Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 20 Oct 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-20 7:39 AM
Yea the weekend is here!

What are your plans?
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-10-20 8:20 AM
Morning!

Running 3 miles at lunch.
Marathon tomorrow morning in Delaware. Leaving around 430am for race. weather looks just about perfect for the race. temps are supposed to be 50 to 65 during the race time frame. sunny and no wind and low humidity.

Wedding shower at my house for Lizzie tomorrow...sadly i will be at the race : pbbt: The school Lizzie teaches at just did a profile on her
Parent - By DottieO Date 2017-10-20 8:33 AM
Good luck! Run fast! Have fun! :hug:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-20 8:41 AM
Yay for perfect conditions!!  Kick butt.

Cute picture of Lizzie - 1/2 Rob, 1/2 Sam.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-10-20 9:27 AM
Delaware is proud to offer great weather for the marathon.  Yeah, I know we often get used weather from Dawn.  But we specifically ordered this just for you.   Go get em.  Chase that monster.

That's a great piece on Lizzie.  Wow.   She sure must have had some great teachers growing up.  And she has an amazing resemblance to her former teacher.    WTG Dad.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-20 10:27 AM
Good luck with the marathon! Perfect temps indeed!! Lizzie:hug:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-10-20 12:54 PM
Good luck tomorrow. I'm glad I changed my mind about that race or I would be spending today driving hundreds of miles. The timing for me to be at this race ended up being pretty bad anyway.  Nice article & pictures of Lizzie.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-20 8:47 AM
tomorrow we put away the convertible for the winter.  Our neighbor had hip replacement last week so we'll be putting his up too.  Storage is at the county fairgrounds 20 miles away so a few trips back and forth. Then in the afternoon looks like Amy wants a sidekick when she orders her prescription safety goggles for work.  Almost too much excitement for one weekend!

I'd like to run today but it kind of depends if/when/how long Misha is willing to sit in jail.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-10-20 9:28 AM
Goggles shopping sounds awesome.  Enjoy!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-20 10:28 AM
Pretty much anything with the kids is fun now that they are grown up, huh??:hug: Have a great weekend!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-10-20 9:36 AM
Spent my morning at school with the engineering class.  It felt so good being back in a classroom, but boy I don't miss all the papers, lesson plans and other crap.  SMOG lunch shortly.  St Marks Old Guys.  Bunch of retired teacher friends and we get together every few months.

I ran last night, the first night run in years.   I stayed under the street lights since I still don't fully trust my feet.  It felt pretty good running in perfect weather.   I was totally surprised at the number of Halloween lights that people put up.  :shocker!:

Weekend???  Sunday i travel to Strasburg PA and Monday we charter a freight train with steam engine for the day to ride and photograph.  

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-20 9:57 AM
great weekend plans Tom!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-20 10:30 AM
What a fun weekend ahead! I haven't run at night in a long time! I do well to not trip over my own feet in the daytime!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-20 10:25 AM
Good afternoon! 1.5 sunny miles for me today! I love that the weather is cool enough so that I feel comfortable getting out there a bit later in the morning! When I had my lab work done a few weeks ago my Vitamin D levels were extremely low. Not sure of the exact numbers, but low enough that the doctor put me on 50, 000 Units of D3 which I take twice a week for 8 weeks-then I will go to 2,000 units daily. I'm hoping the sunshine will help that-it sure helps my attitude!

We have plans to go to the Gold Rush Days Festival and then to Alex's apartment tomorrow evening for dinner! Sunday Conor has a lacrosse game and that's pretty much our weekend!

Y'all have a wonderful weekend!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-20 10:41 AM
I did a similar thing with the Vitamin D 3 maybe 4 years ago.  I'm on 800 a day now.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-10-20 12:22 PM
Love reading a post from you.  The sunshine will surely help.  ENJOY!
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2017-10-20 11:30 AM
Hello Masters, a 3 mile trot for me today.   And this afternoon my wife and I plan to visit Napa Valley/Sonoma and other spots that were devastated by the horrendous fire through out that area.   Report is thousand of homes devastated by the fire.

Have a good day and a good weekend.

See ya later.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-20 11:34 AM
I think you should be prepared for a pretty sad trip Jim.:sad:
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2017-10-20 12:48 PM
Local reports about the fires - say 5 -6 thousand homes are gone!!!   And TV shots of devastation show aerial  pics of all the homes lost - demolished.   Sad.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-10-20 12:55 PM
What's the reason for the trip?
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-10-20 12:23 PM
I just can't begin to comprehend.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-10-20 12:52 PM
Just trying to get through the work day without another critical emergency.

I spent lunch at the gym. After some time on the ARC trainer I tried the treadmill for a half mile. My calf felt fine so I will give running a try tomorrow morning. I will dig my compression socks out of the back of my sock drawer and see if they help.

Got my flu shot at Walgreen's today.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-10-20 1:58 PM
The kids have left the building and I'm about to head home.  The next two days are all mine.   Melissa and Makayla are gone for another night at Boyce College and will be home tomorrow.

My plan is to enjoy a quiet night at home with a book.  Long run on the trails in the morning.

I ran 5 miles this morning.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 20 Oct 2017