Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / For your consideration
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-21 9:15 PM
http://www.runango.com/forums/topic_show.pl?tid=196045
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2017-10-22 4:55 AM
I'm reluctant. Even if the number of daily posters is low at times, I'm more comfortable with that and the group we have than I would be with a combined thread. I feel I can speak more freely and, to be honest, would likely stop or be very reluctant to post on a combined daily.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-10-22 9:43 AM
I could see the advantages, but I am afraid we might end up losing people like Moonglow, who aren't as comfortable in a group of online "strangers."  I do wonder if I'd post less often if I didn't feel obligated to not leave Judy on the thread alone. :laugh:  I'll do whatever others decide is the way to go, but I can see both advantages and disadvantages to a combined daily thread.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-10-23 2:59 PM
:laugh: About leaving Judy alone. There have been a few times when I thought that might have to happen. I realize that there is an evolution to these threads. I would understand if it needed to convert. :happy:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2017-10-23 4:32 PM
It sounds like a lot of people want to stay posting here rather than a combined thread, so no need for change for now at least.  :happy:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-22 10:11 AM
Could there simply be a women's daily thread? I wouldn't be as inclined to post much if I thought some random stranger would make fun of it. Maybe if we could have a separate thread.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-22 11:26 AM
I likely wouldn't post. Not sure why, but I wouldn't.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-23 5:47 AM
I'm with Moonglow9. I realize the problem of dwindling numbers and the necessary evolution of threads over time exists. If you need to disband or join another area, I would understand. :hug:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-23 6:25 AM
I see the advantages and disadvantages.  It's quite likely that the tone of our posts would change if we were combined with others we don't know, but I do lurk over there sometimes so I feel like I "know" many of the L&O characters.  I'd love to start getting to know some others and feel more connected with a larger group, but that's just me.  I might start double posting my daily if we go that way, but I would hate to lose the camaraderie we have here and I don't want to lose people like moonglow and reebs and Judy and noquitter!
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2017-10-23 8:44 AM
I agree - and will likely double-post, on the days I have time to post at all.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-23 7:38 PM
I guess I have to admit I might "try out" posting over there if I could run back to you guys if someone made fun of me.:laugh:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-25 1:36 PM
Of course! I will if you will...
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2017-10-23 8:04 AM
Although I'm not active these days, I'm lurking! I'd like to keep our own threads here on Womens, if anyone is keeping track of "votes." ;)
Parent - By NotSoFast [us] Date 2017-10-23 8:43 AM
Hmmm.. I prefer we stick here but will go with whatever the group decides
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-10-23 5:32 PM
I also prefer a women's, but have let life get in the way of posting. I will try to post more.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-10-24 7:13 AM
I wouldn't post.  My workouts are pretty piddly compared to others and I'd quickly be demoralized reading everyone else's.  Yep, I know we're all in our own place, but my head gets in the way of accepting that.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-25 1:35 PM
Looks to me as if we have general consensus not to dissolve the dailies here, but some have posted over in L&O as well and that's been made the all-inclusive thread. Works for me!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-25 2:25 PM
The great thing about this thread is that I can ask advice of you all. I know and respect all of you and that makes me comfortable in asking.
Thanks Arimathea. :happy:
Up Topic Communities / Women / For your consideration