Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Massive Mondays (nrr)
- - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-09 9:45 AM
What is massive in your life this week?
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-09 9:47 AM
MCF has the pukes.  He was up all night. Last night he was slurring his speech and today he is still disoriented. He hasn't eaten or drunk anything since 1pm yesterday.  So I'm working from home and terrified at any twinge in my tummy. : pbbt:

He's totally got "man sickness" too.  Last night he could barely raise his voice above a whisper and did the whole "I called you and you didn't come you must not love me" thing. :roll:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-09 9:49 AM
slurring his speech and disoriented from being sick? I've never heard of that.  Hope you don't catch it
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-09 12:56 PM
Slurring his speech, disoriented, vomiting, and hasn't eaten or drunk anything for nearly 24 hours? I think a trip to urgent care might be in order.

Although I hear you on the man sickness.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-09 1:18 PM
He's working on tea now. If he doesn't get it, or keep it, down, then yes, we will go to urgent care.  He is VERY afraid of needles, so saline IV will be an option of last resort. Hopefully he'll keep the tea down.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-09 1:22 PM
Fingers crossed. But yeah, those are symptoms that warrant medical attention.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-10-10 3:51 PM
How is YCF doing today?
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-10 3:58 PM
Keeping fluids down. And he asked me for toast and a banana before I left for work, though I don't know if he ever ate them.  Thanks for asking.

Although he's still knee deep in man-sickness. Last night he wanted to tell me the history of Blade Runner as a cinematographic phenomena in a high level of detail. :roll:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-10 9:32 PM
Oh gosh. DS likes to tell me the plots of movies. In real time. :roll:

Toast and a banana, sounds better, especially if he is keeping fluids down as well.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-09 12:58 PM
Starting a new class on Wednesday in a location I haven't been to in years, so need to work out a new routine for Wednesdays. Like remembering to drive to where the class is and park there so I can use transit to get to work and then to class.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-09 1:24 PM
6 p.m.- 9 p.m. class again?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-09 3:41 PM
5:30-8 PM.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-09 1:37 PM
phone reminder or post-it note taped to my steering wheel usually help :laugh:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-09 1:32 PM
I remain massively in love. I apologize for the sickly-sweetness; kinda can't help it. Sorry/not sorry. :happy::hug::laugh:

Also massive was the freaking trebuchet our team used to fling pumpkins at the Punkin' Chunkin' contest this weekend. That was so much fun. The team broke their distance record this year, hurling a pumpkin 645 yds. They increased the amount of counterweight  for the trebuchet hoping to break 700 yds, but the pumpkin they used disintegrated from the velocity of the throw, which by itself was awesome, because that doesn't happen until you hit ridiculous velocity. We had to switch to a tougher variety of pumpkin to get it to withstand the next and final launch. (Fun fact: the "big league" pumpkin chuckers use a breed of pumpkin that is almost solid all the way through, and has a tougher outer shell than standard Halloween pumpkins. The big teams were so impressed that they gave us some of their pumpkins to try.)

And T-bone, well pleased with the success of this year's trebuchet, is already planning a newer, larger model. Because, duh, engineers. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-10 8:37 AM
No worries about the sweetness. It's nice to be reminded that some relationships work out.

Wow on the pumpkins. Do you have enough of a garden to grow some for next year? Of the solid tough-skinned variety?

At what velocity do they disintegrate? That sounds like something DS would love to work on.
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2017-10-10 8:48 AM
Agree with Tessa, it is good to hear about positive, supportive relationships that are just right for each other. :hug:
Wow on the trebuchet! :laugh: on the plans for next years' model!
Parent - - By NotSoFast [us] Date 2017-10-10 11:37 AM
I think we just found our STEM fair project. That will show the teachers not to assign stupid STEM fair every year.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-10 3:37 PM
You are NOT going to aim the trebuchet directly at the teacher who assigned the science fair!
Parent - - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-10-10 3:54 PM
Silly person, we're putting the teacher *in* the trebuchet!  :laugh:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-10-10 4:08 PM
Or better yet, put classmates in the trebuchet and give the teacher a heart attack. : pbbt:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-11 9:46 AM
Anyone G is on bad terms with? Strap him in.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-10-11 9:55 AM
I dunno, kids might volunteer.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-11 9:59 AM
To be strapped in or to strap others in? :mischief:

Actually strapping would kind of defeat the purpose. Talk about a literal "failure to launch".
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-10-10 8:34 PM
:laugh:

If that fails, the cheese-poof gun is always a hit :wink:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXcKEu72RCk
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-10-11 6:11 AM
love it!
Up Topic Communities / Women / Massive Mondays (nrr)