Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Spooky Friday the 13th dailies...
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-10-13 5:02 AM
5.2 miles in the dark for me. SPOOKY!!
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2017-10-13 7:47 AM
opposite buddies!
2.5 miles for me w/ the cur. cut it short because I wanted to get back and shower since I was ubering to work. boys are picking me up after school and we're going to the state fair for the evening.  #corndogsayswhat!
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-10-13 7:59 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By runnergirl4 (BJ Queen) Date 2017-10-13 10:44 AM
State fair!:cool:  have so much fun.....how's the remodel coming along?
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2017-10-13 12:40 PM
drywallers have been there for the last couple of days, waiting for the gc to get the plumber started. and I'm hoping that we can pick up our flooring this weekend.
feels like it's taking forever :cry:
Parent - - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2017-10-13 8:01 AM
5.00 miles
Morning run in the dark. Going to a wedding tonight.
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2017-10-13 10:30 AM
congrats....is she local or a mail order? :hug:
Parent - By runnergirl4 (BJ Queen) Date 2017-10-13 10:44 AM
You go to A LOT of weddings!
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2017-10-13 10:32 AM
3 miles with Molly....first run in a while. 

Picked up 9 beer cans along the road too for the bottle drive peeps.
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-10-13 10:42 AM
Cans aren't bottles.
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2017-10-13 11:57 AM
They takes bottles and pop/soda/beer cans but call it a bottle drive.

Not unlike you Americans calling your game football and laughing at the rest of the world calling soccer, football, when it involves way more of the foot compared to US football......and then whoever wins your baseball, football basketball etc is a world champion  :grin:
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-10-13 12:18 PM
U S A ! U S A ! U S A !
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2017-10-13 6:50 PM
Ironic they won't be at the World Cup next year.  Don't ya think?

I just made up a game of Frisbee golf with my dogs and I won it.  World Champion at dog Frisbee golf!!!!  :hug:
Parent - - By runnergirl4 (BJ Queen) Date 2017-10-13 10:45 AM
How'd you carry 9 beer cans while running???
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2017-10-13 12:06 PM
Great question and thank you for replying to my post on the Runango Running Forum!

Normally I run with actual people and multiple dogs but occasionally I run down the road with one of my dogs.  The road is called a highway but if isn't very well travelled.  I live in a bit of a paradise and for whatever reason people feel it is okay to toss their garbage out of their vehicles.  Every so often if I will be doing a slower run I do an out and back ....and on the back I pick up all the trash.  Today I took a regular plastic bag and picked up the cans.  As I only did 3 miles the run back isn't too annoying as the bag starts to get filled......but if I was doing a serious run I wouldn't pick up the cans. 

On longer runs with more motivation I pick up a lot of the garbage too....usually food wrappers, cigarette packages, the cans and random other stuff.  Unbelievable how heavy diapers are when they are in the rain!  It used to really annoy me seeing the garbage but now I just pick it up and I'm happier the road is clean.  People will be people and there isn't much you can do about them on a large scale. 

As a footnote I give the cans to a specific guy...the father of the guy I usually run with.... and he cleans them and returns them for money .....and then gives the money to the local school.

Have a nice day!
Parent - - By runnergirl4 (BJ Queen) Date 2017-10-13 10:43 AM
Not sure if I'll get a run or not today. I'm sitting at home waiting for the Comcast guy...who knows when he'll show. Tonight we've got loose plans to meet friends at a local distillery that makes the best bourbon then we'll do dinner somewhere and try to find some live music too.

We're headed to Portland for the weekend and are going to see a documentary (and a little Q&A with him) done on a guy who ran the Barkley Marathon the last two years. Should be totes fun!
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-10-13 6:00 PM
The Barkley thing should be awesome! Please report on that!
Parent - - By george [us] Date 2017-10-13 11:39 AM
10.3 miles searching for a trail that has a segment on Strava. I always get lost halfway through it but today I finally conquered the damn thing! I ran it moderately hard and got the CR so now I can finally sleep at night.
Parent - By IB [us] Date 2017-10-13 1:54 PM
:cool:
Parent - - By IB [us] Date 2017-10-13 1:53 PM
Too much smoke, I'm in extreme taper mode right now. Two days off in a row and third day off this week.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-10-13 3:57 PM
Get your spelling right, dammit!   :laugh:

Sorry about all the fires and smoke. It's just awful to read about. :sad:
Parent - By IB [us] Date 2017-10-13 7:07 PM
It really is awful and I feel sort of bad complaining about the air quality. So many people have lost so much.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-10-13 3:56 PM
3 miles of trail jogging with the Lady on the local Sprogel's run trail just a mile up the hill from the house. There was a big shindig about to start in park on one of the trails. Some sort of nightwalk and they had the trail marked with white bags and tea lamps. I hope no one gets lost. : pbbt:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-10-13 5:59 PM
Very cool. And it's nice to see you getting out now without overdoing.:happy:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-10-13 5:56 PM
5 quick miles along the river in cool cloudy conditions but with no mist or anything else spooky like the past couple days. It just was a really nice run today. :happy:
- - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2017-10-13 10:51 AM
I was going to do a workout but Benjamin is sick so I had to bring him home instead. I ate some GG cookies does that count? :wtf:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-10-13 5:57 PM
:sad: But yes that counts! :grin:
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2017-10-13 6:09 PM
What are GG cookies?
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2017-10-13 8:45 PM
Like Girl Scout cookies except Canadian...just as awesome. :slobber:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-10-13 8:47 PM
Holy Crap... did you just watch Clemson lose. :shocker!: :cool:

Big game, coming up soon... for both of us. :cool:
Parent - By IB [us] Date 2017-10-13 8:47 PM
I'm just going to guess, Girl Guides.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Spooky Friday the 13th dailies...