Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday already?
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-19 8:43 AM
Good Morning Masters!

What's new in your neck of the woods?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-19 8:48 AM
Good news for Dottie yesterday!
Hoping Mark's surgery went well too.
Taper time for Rob.
And Pam stopped by!!

I ran a 4 miler late afternoon yesterday.  Really really windy.  But no complaints as 70 degrees in October is a blessing around here.  Hubby and dog were sitting on the patio when I got home and he said I looked really good coming in!:happy: I'll take the compliment.  And, well, my running shorts were really cute yesterday.:laugh:  Not sure of today's workout.  Strength training of some sort.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-19 9:21 AM
Dawn
How sweet to have your husband and pet waiting for you!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-19 10:25 AM
Good afternoon!

I just got back from a 1.5-mile walk/run! Yep, I said RUN!! I've been throwing in some sort of "slogging" I guess you would call it occasionally, but today I actually moved my feet enough that I think I can call it "RUNNING!" Not much of it, but I'll take it!

As I mentioned on FB yesterday (if you aren't my FB friend-you should because I post some pretty lame stuff that you might miss!!).....I am in the process of changing a lot of things in my diet. I didn't mention that I will be participating in a study for the National Cancer Institute which is basically a study evaluating the role of weight loss in adjuvant treatment of overweight and obese women with breast cancer. Once I got over the "overweight and obese" thing, I was really excited to sign up! I'm really hoping to get this weight off once and for all and to see if I can actually become a runner again in the process!!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-19 10:26 AM
Okay, so I guess I posted in the wrong place! It's been awhile, folks!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-19 10:52 AM
woo hoo!!!!!!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-19 9:21 AM
Good morning!

Just returned from my power walk of 3.5 miles!  Not as cool this morning, but still nice.

Nothing new to report here.

Have a good day!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2017-10-19 10:27 AM
:cool::cool:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-10-19 1:50 PM
We have parent-teacher conference from 4-7 this evening.  That's a long time for the conference, but that's the way it is.

Melissa and Makayla are going to college preview weekend this evening and will be back on Saturday.  Makayla is already accepted at Boyce College in Louisville for next fall, which is an undergraduate school of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.  The college paid for a hotel room and meals for them.  It's just me and the cats at home tonight and tomorrow night.

My usual, fun 8 mile run this morning.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-19 4:57 PM
Congrats to Makayla.  Another milestone in your family.

I hope you have a full schedule of parents; otherwise it might be a long night......
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-10-19 6:10 PM
I went into the office today but after a couple long days of work I took off early today. Had a good workout at the gym and then dinner at our favorite Italian place with the in-laws.

For any fellow sky watchers out there, I wanted to let you know that Uranus is visible to the naked eye tonight. (Let the jokes begin.)  It's in opposition to the sun and at it's closest to Earth.  I'm going to try with binoculars later. It will be a blue color.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday already?