Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Clearing Wednesday Dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-10-11 6:19 AM
Ahhh! Post. :grin:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-10-11 6:27 AM
Tuesday I did a humid 45 minutes out the trail, dashed around on some errands, then went for 9 holes of golf with DC. It was a tiring day, but the golf has been better since I am working on loosening up the hips with the stretches and yoga. 
Today a run out the trail and then errands. Rain is clearing until later today. Yoga on the schedule as well.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-11 10:04 AM
Glad the hip stretches are helping the golf swing. Carry your clubs or ride in a cart?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-11 12:17 PM
Ride in a cart driven by a madman. Also, I can hide behind the cart when he swings. :laugh:
Parent - - By BRunR [ca] Date 2017-10-11 10:52 AM
Is there a specific set of yoga poses your using for the hios and posture?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-11 1:31 PM
After a run I always stretch the leg muscles but I also do some leg things in yoga that twist the hips more. Warrior poses, and sitting poses that require a twist of some kind. I'm sure that Moonglow, Reebs and others could be more helpful. They are quite knowledgeable about yoga. :happy:
Parent - - By moonglow9 Date 2017-10-11 2:32 PM
For hip openers, try pigeon pose (any variation), bandhakonasana (seated bound angle pose), Prasarita Padottanasana (wide leg forward bend), Marichyasana III (Marichi's pose), Agnistambhasana (fire log pose), Gomukhasana (cow face pose), Garudasana (eagle pose), cobbler's pose, thread-the-needle pose, garland pose, lizard pose, and lotus pose.

ETA: most of these are google-able for instructions. Look for a reliable source such as Yoga Journal. Or if you want to ask here, I'm happy to help.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-11 4:37 PM
Thanks, Moonglow9! :hug:
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2017-10-11 9:38 AM
Walked 12,623 steps yesterday, 9.9 km.  That consisted of walking to and from work, some walking around at work, and then stair intervals at the gym after work.  Today I  woke up with a cold - I've been feeling for at least a couple of weeks like I'm coming down with something, so no surprise - so I may have to skip my 10,000-step goal for today as I'm going to work at home and without the walk to/from work it's pretty hard to hit the 10,000-step mark.  Bit bummed that Day 2 of my challenge is already a failure, but maybe I need to revise the challenge and aim for five days out of seven per week or something like that.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-11 9:52 AM
Sounds like a plan saying so many days a week. Nice walk yesterday!

Does the fitness device (are you using Fitbit or something else?) register stair intervals, or do you have to put those in manually?
Parent - By skigirl Date 2017-10-11 10:13 AM
I just use my iPhone - I discovered this summer it has a health-tracker app on it that counts my steps without me even telling it to (as long as it's close to my body - doing things like putting it in my backpack during hiking trips means I don't get any data).  I bought an arm-band thingie for it so that it could count everything I did in the gym yesterday, with the added bonus that I could listen to a podcast while I was working out.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-11 10:35 AM
I like the idea of aiming for a certain number of days per week.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-11 10:08 AM
SDO for me because I'm in class ALLLLL DAYYYYY
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-10-11 10:47 AM
I think you missed the memo on what "day off" is supposed to mean. :wink:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-11 12:07 PM
How about PNWD -- Planned No Workout Day?

Sympathy on being in class all day.
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2017-10-11 2:33 PM
I remember a grad school semester with 1 day of all-day-in-class and the rest of the days free (well, free to write and rewrite chapters and try to get through to my adviser and committee for feedback...) As hard as the writing was, I hated the marathon of classroom time more. Sympathies to you.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-11 10:39 AM
SDO today. My muscles have been badly tight and locked up for a couple of weeks, and it's been affecting my gait, my spine, and my ability to work out. So I have been seeing a chiropractor and yesterday got a massage. I am sore from the massage, but in an "omg, this is much better and it feels like it is healing" way.

We are having nice fall weather out here: gorgeously clear, a little breezy, nice in the sunshine but just a little chilly in the shade. Perfect for trail running, if one were able to go trail running.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-11 12:07 PM
It sounds like it would be nice for trail running.

The trails will be there when you are ready to hit them!
- - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-10-11 6:53 AM
Clearing out something up my hooha that really should have been removed a few days ago...hoping I don't get some nasty infection now...so far cleaned up as best as possible. I am really getting absent minded in my old age..... (sorry TMI)

Heading to yoga soon to "clear" the head space and get good energy vibes for rest of day.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-11 9:54 AM
Hoohas are pretty tough organs, yours will probably be OK.

Hope the yoga does what you want/need it to do.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-11 10:36 AM
What Arimathea said. It does the self-cleaning thing reasonably well, given a chance. (Urinary tracts, not so much...)
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-11 12:08 PM
Yeah...the difference between a cul de sac and an access road for bacteria.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-11 10:08 AM
oh, I hope you are okay!  Hope yoga was enjoyable.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-11 9:51 AM
Skies are clearing since they have the upper hand on the Canyon 2 fire in Anaheim area.

2 miles this morning, I had a very long commute since I start a class tonight and had to position my car. I think I'll try a different approach next week and leave my car closer to work which means a bus ride after class but much less of a drive in the morning and evening.
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2017-10-11 10:14 AM
What time did you have to get up this morning to fit in the run and the commute?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-11 12:09 PM
Same time as usual.

3:30. Though I snoozed a little so got up about 3:45 and was out there about 4 AM -- after swearing and wiping up the hairball that one of the cats thoughtfully deposited on the hall floor. :mutmad:
- - By BRunR [ca] Date 2017-10-11 10:50 AM
Was going to take a RD just because I feel lazy but now after reading what you're all up to think I'll have to go for a short run later. I appreciate the motivation but at the same time kind of hate you all for it. ( not really, just my lazy self talking).
We've clouded over but the humidity has cleared. Though don't enjoy these 20 degree drops in Temperature. s
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-11 12:10 PM
Quit bragging about the 20 degree drops in temperature!

Forums do provide wonderful motivators for avoiding the arse anchors (mattress, couch, easy chair, etc).
Up Topic Communities / Women / Clearing Wednesday Dailies