Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Darker Thursday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-10-12 5:32 AM
How quickly darkness encroaches in the fall.
Post.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-12 5:38 AM
Wednesday it had rained a lot but stopped in time for me to get in 50 good running minutes. I’m trying hills a little more. Going down lightly with the left foot first with it taking the brunt of my weight has helped the right knee. The knee thanks me and I am continuing the exercise squeezing the fitness ball.
Today a run out the trail and then DC and I are going on a hike if the rain has completely cleared out. Yoga on the schedule as well for later. I’ve changed where I park for the run several days this week since it is closer to my library. A book I wanted to see has come in for me.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-10-12 7:05 AM
The days are getting shorter, but not cooler.  I know I complain a lot, but something has to give.  It's currently 66* and 100% humidity and is supposed to be 88* this afternoon. :cry:  Also, I slept terribly last night.  I slept ok from about 11:30-2, then didn't sleep much after that. :meh:  All things considered, I had a decent 5.8 mile run this morning.  They're still working on running new water lines on my road so there's all kinds of earth-moving equipment and workers along my route.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-12 8:24 AM
I think you live in a place where the climate just isn't conducive to what works for you :hug: it seems that you hate the weather for at least half the year.  That's pretty rough.  I'm sorry about the poor sleep too.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-12 8:25 AM
just in from a nice 4.5.  It's cooler here - 55 when I went out.  Humid because it rained all night, but still pleasant.  I felt - dare I say it - GOOD on my run!  It's been awhile since I could say that.

getting some work done, and then I have to go to the dentist to get a crown put on a tooth that was drilled a few weeks ago.  Then more work!
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2017-10-12 9:13 AM
I wonder if the good feeling on your run was because of the cooler weather?  The good ones are always so motivating to keep getting out there.  :happy:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-12 12:01 PM
oh yeah, definitely because of the weather.  Makes such a huge difference.
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2017-10-12 9:12 AM
Still figuring out my 30-day challenge: I thought it would be 10,000 steps a day but now as I realise how hard it will be to fit 10,000 steps into every day, I'm rethinking: maybe I should aim to be active every day, for at least 30 minutes, and aim for 10,000 steps on a certain number of days per week.  Not sure.  Maybe I'm committing to a 30-day challenge of spending 30 days thinking about what my 30 days should look like.  :laugh:  Classic overthinker.

Anyway, at least I'm getting out there and moving.  Yesterday I got to 7,626 steps, 5.9 km, which isn't bad, considering that I worked at home, sitting on my couch, and went to the symphony with 2.0 in the evening and so the only real activity I had was a half-hour run plus a bit of walking around the house.

Hit the gym this morning for strength training and stair intervals.  I'm already at 4,535 steps for the day and it's just gone 9:00 am!  Once I walk around my building a bit going to meetings and then walk home from work (drove here this morning for the sake of time), I'll no doubt hit 10,000.

ETA: Oh, and, my run yesterday: it actually felt good!  My last few runs have felt as if my lungs have suddenly become two sizes too small, so I was happy to get out and actually feel kinda strong, and like I could breathe properly.  :happy:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-12 12:02 PM
it's definitely easier to get in 10000 steps if some of them are running steps.  They're faster :laugh: Walking 5 miles a day is a lot of time.
- - By BRunR [ca] Date 2017-10-12 10:55 AM
I wonder if anyone lives where they're always happy with the weather? I like it hot and humid and seem to run pretty well in thise conditions compared to a lot of others. The cold always brings on more stiffness and injuries for me. Not a fan of our zCanadian winter. Thanks to everyone here I did get out for 5 miles last night and was happy I did, 7 more this morning followed by 45 min of weights/core.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-12 2:35 PM
Good workouts! I'm in NE OH. The season changes are nice although it is cloudy here a great deal. In VA the sun was out a lot more and I do miss that.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Darker Thursday dailies