Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Well that didn't work Wednesday RTTs
- - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-11 5:57 AM
:roll:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-11 6:03 AM
Babysitter didn't show :mutmad:  I had been communicating with the mom and she didn't give me the daughter's info but I didn't ask (thought maybe she wanted to wait for the first meeting). Was to be 5:30-7:30. At 5:30 I'm like hmm not good, 5:40 ok this is not cool, 5:45 well guess we're not going anywhere.  I didn't reach out because I felt like I shouldn't have to chase someone down. Finally at 6 I sent the mom a message like wtf. She replied just before 7 saying it was all her fault, they were out running errands and she had totally forgotten to tell the daughter she had signed her up to babysit. We agreed to this on Sunday - so 2 days later and you never told her?? 

Now I don't know what to do. I can try again with her and hope she shows when I need her or I can see if the daycare person is available. Just not sure she will be or would want to babysit from 5-10 when she already works 8-6. I might ask though. 

Some days I feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders and navigating all of this baby stuff is one. 

Oh and M told me the reason he got pissed while changing a diaper last week was because I didn't hold B down like "he usually does". B flips and squirms and it is tough to change him and I asked for help since my hands hurt so bad. But apparently because I tried distraction and not pinning him down that annoyed M and set him off when he couldn't get the diaper on.  W T F dude. It is not my fault so don't even try to throw any blame my way. And if me not doing that sets you off that bad get the f out bc I'm tired of it.

And he's supposed to be on kid duty next week when I have a presentation after work after I finally agreed he could do it. And of course after the diaper incident I dont want him near B alone.

About to go to my biometric screening (aka weigh-in and blood sugar testing) and flu shot at work. I am pretty sure I weigh about the same as when I was 6-7 months pregnant. This is ridiculous.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-11 6:16 AM
Your babysitter sounds like a lot of my clients. :meh:

M. :mutmad::roll:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-11 6:21 AM
:mutmad: on the babysitter incident.  I would probably not feel like I could rely on her after that.  :sad:  If Marie wasn't working, I'd see if she was available.  She absolutely loves kids.  And she has CPR and all that good stuff too as an added bonus.  :grin:

:mutmad: on M for trying to blame his reaction/response on you.  He is responsible for his reactions.  Period.  You cannot be spending all your energy trying to not set him off.  You are already taking care of everything.  He has to take care of himself and his responses.  At the very least.  :roll::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-11 6:29 AM
TBH, i wouldn't leave my kids with someone I haven't spoken with, so I'd definitely get in touch with the daughter before Sunday. She might not even want to babysit. Or you might not like her enough to even leave and that would be awkward.

The day care worker - make sure she is allowed to come sit for you. Some daycares have a policy about that because it wears their caregivers down.

The weight of the world.....he is your world:hug: so I think all moms do. I'd say dads, too but from personal experience it just isn't the same thing. :roll: Plus with M's issues:sad::hug::hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-11 6:46 AM
I had meant to meet them prior, but I know someone who lives across the street from them and knows them so I felt ok with it. He was like I wouldn't recommend my daughter to babysit but I would recommend E across the street (I'd already been in contact with E's mom although he didn't know that).
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-11 6:15 AM
*My "well that didn't work" would be the latest re-start to healthy eating.  I had strung together a few days and was feeling pretty good about it all until yesterday.  :roll:  Being tired just makes me crave sugar so bad.  :meh:

*It's been a pissy week.  Cat pee at house 1 on Monday.  Dog pee at the house yesterday  :roll:  Used my extra socks from my purse and the emergency pair from the van because we all know the only way to find animal pee is to step in it.  :cry:  And we aren't even to Thursday yet, they have a puppy that literally pees pretty much every time I come in the door.  Every week, I come in, he gets excited, jumps all over me and pees all over the floor.  :cry:

*I have zero motivation this morning.  And the liquid motivator is nearly empty.  How I drank an entire pot of coffee in an hour is beyond me. 

*Joseph has PSATs today.  He's so excited.  I have the weirdest kid.  He loves standardized tests.  He considers them challenges to be beaten.  He tests extremely well.  According to him, as a junior, there are some scholarships on the line.  We will see.  I doubt he will score that well.  At least not in English.  But I love that he loves to test.  Those are his favorite days at school.  :laugh:

*The forecast for my marathon isn't look fabulous.  It's going to be warmer than I'd like it to be and possibly humid.  :cry:  I have so many reasons why my time will suck, all I have to do is choose one!  :laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-11 6:17 AM
Cat pee and dog pee. :cry:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-11 6:32 AM
Pissy week :laugh::laugh::mutmad::mutmad:

Love that Joseph takes it as a challenge. I have a feeling Rip is similar but with more anxiety about it. She hasn't gotten her scores from her first test yet. I'm sure I'll get them next week and she is already hoping to be one of the highest in the class.

Why choose one reason when you can choose 3 and then be "well 1,2,3, so I think I did pretty well!" :grin:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-11 6:48 AM
Ewww on the pee. I laughed at the 2 pairs of emergency socks although that sucks having to use it.

Pissy week....I see what you did there :laugh:: pbbt:

Too funny that Joseph loves testing and sees it as a challenge. I guess that is better than being scared and bombing it
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-11 6:25 AM
--Actually, things are working pretty well right now. But, it’s Wednesday and the day has yet to really start so that could change in an instant.

--Came to the office a little earlier than usual because I figured I’d have to turn the heat on. I did. Noticed that the window I had replaced has a little condensation in it. That’s not good.

--This colder weather has Sarge wound up. Geez, I thought he moved fast before. :laugh:

--My massage was pretty good yesterday. Same guy I went to last week. He did some good subscapularis and teres work. We got to talking about work and he forgot to work on my left leg. :laugh: Oh well, I wasn’t there for my legs. I’m sure I’ve done that before too and never realized.

--I need to go by the library and see if they have the book we’re reading for book group so I don’t have to buy it. It has been out for several years now. “Their Eyes Were Watching God”.

--Five massages today. We’ll see how this goes.

--Took the weed eater back to Home Depot. They were going to just exchange out the battery but they didn’t have any in stock so she just gave me an entire new weed eater. Lady was so nice and the process was so easy. They get 5 stars from me. :cool:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-11 6:32 AM
Sarge is ready to set a new PR!  :laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-11 6:47 AM
Yea, but mama isn’t. :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-11 6:34 AM
I :hug: Home Depot!

I hope the five aren't too much for your arm:hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-11 6:52 AM
I assume the window has a warranty right?

How do you guys pick books for book group?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-11 7:06 AM
Not sure on the window. :meh: I just need to sell my office building and let it be someone else’s worry. : pbbt:

No set way we decide on books. At our last meeting Stephanie was here from Tampa escaping the hurricane. We asked her for a recommendation. This is the book title she gave us.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-11 6:47 AM
Tj got the game ball last night:cool::grin::happy: OMG He was so so happy about it! He nearly fell off the bleachers:laugh: The coach spoke with me before the game that he had planned on giving Tj the game ball on Saturday but I had to leave early for Rip's game so he waited. He said he couldn't even look at Tj because he could tell he wanted it so badly.:laugh: I just hugged the coach for that. I was so glad he didn't get it last Saturday:laugh:because I wanted to be there. Even better, his dad and his other grandparents were at the game last night so it was even better. He slept with the ball last night:laugh:

And he had a hit to outfield last night! It was a great hit!

Either allergies or headache coming in for two days. I'd have sworn I wouldn't be able to move my head this morning but it is still just tight.

Doc appt for MRI results today:cool: Finally!

Apparently last week's soccer game for Ripley it was rough. Not the score, just that the girls weren't running to get the ball or to beat the other team. So I was driving Rip to practice monday and she tells me how much she loves Coach Megan more than me coaching her. Ok. I couldn't care less. So I just said cool. Well, Megan was still in a mood from Saturday's game so guess what......she tore them up and wore them out. They weren't going to the ball aggressively enough she said "Ok, y'all don't want the ball? I'll take the ball and we will go run more team laps. Line up!" and off they went. They ran 2 extra laps and the rest of the time she had them footstepping so fast that girls were falling out:laugh: At one point Rip looked at me like "Save me!":laugh::laugh: All the parents and I were just laughing at them because we thought it was about time they start to get pushed.:mischief:  Megan came over halfway through and was like I hope y'all aren't mad but they need to be pushed and all of us just applauded her:laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-11 6:49 AM
Fingers crossed that the MRI results aren’t as nasty as they could be.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-11 6:50 AM
I got very excited for TJ when I saw the pic on fb!  That's sweet of the coach to wait until you would be there too.

Sounds like Rip has a good coach and I think it is nice she said something to you guys just in case there was a pissy parent saying why are they running so much
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-11 7:15 AM
Rip had to soak in the tub after practice monday:laugh::mischief: She hates baths but actually asked to go soak:laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-11 7:31 AM
Yay for the game ball.  :grin::hug:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-11 7:29 AM
And another thing that didn't work out.  Went to the lake house which was, per schedule and text, rented last weekend, and no one had been there.  So, not only am I changing them for being on call (for an empty house apparently) last weekend, I'm charging them for today.  :roll:  Guess we are back to the regular behavior of me not hearing from them at all now that the busy summer rental season is over.  :roll:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-11 8:52 AM
:roll::roll: good for you charging them for on call and cleaning, not your fault they suck at communicating!
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Well that didn't work Wednesday RTTs