Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday, 24 Oct 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-24 6:43 AM
Didn't mean to start the daily twice in a row, but I have a question.  Are we going to migrate to the L&O combined dailies?

So what are today's plan?  How is Karen?  Deb?  Mark H?  Ron in Florida?

QOTD - Tell us about your favorite Halloween treat.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-10-24 6:50 AM
I kinda like it here with you people. Those L&O folks make me look normal.

Running 3 ish today. Still sore and taking it easy.

I like Mounds and Almond Joys
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-24 1:50 PM
I forgot how much I love Almond Joy's! I may have to check out L&O if they make YOU look normal! Could be entertaining:wink::laugh:!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-24 7:44 AM
I think it is interesting that some of the other groups have replied to the forum question but no one here on Masters has touched it.  I wouldn't mind chatting with some new folks and hearing new ideas about running.  I don't quite understand though the need to get rid of multiple dailies.   ??

Looks like it will rain all day here.  We will follow that with our first hard frost later in the week.  I set the furnace for 61 and it came on so I guess summer is officially over.  That brings up some new tasks; getting the hose in for the winter, dumping my flower pots, clearing off the last of the flower garden, one last coat of wax on the car before winter, etc, etc.

Today's plan is arms and abs and core in my not-so-sunny sunroom.  Misha can't quite figure out what is going on; we haven't been for the first walk of the day yet due to the rain.  She's been on the bed, in her kennel, under the table, down in the basement.  Her eyes are saying "please don't mess with my routine"

QOTD  - I only eat Reese's peanut butter cups at Halloween time.  I think because the wrapper is orange.  And I do like those little blobs of peanut butter taffy stuff that are wrapped in orange or black paper.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-24 1:54 PM
I don't understand the need for getting rid of some of the dailies either. Our rain cleared out and we have beautiful, cooler weather here but no frost yet! Poor Misha! Charlie had to go out yesterday when it was pouring (raining sideways!) and I was keeping HIM under the umbrella while I got soaked so that he would go!:roll::grin:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-10-24 3:25 PM
Because the number of posters on the dailies is dwindling a LOT across the forums and they were trying to get a bigger more engaging group going.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-10-24 6:55 PM
The peeps on L&O are wonderful. I’ve actually met about 50 of them. Copy and paste. I’d always consider this my home forum but I also like the idea of the combined daily.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-10-24 12:31 PM
I hope we keep the dailies here, but I will go where you all go. 

A 4th grader walked into the gym today for PE and said:  "I just love coming to the gym.  It's like walking into a portal of fun!":happy::hug: 

My regular eight miles this morning. 

World Series tonight.  It's the only professional sport championship I watch.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-24 1:35 PM
Well, I think we can just keep posting here.  If there are only 5 posts to read, I am fine with that.  Plus I just don't know if I would share as much with the others.  I feel like we "know" each other.

Mike - your 4th grader is just too cute!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-10-24 1:41 PM
I do like the "family" atmosphere here. 

I loved that comment from my 4th grader.  She is all the time the nicest kid!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-24 1:55 PM
Portal of fun....that's awesome!!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-24 1:55 PM
Welcome to the Portal of Fun!!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-24 1:39 PM
I went for a 3.56 mile power walk in town with my friend and then we talked for an hour!

The decluttering continues and boy does the garage look better.  Still not finished with it.

QOTD -- I rarely eat candy.  I don't buy it and haven't for about 7 years.  My husband likes the dark chocolate kisses and I buy those for him.  Now if someone makes candy, I will taste it.  I used to love candy corn, well I still do, I just don't eat it.

Ok -- I need to shower and do some homework.  My husband is golfing this afternoon.

Go Astros!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-10-24 1:42 PM
I am so glad the Astros beat the Yankees.  I really don't like the Yankees.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-24 1:56 PM
We are trying to declutter here. There were so many things that piled up while I was unable to do much around the house. The guys tried their best, but they had a lot on their plates so I'm not complaining!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-24 1:47 PM
Good afternoon, Y'all! I don't think I've been around here enough lately to make any decisions on dailies, but let me know if Y'all decide to leave so I can still find Y'all!!

I got up in a really funky/whiny mood this morning and was planning to just head back to bed. I talked myself into going out with the intentions of going one mile. I felt so good after I got out in the beautiful sunshine that I kept going and ended up with 2.25 miles of walking with a good bit of running thrown in!!:happy: I then headed home and did a lot of cleaning that I have been putting off!

My favorite Halloween treat? Reese's PNB cups! I've recently given up sugar though so this year I don't even want to SEE any candy!

BTW-if any of you want to see some fun photos from my recent 5k you can check them out on my blog post. I still can't get the darn pictures directly on here! I KNOW Y'all want to see Ray and Conor wearing tutu's!! LOL! http://sherunsstrongerthroughthestorm.blogspot.com/2017/10/paint-gwinnett-pink-5k.html
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-10-24 6:58 PM
I’d post in both forums.

That said, I’m behind on running. School is busy this week and I had to teach 4 BLS classes on Monday. Tomorrow is supposed to be very rainy but I need to run.

:grin:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday, 24 Oct 2017