Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Grateful Monday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-10-09 5:40 AM
Grateful for all of you as friends and grateful that we finally got a nice, slow rain for the area.
Post.:happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-10-09 5:43 AM
Friday was a successful routine hospital trip for DC. For the first interview by a nurse when asked who I was he had said I was his “companion”. When the next nurse asked him who I was (she suggested “wife?”, “girlfriend?”) he said, “Oh, I just now picked her up out there on the corner”. I couldn’t stop laughing.  He is definitely a character.
Saturday I got out to run for 45 minutes on the trail. Weather was still warm and humid. Yoga afterwards.
Sunday Buddy and I went out the trail for 60 minutes. It was really breezy for the first third of the run and we were glad we were wearing our jackets. Then the wind abruptly left and we got sweaty. I needed to use my flashlight for the trail. We had a heavy cloud cover so it was like it never got very light. Yoga after.
Oh, I told Sunday Buddy that I had been working on running posture. He told me that I had always had good posture when walking, standing or running. :laugh:
Today I plan a run on the trail with errands all over the place afterward. Hopefully the sink will be fixed. It is awkward to try and cook without a drain/disposal and washing dishes in the bathroom sink. :meh:
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-09 6:37 AM
That's funny about the hospital trip! :laugh: Sounds like DC has a good sense of humor.  Great workouts as always!  Sounds like we are getting the same weather you've been having. Humid and rainy but cool and dry is on the horizon.  The rain is good - we haven't had any for weeks.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-09 9:16 AM
That Judy...anyone can pick her up. : pbbt::laugh:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-09 9:33 AM
Lady friend? Partner? Main squeeze? Good luck.

Glad you got the runs done! Flashlight even in daylight? That is very heavy cloud cover.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-09 10:58 AM
I would want to know the destination before allowing someone pick me up. If they said Disneyland, I'd go, but a hospital? I don't think so! :wink:

I hope you get the posture think figured out.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-09 6:59 AM
we have rain today too, finally!  YAY!  It's gross and humid, but after the rain the forecast looks good, and the ground is dry as a bone.  We need the rain.  I'm going to attempt 4-5 trail miles again today, once I get a little work done this morning and before my doctor's appointment at 1:30.

re: life... we are trying to get P to actually nap again.  Wish us luck.  Ugh.  I think PC has said that her sons were terrible nappers. That's been giving me hope the past few weeks, because they seem to have turned out okay...
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-09 9:32 AM
Good luck getting P to nap again. Could you impose a "you do not have to be asleep but you do need to be in your crib" routine?
Parent - By Fry [us] Date 2017-10-09 11:26 AM
This. We do 45 minutes of quiet time in his room. More for our sanity then his. He is required to play quietly or read books or rest.  Sometimes he even falls sleep and actually takes a nap.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-09 9:18 AM
Snow here. The roads are passable right now, but likely to be bad later. Heading out ASAP to go to the chiropractor, then grocery shopping for the week, and then...maybe...the gym, depending on conditions.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-09 9:32 AM
Good luck at the chiro and the grocery store. Hope you get to the gym!
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-09 9:31 AM
Grateful for getting out there and for having a job to go to, even though I was muttering this morning about it not being fair that we have to work when most people don't.

Very windy in our area this morning. Saw the first tumbleweed of the season. I went out into the wind and back with it at my back, I had no intention of doing the second half uphill and into the wind.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-09 8:38 PM
6.52 on the TM for a lunch run. I had a conference call so wanted to get back on time.

It is difficult setting up a conference call when you have people calling in from the UK and Honolulu and all points in between. 11 hours difference!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-10 5:52 AM
Excellent work on the TM. Yes, that is complicated for conference calls, especially because there can be local problems as well.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-10 6:09 AM
Good day of running, as usual! Yes, that conference call sounds like a logistical nightmare.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Grateful Monday dailies