Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday - 10/12
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-10-12 7:18 AM
Nothing much to say this morning.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-10-12 7:28 AM
I ran 4 this morning. Cooler at 62° but still foggy and humid.

Last day for the visiting kids so I took off work in case they want to do something.  I may end up being the dog sitter as I have for much of the week.  It gives Cindy time to spend with our daughter so it is fine with me.

Dawn - I don't know how you put up with such a needy dog breed. Give me a self-sufficient golden retriever any day like my old Sadie. Basically, unless we are only going to be gone for an hour or less, someone has to stay and watch the dog.  And only about once a day is it ok to do even that.  It's alright for a week but I couldn't live like that. It would be like living under house arrest with an ankle monitor to keep you from leaving.  And this is from a guy who likes staying home 95% of the time.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-12 7:51 AM
I am comfortable with leaving Misha for 2 hours but she is locked up in the old coal room; concrete block walls, tiny window at ceiling height and a sheet metal reinforced wooden door.  Pretty much a jail cell without the toilet.  I am hopeful for 3 hour absences as she get closer to 3 years old.  Her first year with us she could only be alone 15-30 minutes.  House arrest with the ankle bracelet is a pretty accurate description.   I would be pacing at the door waiting for Lee to get home from work so I could get off the property.

The upside; I only put 2000 miles on my car because I never went anywhere.  The real upside; I love this dog even more than Sasha.  Probably even more than Maxine and she was a once in a lifetime kind of dog.  I measure the years I have left in how many dogs I might own.   I guess its similar to ultra running....you can't really describe it and most of your friends will never understand it.   Like you said though, hard to beat a laid-back Golden Retriever.  Maybe that will be my next.:grin:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-12 7:55 AM
I really enjoyed my 5 miler yesterday.  Cool temps, a little damp.  Good October running.  I had some aches and pains but they were the "you did something" kind of discomfort.

Today is arms and abs and that works out well because it's a downpour out there.  I've converted my sunroom into a workout room.  It's really nice not to have to pick up my yoga mat and weights and stash them each day.  I'll have to evacuate for Christmas since that is where we put the tree but for now its great.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-10-12 9:46 AM
Cooler weather has arrived and cc practice was nice for running.  Several of the kids ran more than required and I think the cooler air was the reason.  We have our last meet next Tuesday then we're finished for the season.

I ran my routine 8 miles this morning.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday - 10/12