Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Weekend What's Happening?
- - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-10-07 2:16 PM
what are you up to this weekend? Catch us up! And good luck to any racers out there! 

Post!
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-10-07 2:21 PM
I've been thinking a lot of Enid. So sorry to hear about your sister. :hug::sad: good luck to Martha! What gloriousness Aubrey! good luck jen at her IM. I'm sure i'm missing some others. Life got in the way this week. It's been crazy but lots of good crazy so there's that. :laugh:

it was a cut back week for running which of course meant i barely felt like running at all. I've been tired with a lot of other (good) stuff going on so definitely made the conscious decision to take more of a cutback week and sleep in a couple extra days which helped.

We had a group event at a small local race this morning. I ran in the 10k and the only goal was to try and hit the pace i said i could hit in my ragnar profile. :roll: I did that (8;30) and had hoped i'd be a bit faster. Nope. I've gotten very slow this year. not sure what is up with that. :meh: Anyway, as it was a smaller race, i did end up placing 1st in AG which made me laugh. Gotta love those smaller races. We had a lot of people in our group turn out for this event so it was really fun and a perfect fall day. :grin:

going to dinner at DH's parents house this evening. i'm not really looking forward to it. but it'll be good to go plus there are some other people there besides just immediate family so that helps.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-10-07 7:03 PM
Thanks PT :hug:

And look at you, winning your AG and then acting like it's NBD :cool::cool: Glad you had a fun time with your friends. 

I hope the dinner is more fun than anticipated :roll:  hey, it could happen!!
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-10-07 6:57 PM
Yeah, this has been one stinker of a week :sad:  My sister's death has been in the making for a couple of years now, but it was still awful. Her son came to bring her a meal and found her dead.  Ugh.  At first we thought we would need to get to Colorado, but her son is the legal next of kin, and at this point he does not want a memorial service :meh:  It's his decision, but it leaves us without much in the way of closure, and the grief is mixed with some other conflicting emotions.  

Thankfully my messed up ankle has been recovering so I could get in some kinesthetic therapy. Although I had hoped for a nice 50 mile total last week, I managed a little over 30.  Yesterday I was able to get in a 12 mile run and I may try to get in one more 20 miler by Wednesday or Thursday and then taper until Oct 29. 

On the subject of races:  my former co-worker Andy is in Scranton this weekend for Steamtown, and Rogere graciously met him and gave him a course tour :cool::hug:  How cool is that?   Roger said it was easy to identify Andy.  He was the only one wearing a jacket.  Roger knew that was the guy from South Texas :laugh:  Looks like there could be rain tomorrow morning for the race, but hopefully not.

Be sure to post updates from Jen and Martha and whoever else.  Kick ass out there!!
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2017-10-07 7:22 PM
:hug: Sorry Enid.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-10-08 6:02 AM
Very sorry for your loss Enid :hug:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-10-08 11:05 AM
So sorry, Enid. I didn't know your nephew found her, that is just awful. Is he 21 yet? I thought he was younger?
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-10-08 8:50 PM
My nephew is 19, and a mess himself.  Even so, he didn't deserve that.  No one does.   It wasn't the kind of info we wanted to put on FB, but i figured I could say it here.
Parent - By Limoboss Date 2017-10-08 11:42 AM
So sorry for your loss.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-10-08 6:07 AM
Nothing much this weekend.

I swam on Friday and cut the grass yesterday :roll:   I'm 2 days into a 3-day application of a gel my dermatologist prescribed for some "crusty" spots on my forehead.  My skin in that area will turn more red for a couple of days so I think it's best I stay out of the pool for a couple/few days :meh: 

Have running club peeps to track today in Chicago, Steamtown and Wichita...not sure there's tracking on the latter two.
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-10-08 11:02 AM
Hey there, I'm back from a wonderful trip to Colorado. Spent some time in Boulder and just loved that city! Did a lot of hiking and a little running, and accompanied my SIL to a kind of Buddhist based seminar on relationships that she wanted to attend. Not my usual thing, but I was open to it and learned some interesting and potentially useful tools. But the seminar was 3 days of sitting, which I did not like at all, and I'm going to try to make up for it this week. So today I'm unpacking, grocery shopping, getting ready for the week.:happy: I'm also feeling rejuvenated and inspired to tackle a lot of house-related stuff. There are so many races this weekend! I'm thinking of everybody racing, hoping for good results.

Rest day today, got home late last night and woke up to tropical conditions outside. October, come on! But maybe later.
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-10-08 8:08 PM
glad you had such a great trip! congrats to I! so happy for her!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-10-09 4:45 PM
Thanks!
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Weekend What's Happening?