a few years but is now a full-time employee. I needed to teach him everything I could fit in while he was here. The more he knows and learns, the better it will be in the long run. So I had a few 10 hour, people intensive, days in a row.

I woke up at 1:30 last night, couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and read until after 3:00.  Then I stayed in bed until 8:30 this morning.  My mind and body are all messed up.

I tried to keep up the workouts this week, but after going to the gym after work on Tuesday, I threw in the towel and skipped things the last 2 days.

This evening will be the "Running Dead 5k" in the park a couple miles from here where I do 95% of my runs. Should feel good after 2 days rest, but it will be in the low 70s so that may offset the rest. I wanted to fit in an event in October because it will earn me points in the company wellness program and get me entered in a drawing for stuff at work. This was about my last chance to get one done.  The race is a fundraiser for Goodwill.

Nothing else going on Saturday or Sunday.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-27 8:43 AM
your work week does not sound in the least bit enjoyable.:sad:  I like your thinking, though, that a couple days of no workouts should you in the right spot for a good run tonight.  Have fun!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-27 8:47 AM
Darn cold here.  And so windy!  I will do some sort of workout inside and then maybe, just maybe if the wind dies down around supper time I can go out for a few miles.

Just ran into Silly Sally at the grocery store.  We haven't seen each other in more than a year.  Lot of catching up in the produce aisle:laugh:

Our neighbor is housebound with hip replacement surgery so we may venture down to his house tomorrow afternoon for a beer or 2.  He's lonely and going stir crazy.  Amy might be in town tomorrow too.  I know she has an invite to a Halloween party and might spend the night here rather than driving back to her apartment.  And that's about it.   Thanks for the daily MB!
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-10-27 3:43 PM
I was wondering about Silly Sally! Kind of you to visit your lonely neighbor.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-10-27 9:24 AM
Frost on the cars this morning. but warming up nicely.
running 5 or so at lunch time. by tomorrow i should be up to doing a Dawn 10k. Legs slowly coming around.
Joined Planet Fitness and went to the gym at 5am yesterday morning with Sam. Lifted weights, not too sore today since i took it easy. They DON'T have his/her showers :sad:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-10-27 2:20 PM
It was not as cold this morning and yesterday morning (frost yesterday), but it's cooled down during the day and we might get snow showers this weekend.  Yippee!:roll:

I ran 6 miles this morning.  Would like to run longish tomorrow, but it's supposed to rain overnight and the trails will be muddy and not fun to run if it does, so I probably will just stick to the roads.

A former student at my previous school is running CC Regionals tomorrow afternoon in hopes of qualifying for state next weekend.  He's a freshman.  I coached him from the 4th grade to the beginning of last season.  I may go watch him tomorrow.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-10-27 3:45 PM
Went to spin this am. They are starting a rhythm and soul class too. Should b fun. Felt pretty good, had Thai lunch with Fast Friend. Like Dave, very long work hours this week.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-10-27 4:05 PM
It was dry and cool when I ran- 5 miles again.  I had to cut it short to finish up an assignment I was unable to post yesterday because my WiFi was out. We’re supposed to get a big storm Monday that may keep me on the mainland.

:grin:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-10-27 6:58 PM
The 5k is in the books. Same boring pace as I've been running all year.

27:29
36 of 149 overall
2 of 3 age group (50-59)

Sunset happened 5 minutes after the start so it was dark by the finish. It was a fun event. There was an unrelated group at the park and they were letting off balloon like things with something burning under them. Very cool with them all in the air glowing.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-27 7:34 PM
Good job Dave!  And you placed!
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-10-28 3:41 PM
Cool! Congratulations, Dave. I don’t like those 9 year age groups!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Freezing Friday, 27 Oct 2017