Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Questionable decisions Tuesdaily
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-10-17 8:36 AM
Have you made any questionable decisions lately? Tell us all about them!

Run/workout
Eat any good food lately?
Blather

Bonus: Are you a second guesser? Or do you just make decisions and plow ahead, hoping for the best?
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-10-17 9:12 AM
I just ate some yogurt at my desk without checking the expiration date. It tasted funny. :meh: Definitely  a questionable decision!

Run will be after work. I needed extra sleep this morning.
No real good food lately. Cleaning out the pantry and fridge since we will be out of town again this weekend.
Blather: I have a meeting today that has been rescheduled at least 5 times. The woman I am meeting with is wearing the exact same top as me today! :shocker!::laugh:

Bonus: I don't second guess decisions since it doesn't do any good. I used to second guess everything though!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-10-17 9:36 AM
At a certain age in my career, I would have felt awkward if I had a meeting with a woman in the same top.  Now, I would love it!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-10-17 9:55 AM
Trying to run that marathon in Omaha three weeks ago was a questionable decision which went the wrong way.  That said, if I hadn't pushed myself over the edge that day, I would likely still be half-assing my running, not taking the time to heal and not correcting the causes of my injury, so I guess there is a purpose to every dumb thing I do.

I planned on 90 minutes in the pool this morning, but people were waiting on lanes at 6:30, so I hopped out after an hour.  The pool has 10 lanes, but at 6:30 am, the HS swim team takes 8 of the lanes, leaving only 2 open.  Usually, there aren't more than 4-5 people in those 2 lanes when the HS kids start, but there were more people today.  Will go to boxing class again tonight.  Tuesday's workouts usually involve a lot of running, burpees, and other things I cant do yet, so I will hop on the bike when those things are commanded of us. 

I tried a new chicken & pasta recipe last night.  It was delicious!  It included sundried tomatoes and spinach.....two things blazerboy usually won't touch.  His girlfriend :hug: ate dinner with us, so in an effort to not look like a whiner, he ate everything on his plate.  :happy:

Blather:  Blazerman is STILL waiting for the company he had 4 interviews with to make a decision.  At least it isn't a NO....yet.  Since it isn't a bajillion degrees during the day anymore, he has been going for long walks to get some exercise.  He listens to podcasts on his walks, usually 30 for 30 as ESPN has those on podcast now.  This morning I recommended he start the first season of Serial as I am sure he will enjoy it.  If he takes my recommendation, I bet he will listen to more than one episode today!

Bonus:  NO.  I am a firm believer that if you are prudent when making a decision, especially a major one, you don't look back.....only forward.  Second guessing solves nothing and can only cause anxiety and regret.  Before we committed to moving to Texas nine years, blazerman and I agreed we could never second guess such a HUGE decision as we had very specific reasons for making it at the time.  I will always feel it was the best decision of my life.
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2017-10-17 10:26 AM Edited 2017-10-17 10:28 AM
Questionable decision: Drilling a hole in my living room floor and another one in my basement wall last night. It’s actually not that questionable. The hole in the floor is in the corner behind the TV and is for the purpose of threading a cable down to the basement. The cable then snakes through the unfinished part of the basement and will hook up to a 2nd TV in the finished part (already got the TV from CraigsList; just waiting on the splitter for the cable to arrive in the mail this week). This is another step in transforming that space from a “little kid playspace” to a teen hangout. Prior steps have included getting rid of a lot of toys and other clutter, and buying a yard sale couch. And then Christmas will likely result in the addition of an X Box.

4 miles this morning

Steak tonight. My carnivorous son was feeling shortchanged on the food at home, since he has a vegetarian older sister and a formerly vegetarian younger sister. So we bought some ribeye steaks, and he’s going to season them after school and then grill them tonight.

Bonus: Make decisions and plow ahead (sometimes at risk of being pig-headed).
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-10-17 11:33 AM
My entire year of running has been a questionable decision! Let's see... started off the year getting over a gimpy knee, decided to sign-up a 100 mile race regardless, ran a 12 hour run in February, pushed through some more training and long runs and then of course attempted the race. Honestly, looking back I am surprised I made it that far. The mind is a terrible thing.

Non-workout: Plan is for 3-5 miles after work on the trails with the Lady. I think we will go over to the lake. A few miles is better than none.

Good food: Black bean pizza last week was good. Tonight I am making something called garden vegetable lasagna. Not sure how that will turn out. It should be healthy at least.

Bonus: Not really a second guesser, though I do have a bad habit of looking back if that counts as second guessing?
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-10-17 1:03 PM
I don't think looking back counts as second geussing
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-10-17 11:38 AM
If I had called my wife from the surgical coordinator's desk back on Aug 30 I wouldn't have "lost" the opportunity for an earlier date and would be 3.5 weeks into a new hip now.
Not lately but in January of 1976 I was taking an accounting 101 class in the evening thru Hudson County CC (@ $15/credit) on Monday nights.  I was also playing in work & city rec. basketball leagues and on 1/26/76 I had a game in each league, one after the other, so I decided to cut class to play 2 games of basketball.  Never got to the 2nd game because I ruptured my ACL in the first game.  Maybe I shouldn't have cut class?

Today's workout was doing shoulder & core exercises followed by swimming 1600 meters.

On Sunday night our DS made chicken chili that was very good.

Bonus:  I try to be sure I make informed decisions and then go with them!
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2017-10-17 1:33 PM
If you ask the players, coaches and especially he parents at any of the soccer games where I am the referee, they would tell you all about my questionable decisions. :laugh: I miss things at every game, but try to make sure that those things don't influence the outcome either way.

Fall finally arrived!! It was cooler at 1 PM when I went out for my run than any morning in the last 2 weeks. There was also a pretty good breeze that made it feel even cooler. I intended to take advantage of he nice weather and go all the way to the end of the riverfront but on my way over ther I bumped into a runner I know and we got to chatting and I used up some the so kept the run under an hour and about 5.5 miles. It is supposed to be in the mid-40's tomorrow morning so will need to dig out a long sleeve shirt.

We're still eating the leftovers from the party we hosted 3 weeks ago and it tastes as good now as it did then. There is still a bunch left in the freezer too.

Bonus: I usually don't second guess. Things have a way of working themselves out.
Parent - - By BigTex [us] Date 2017-10-17 3:00 PM
I made what might turn out to be a questionable decision.  We are going to Northern Indiana again this Thanksgiving, as we have many times before.  I am tired of just flying into Chicago on Tuesday and driving over, as we have many times before.  So I promoted an alternative vision where we make the trip into something like a vacation.  I looked at driving both ways (too damn far) and driving one way (still too damn far).  Then I looked at taking the train one way (not much upside over flying).  Then I looked at flying into Cleveland or Cincinnati and driving (too damn expensive and inconvenient).  I finally settled on flying into Nashville on Sunday morning, then taking 2+ days to drive up through Lexington and Cincinnati.  LittleTex has the whole week off from school and MrsTex is on extended vacation, so it's really just one extra day of vacation for me and the extra $$.  I think it will be good, but it might be questionable if the weather is bad and/or Kentucky is boring.

Today was a gym day.  Should be another cool morning tomorrow for running!

Bonus:  I sometimes just plow ahead without making a decision, which is rarely the best course.
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-10-17 5:44 PM
Have you and the family been to Nashville to vacation before? I met Cathy there for the 50 miler 2 years ago (has it been that long already?), and just loved the city, even though I didn't even get to see much. So much to do! Little Tex might like the country music museum.
Parent - By BigTex [us] Date 2017-10-18 5:25 AM
I spent one night in Nashville 30 years ago.  Saw the Opry and the bar scene.

>>Little Tex might like the country music museum.   :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

BigTex, maybe. LittleTex, not so much
Parent - By AgelessDave Date 2017-10-18 9:41 PM
My wife and I just went to Nashville for a few days last week and had a great vacation....the music scene was awesome!!.....
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-10-17 3:20 PM
I'm starting to think my decision to register for NYCM is very questionable.:roll: I'm not feeling prepared, even though Saturday's long run went pretty well.

6 pleasant miles this morning. It seems like fall finally arrived last night, yay! It was 39° this morning!:grin: I wore gloves, felt great compared to Saturday's warm humidity. I feel recovered from the long run, getting ready for a half this Saturday. No time for lunch today, ate a lot of snacks stuff while driving from dog to dog. Had 11 dogs to walk today, omg I'm so tired! So I think Philip, Isabella, and I will go out to eat tonight. There's a new restaurant nearby, the Wooden Spoon (cute name:hug:), southern-ish food (jambalaya, rice and beans, po boys...) and nice drinks.

Bonus: I'm a mix. I grew up with a very dominating father and a mom who modeled hesitation, so I do second guess myself way too much. I also mae too many decisions impulsively, and then rethink things later. But I try to be aware of it and catch myself.
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Questionable decisions Tuesdaily