Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Motivated Monday
- - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-10-09 7:18 AM
I'm not motivated, at least not to work.
Ran 9.09 miles this morning in a warm and heavy rain. 3 miles easy, 2x2 miles at HMP of 7:15 with 1 mile jog, splits: 7:16 & 7:14, 1 mile cool down
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-09 9:32 AM
The Hennepin 100 teammates who are running it back to the start line are at mile 132 of 200.  I watched a video - both are still smiling despite all those miles and 80 degree heat yesterday.  I'm not sure what there ETA is.  I hope it is before I go to bed, I'd like to watch them come in.

On my way to Misha's 2nd walk of the day; saving my run for supper time.  I usually run in the morning - I wonder what my afternoon motivation will be.:grin:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-10-09 9:57 AM
Tied up with work and visiting family. Squeezed in 3 on the gym treadmill this morning. Carry on.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-10-09 11:07 AM
I finally got motivated to run in the mountains.  And they have gotten much steeper since the last time I ran here.  I love today's forecast here:  Today will be Disney ride weather.  Warm and humid, with a breeze in your face, and a good chance you will get wet.

Had an amazing experience on Saturday.  First a train show at the fair grounds, then over to the airport and a plan to ride a 1928 Ford trimotor airplane...the first transcontinental airplane in America.  But as we get ready to take off, the #3 engine would not start.  Back to hanger.  Josiah's Young Eagle flight instructor saved the day by taking us up in his private plane.  We went Cloud Dancing.  That is flying into clouds and bouncing around.   You only do those with certain types of clouds and oh yes, mountains are 3 or 4 thousand feet high in this area so pick high enough clouds.   But Josiah has progressed enough now that he landed the plane with Anthony's coaching.   Landing a plane...not a bad 11th birthday present.  He will solo in a plane before he solo's in a car. 

Plan to leave tomorrow, but will likely not take an extra vacation on the way, as it is mostly rainy forecast.

Tom in WNC
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-10-09 2:43 PM
How exciting for Josiah.  I saw the pics of FB.  I really don't think I would like cloud bouncing though.: pbbt:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-10-09 2:45 PM
After being off for Fall Break for a week, I wasn't too motivated this morning myself to come into work.  But, once I got here and got settled in I was fine.

I ran 8 miles this morning.  Back to my normal weekday running route.  Last week I ran some trails and different roads.
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-10-09 7:12 PM
After 4 long nights of work I slept gir about 5 hours and took a long walk in the misty fog. For the most part the island is empty. Tomorrow I have a CT scan that was supposed to happen a few months ago but never got scheduled. My college has fall break this week so no classes tomorrow although I will catch up on some writing I have to do.

:grin:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-10-09 8:10 PM
A simple report...from an amazing simple little girl.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Motivated Monday