Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Floating Along Friday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-10-27 4:41 AM
We visualize floating on a cloud in yoga. I'm ready. :laugh:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-10-27 4:42 AM
Thursday I put on layers, muffler, hat, gloves and went out the trail. Temp was about 40°. I was almost back to the car when I saw a pair of deer, one, a buck, watching me carefully. They were on the other side of a very tall chain link fence pretty far away. I had been watching for deer the whole trail 45 minute run. From now on I plan to stay in the park.
Today DC and I are off to classes. Yoga and Meditation and Teas. I carry my large bag with needed stuff in it, yoga mat in its own bag, folded soft cushion for my knees in yoga, water bottle, etc. Maybe I should count that as cross training. :laugh:
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-27 6:34 AM
Isn't it amazing how much advance planning goes into a workout? We don't advertise that part!: pbbt:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-27 10:09 AM
Yoga, which should be a simple activity requires a lot of gear.  My yoga bag, which is a mesh bag I ordered for swimming and ended up being MUCH bigger than I needed, contains my yoga mat, towel, two blocks and strap.  So much stuff.

Do you have gear for the Teas class? Do you know what you are tasting today?
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2017-10-27 10:18 AM
Interesting on the yoga gear. When I go (went might be more appropriate these days in recovery...) its just the mat and mat towel (rolled inside with the mat). The mat is in a yoga mat carrying bag, which has pockets for a strap. The studio has plenty of yoga blocks, extra towels (and onsite laundry!), straps, and other assist props. The mat carrying bag is easy to carry and I never feel overburdened.
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2017-10-27 10:23 AM
Every activity is like that.  Running, for instance.  Just shoes, socks, shorts, sportsbra, shirt.  Simple!  And a hat.  Watch/gps/step counter.  Water bottle, energy gel.  ID bracelet.  Sunscreen.  Towel for the carseat on the way home.  Oh wait, it is getting cold.  Long sleeves, tights, base layer, gloves, vest, different hat.  And dark.  Reflective gear and headlamp.  :cry:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-27 11:31 AM
My life exactly.
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2017-10-27 12:50 PM
Shall we discuss bicycling?  :cry:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-27 1:51 PM
And the necessary stuff to repair said bicycle if necessary. :meh:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-27 4:36 PM
The great part of OWS sans wetsuit.  Swimsut, googles, cap. Then something warm for after-- but that stuff is in the closet anyway.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [us] Date 2017-10-27 10:44 AM
Yoga in India Requirements:
Matt - $1 straw or cloth from bazaar
Clothing - whatever wearing for the day maybe old sweatpants and shirt
Teacher - none needed just doing it before work in house or outside

Yoga in US Requirements:
Studio Membership Inside Room - $100 month
Yoga Mat - $75
Yoga Towel - $20
Yoga Blocks - $20
Yoga Strap - $10
Yoga Clothing -  $200
Eco Friendly Water Bottle - $20
Gas to Drive to Studio - $5
Green Cleansing Smoothie after - $5
Parent - By SRoo Date 2017-10-27 10:54 AM
:laugh: Green Cleansing Smoothie...
Parent - - By moonglow9 Date 2017-10-27 1:50 PM
Note: no mat actually required. I've done yoga on the bare grass, on sand, on the wood deck of MyFormerHouse, on the area rug in my sleeping room, on the tiles of my kitchen... and this was not in India either.

Note 2: I have never used official "yoga clothing", eco-friendly water bottle, smoothie, or many of the other paraphernalia described, either here or there. I actually do not use yoga blocks or a yoga strap in daily practise - prefer to use poses that go with my body's current range of motion and keep balance on my own. The online studio I'm now a part of costs 15USD/month; when I went to an in-person studio, I walked there from my flat around the corner.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-10-27 3:20 PM
I must say I love my mat. And I like having a studio and being with the other people and having a teacher focus on us. But I buy my yoga clothing on major sale or thrift shop or wear what I have.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-27 4:37 PM
who is it on here who does yoga naked?
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-10-28 10:16 AM
was it PC?
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-29 11:26 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

OMG. You are killing me here.

I was a little worried when I started taking yoga class at the YMCA that we might have that vibe, but I have been glad to see that classes are free with the monthly membership; no one really wears goofy clothing; and the mat, blocks and straps are included as group gym equipment. It is refreshingly low-key. Thank goodness. I would have bolted if anyone gave me the side-eye for wearing the wrong clothing, or suggested I needed a green smoothie. :blush:
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2017-10-29 12:13 PM
Might be coincidence or luck, but I've never been to a yoga studio with the green smoothie feel or had people look askance for clothing... do they exist, or is it a stereotype?
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-27 6:32 AM
It's supposed to get cold here "today". That's all I know. I am wearing a sweater in anticipation.

I worked until after 7 last night. Starting and 8, it was a long day of talking to folks about teeth and dentures. I did take an hour break at 3:30 and took a cat nap, but I was fried last night.: pbbt:

SDO today wil give over 48 hours between my last workout and tomorrow's 5 mile race. It's a fairly competitive race, but the course beautiful so I'm focusing on that and looking forward to it.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-27 3:34 PM
Long intensive work hours can be really draining! I know after classes I feel somewhat fried as well.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [us] Date 2017-10-27 8:25 AM
Ran 4 with my friend and probably 1.5 on tap later with G.
I did yoga last night with my brand new mat - love it. INEYT EcoFuse Yoga Mat (Alpenglow)
It is pretty and very think and comfy and eco friendly.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-27 10:11 AM
Does the new mat smell rubbery? I think I had to have mine (different brand) in the garage for about a month until it off gassed enough for me to want it anywhere near me.
Parent - By NotSoFast [us] Date 2017-10-27 10:39 AM
No not too bad. It is natural tree rubber. I also looked at some bamboo ones.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-27 3:33 PM
Good work on the 4 miler plus.:happy: I noticed that those mats are not supposed to smell bad at all from the reviews. Also, a softer mat would be a great thing for knees and sit bones.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-10-27 12:12 PM
I got busy and forgot to post this morning. I ran 3 miles and it was a decent run. I didn't get to run much this week due to work, but I am hoping to have a better schedule next week. Tomorrow night we are going to a big pumpkin display and I'm looking forward to that.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-27 3:31 PM
Great work on the 3 miler! The pumpkin display should be really fun. :grin:
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-27 3:35 PM
Cold, windy and snowing here:cry: Wind chills in low 20s and 1 week ago it was 80 and sunny, got to love this crazy weather.
4 treadmill miles and strength today. Feels good to get back to a regular strength routine after minimal strength work the last few weeks of marathon training.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Floating Along Friday dailies