Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Maybe Monday is Better RTTs
- - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-09 6:09 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-09 6:37 AM
Monday......ugh:meh:

Weekend was good but wet. Rip lost her game. Tj lost his game. I only saw half of each.

I really need to see about watching keeper videos with Ripley for training.

Tj is just getting better and better at baseball:cool: But he still hasn't gotten the team ball yet. It would be awesome if he got the ball tomorrow when his dad and other grandparents are there. It will be Q's first baseball game.

I sat in the rain, tropical storm warning, watching my soccer team beat the undefeated team of the season:cool:

But my boot is still wet. :shocker!:

Wednesday is my doctor appointment to see about my MRI. I would love to know the severity and estimated healing time. I've already guessed minimum of 8 weeks.

God Bless Expense checks:cry:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-09 6:49 AM
Wet boot sounds bad. Hope it dries out and isn't a pain. MRI results are Wednesday?

Sounds like a fun time with sports this weekend even if the kids lost
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-09 6:49 AM
If it’s a tendon/ligament I would guess a lot more than 8 weeks. :meh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-09 7:12 AM
Lost my post:cry:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-09 7:14 AM
I don't think the PF qualifies at either tendon or ligament. Online it says 8-12 weeks. I'm 2 weeks in and can't put more than half weight on my heel without pain. And the pain is a weird, not-right pain. Not just pain-pain. know what I mean?:laugh:: pbbt:

I expect at 8 weeks I'll be able to walk without the boot, in good shoes and be able to put full weight on it. I hope to start running no later than 12 weeks. Which would be the 2nd week of December. I already have it charted out. :blush:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-09 7:36 AM
So you’re thinking this is just PF?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-09 9:04 AM
Yes. Having read the MRI report there is a tear I just don't know how substantial it is. And apparently some asymptomatic Achilles tendinosis.:roll:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-09 10:03 AM
I hope TJ has a great game with all the family there.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-09 10:56 AM
Me too. He is starting to hit pretty reliably. he only had 2 hits in his last game but three hits each in the 2 prior games. And some plays in the field. I just really hope he gets a game ball. He wants one so badly. It will break his heart.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-09 6:48 AM
I'm finally back in the office after almost 2 weeks not being here.

Did my hair and makeup today and my hair looks awful. It was so humid in the bathroom that my hair just didn't cooperate. Plus it needs cut, I had to cancel my haircut when B was home sick and then cancel the reschedule last week when I caught it. Ugh.

Having a very woe is me day, well really it started yesterday. Normally I'm ok but I know I get down seeing people having fun on FB or whatever because I'm jealous I don't get to do anything or even with B it just feels like a hassle sometimes to go anywhere or the fear of him having a meltdown in the car and M getting pissy. I know that last bit is on me, I choose to let it bother me and make me nervous but still.

Have a sitter coming tomorrow as a practice run for when I need her in a couple weeks. Would have preferred it closer to the date but this is all that worked out.

Things seem to work out sometimes. Like the fact that I didn't get sick until B was better, and my calendar last week was pretty clear but this week is busy and would have been a lot harder being home.

I finally went through 2 big bags of clothes a neighbor gave me. Of course there was a bag of socks in there that I found a week after already buying some :laugh: Guess that is what I get for letting the bags sit there for a month
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-09 6:49 AM
Sometimes you just gotta say the heck with the hair and go with the puffy humid hair look. :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-09 6:52 AM
oh yea that's what I'm rocking right now :laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-09 10:04 AM
I've been rocking that style a lot lately.  :cry:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-09 7:15 AM
Humidity is they they invented cute hats.....I just never bought any:blush:

Sitter practice run is a good idea.

Glad you went through the bags:laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-09 7:23 AM
I've never looked good in hats :cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-09 6:57 AM
--The mango margaritas were a huge hit at book group. Even the two gals who NEVER drink a drop had a full glass. :wink:

--Haircut and color tomorrow plus a 90 minute massage. :grin:

--Need to take the new Ryobi weed eater back to Home Depot tomorrow. Seems the battery is fried. It has a 5 year warranty so that’s good.

--I took 3 plastic bags of peppers---jalapenos, paprika and bells---to the Mexican restaurant nearby and then another 2 bags of bells to book group for the girls to share. We’re still going to have so many more. They should produce until the first freeze.

--I keep saying I’m going to let the garden go but I just can’t let stuff go to waste. :blush:

--Iowa finished with another soybean field yesterday. He’ll take those in to sell this morning and then hopefully finish another field. This next one is going to be really good. :cool: Then he has our couple acre one to do and he’s done with ours. He’s going to combine all of John’s beans too because John has been hauling them in for us. Good trade off.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-09 7:17 AM
Do you think you could get to a point where you and Iowa don't have to work, but you both just farm? And maybe massage? Then he wouldn't have to deal with his nasty company.

I'm jealous of your Tuesday:blush: Enjoy it! You have earned it!:cool:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-09 7:45 AM
We are trying to line up enough farming-related jobs so that if something happened with his job he could survive. He is in high demand for a couple of other jobs too so there's really no big concern there. I’m going to buy 4-6 calves next month, investing a little of my house money in those, so hopefully we’ll get a good return on those next year that will keep growing year after year. I really think I’m going to list my shop/practice in the spring and see if I can sell it. I have the option to owner finance and with an adequate down payment I’d be okay doing that. Considering I’d make 6% on my money that would really be the most logical route to take. Over the course of 10 years that would be an extra $20K+ in my pocket just from the interest earned. I’d probably just be done completely with massage and find something else.

I love every other Tuesday too. :grin: Next year beginning in May I’m going to take the alternate Thursday off so I’ll only ever be working 4 days/week. :cool:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-09 9:06 AM
Nice!

Moocows:hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-09 7:24 AM
Dang your day tomorrow sounds pretty good, a nice pampering day

Are you selling to the restaurant?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-09 7:46 AM
I’m just giving them to the restaurant. They’re good people and so appreciative of them. They always end up buying us a meal or two in return. :hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-09 8:03 AM
sounds like a great trade off
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-09 10:07 AM
It sounds like you have a most excellent day off planned for tomorrow.  :cool:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-09 10:00 AM
*My parents visited Marie this weekend and went to the football game to watch the halftime show.  I got 5 texts from them on Saturday complaining about the music the DJ was playing during breaks in the action at the game.  :roll:  Marie got them free tickets to the game and all they could talk about was how awful that rap and hip hop music was.  My Mom was even going to write a letter to the athletic director about it.  I don't think we will bother getting them tickets again. :meh:

*Well, I guess I'm running a marathon this week.  : pbbt:  I didn't realize it was fall break for the college kids when I registered so I was going to bail on the marathon.  But when Anthony found out, he told me I was running it and that he'd be watching his sister compete (which I would have to miss to get to the expo on time) then bringing her to Columbus where they'd both watch me race.  So, now I have no excuses, other than the whole under trained, half injured thing.  :laugh: :cry:

*Jordan Hasay ran the first 10k of the chicago marathon faster than she ran the 10,000 olympic trials.  Now that's going out fast.  And she still managed to hang on to break the American course record held by Joan Benoit Samuelson.  :cool: 

*Last week was a light work week.  Which means this week will be a heavy work week.  :sad:  But the money always comes in handy.  :grin:

*Marie is in a suite style dorm where two rooms share a bathroom.  She said other than the toilet seat staying down, it's pretty much like sharing a bathroom with her brothers.  No one cleans it.  No one gets toilet paper.  No one refills the soap dispenser even when the soap is right there.  :meh:  Anthony complained about the same thing when he had to share a bathroom. 

*I got a new stove.  :grin:  Bill works at Whirlpool and they had a United Way silent auction with a very nice Maytag stove and Bill bid on it and won it.  I have pretty much hated my old stove from the time we got it.  It was so cheap - plastic knobs, grates that warped, broiler tray that warped, when the oven ran, it burnt the finish on the stove top.  This one seems to be much nicer.  :cool:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-09 10:30 AM
:roll::roll: on your parents

That's insane about the 10K pace, and to be able to hold on for that kind of finish
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Maybe Monday is Better RTTs