Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Happy Manufacturing Day. 10/6/17
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-06 5:39 AM
Just heard it on the radio; manufacturing day.   I guess there is a day to celebrate everything.

And since I have a couple manufacturing engineers in my family tree.....time to celebrate.

Good luck to Jen this weekend!!!!!

Post. Please.  Or this will go the way of the runners world forums.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-06 5:46 AM
In addition to Jen's big race, this weekend is also the Hennepin 100.  My local ultra.   Last year Stormy Kies ran it and then turned around and ran it back to the start line.  Its a point to point run so there are no aid stations if you run it back.   This year a girl from my running club is going to attempt the 200 with him.  They start at 7am tomorrow and hope to finish Monday evening.   I'll be there to cheer at the start and I imagine as they get closer on the return trip a number of us from our club will run them in as well.

Rainy day here, first measurable rain since August so I'll take it.  Plan to run once the sun comes up and the school traffic clears.    Good day Masters!!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-06 7:03 AM
Oh how neat to have that event taking place in your hometown. Have fun spectating.

Yea for rain!
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-10-06 6:01 PM
Wait, a 200 miler? :shocker!:
I'd be doing good to run them into the finish line! Sounds like fun though, enjoy! :cool:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-06 6:11 PM
https://patch.com/illinois/crystallake/200-miles-faith-dad-runs-remember-honor-teen-daughter-killed-murder-suicide

long read, but worth it.  The article is from last year.  He's going to try it again tomorrow.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-10-06 7:53 PM
Wow, that was a great read. Heart wrenching, though. I sure hope he reaches his goal, I'm betting he most certainly does. Just so darn sad about his daughter. What are these kids thinking?? Or not thinking. So frightening and heartbreaking. Makes you feel so helpless. :cry:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-10-06 6:39 AM
Up at 5:00 to monitor a software install. Now I sit here and work to control my anxiety while I wait to see what goes wrong.  17 months of on and off work on this project.  I've rechecked my work so many times I have lost count, but I always miss something. It is inevitable.  I didn't think I'd be able to sleep last night but I was able to not worry about the install and I slept pretty good.  It helped that the Buffalo Sabres lost their opening game last night and so I was ticked off about that. It was a good distraction.

If the world does not end in the next couple hours, I plan to head to the gym to work off some stress.  Hit the ARC trainer and then maybe even try my calf out on the treadmill and see what happens.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-06 7:02 AM
If the world does not end in the next couple hours  Um, is this a reference to Trump's "calm before the storm" comment?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-10-06 11:38 AM
That was in regard to my software install.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-06 8:27 AM
I can't imagine how you would catch everything in a new software anyway.   Hope it goes well!!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-10-06 7:01 AM
Good morning!

I am having a cup of coffee and soon will start my daily routines.  I really don't have much to report today.

Good luck to Jen!

Happy Manufacturing Day!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-10-06 5:59 PM
Nothing days are great days!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-10-06 11:42 AM
I hit the gym for 30 minutes on the ARC trainer and then a mile running on the treadmill.  No calf issues. Of course I was a mile into the race last week when it first started to hurt.

I'll take the calf for a trot in the morning and see how it goes. 

My daughter Brooke and SIL from Illinois will be coming here tomorrow with their husky Athena.  (I think that is the dog's name.)  Time for the cats to hunker down under my bed for a week.  They'll be here just in time for an 88° October day followed by 5 days of rain. :roll:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-06 2:00 PM
I love the smell of a wet husky.: pbbt:
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-10-06 4:23 PM
That will be fun! How did the install go??
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-10-06 5:59 PM
Poor cats. :cry:

Hope your install went well.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-10-06 1:35 PM
ran 5.07 at noon today...sorry Dawn. Not many more 10k's until after my races.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-06 2:00 PM
:sad:
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-10-06 5:58 PM
Hey streaker, what are your race coming up? Goal race?
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-10-06 6:06 PM
Dover Delaware Marathon in 2 weeks. Trying to PR one last time before I'm too old.
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-10-06 6:26 PM
What is your goal?
You are FAR from too old to PR. :mutmad:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-10-06 6:41 PM
Current PR is 3:26:54 hoping to beat that. been using training paces for 3:20:00 will try for that.
will be 53 next month so PR's are harder to come by.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-10-06 7:51 PM
You're still a youngster. :cool: And you train really smart, that's a key!
I'll stalk, errr I mean track you, if I can! I'm predicting the north side of 3:20. :grin:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-10-06 2:37 PM
11.70 miles on the trail this morning.  I got a later start, and I forgot my water bottle at home, plus it got a little warm.  I had some store bought water bottles with me in the car, but I ran without them.  I was dry mouthed when I finished my run.

I don't have any manufacturers in my family that I know of.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-10-06 5:58 PM
Nice run Mr. Moose!
Parent - - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-10-06 4:23 PM
Did my spin class with the she beast trainer this am. 90", not near the fan. I was beat but feel good about it. My next 5k is the big local one, in two weeks.

Go Jen!!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-10-06 5:58 PM
I can't imagine your heat! :cry:
Well, okay I can, which is why I live in Alaska. :laugh::hug:
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-10-06 5:57 PM
Well, once I get this remodel done, I think you guys might shame me into getting off my duffer and actually DOING something!:laugh: But hey, let's not cast that in stone, mmmkay?? : pbbt:

In the meantime, my current project is scraping popcorn ceilings. My entire body hurts from this and I'm merely 1/3 of the way through. :roll:
Oh well. I have no deadline, other than what I self impose, so it's all good. Haven't been here a week yet, but I'd say Alaska is good for me. :hug:
Mostly what's good, is not working and no job hunting till after the first of the year! Where's that dancing banana when you need him?? :laugh::laugh:

Dinner out tonight at the northern most brewery in the US. :cool:
Stalking Jen and scraping ceilings tomorrow. Life is good. :cool:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-10-06 6:06 PM
do you have to scrape them?  I've heard you can put 1/8" drywall over them and just kind of start over.

We've been talking around doing this for the 25 years we've lived here.  The popcorn ceilings are only on the 2nd floor and I rarely go up there so out of sight, out of mind.  I figure we'll need to do something with them if we ever sell the place though.  To me, the drywall just sounds easier.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-10-06 6:29 PM
I'm doing this myself, and I don't think I can lift and install drywall overhead alone. I'm also on a budget... I did just read something about simply applying a new layer of mud, so to speak, which sounds more appealing than the effort involved in scraping. It's not easy, by any stretch of the imagination, I don't care what YouTube videos proclaim! :laugh::cry:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Happy Manufacturing Day. 10/6/17