Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Flying Around Friday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-10-06 5:31 AM
Leak discovered. :roll:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-10-06 5:32 AM
Thursday I got the soup on and went out the trail for an hour.
Posture report: The hips have been forward successfully for quite a while. The middle of the back straightened up with the hips almost automatically. When those things were pretty well a habit, I am working on getting the chest up. I’ve been going from tree to tree or pole to pole to keep reminding myself to be diligent. So far it is working. Fingers crossed.
Yoga done.
Today I am taking DC to his hospital test and the kitchen sink just started leaking a small stream of water. Will probably run tomorrow morning.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-10-06 6:39 AM
Sorry about your leak.  I hope you can get it fixed!
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-06 7:10 AM
I am currently working on keeping my arms forward and running straight as opposed to weaving. Change is hard.

Good luck with your day.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-06 12:22 PM
OOO! I finally got the arms forward too! I weave. :blush:
Parent - - By BRunR [ca] Date 2017-10-06 1:15 PM
Wow Judy you've been describing sort of what I've been working on. For me it's trying to focus on keeping the sternum up and out.
Have you noticed any new twinges in your back as you make the adjustments? Even walking I notice in windows I slouch if I'm not aware. Such a bad habit that needs correcting. Did you originally have a back issue or did you just become aware? thank you for the yoga tips.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-06 2:50 PM
Yes about the sternum up and out. I started with the whole body at once. That didn't work so I started with the hips more forward. That worked! The muscles in the back of my hips told me they were working, doing something different, but happy about it. It did not hurt. Then the middle of the back decided it was a good idea as well. Now I'm doing the sternum. No back issues but I noticed I had been bending over too much. I have osteoporosis and am older than dirt (but cleaner) so I dare not allow myself to keep leaning over. It is going well so far! How about you? :happy:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-06 8:11 PM
Moving Friday's run to Saturday?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-08 11:39 AM
Yes, I may keep doing that while I'm taking classes. I still plan 6 runs a week and like to keep it that way.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-10-06 5:44 AM
The humidity is back, but I'm hoping it goes away soon. 3 miles done. Yesterday was a very emotional day because I helped out my friend J. As you all know she is chronically ill, diagnoses with PLS, which is like ALS. Yesterday I was able to push to finally get her oxygen. I wanted her to go to the ER, and it left her hysterical. She had a tough time last time she was in the hospital in August. Fortunately, she took a test last week and the doc's office called for the results right away and an emergency oxygen unit was sent to her home. It has been a two month battle to get her what she needs. I am thankful for all the social workers out there because yesterday was tough. Keep up the good work Classicsnerd!
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-10-06 6:40 AM
I'm glad that J finally got oxygen without having to go to the hospital. :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-06 7:12 AM
I'm glad you were able to get your friend what she needed.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-06 12:19 PM
:hug: sounds like a difficult day. You're a good friend!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-06 12:32 PM
+1  :hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-06 8:11 PM
Glad she finally got oxygen at home. Sorry she had such a tough time. Social workers on your side can be very helpful.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-10-06 6:39 AM
Humidity is back here as well.  It's cooler than August, but still grossly humid.  I ran 4.5 this morning.  It was an ok run, but I'm bored with all of my running gear and with all of my routes. :roll:  I also haven't been sleeping that well, which I think is a combination of the full moon and taking allergy meds.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-06 7:13 AM
Time to move?: pbbt:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-06 12:34 PM
Allergy meds can be really hard to deal with. I hear ya about being bored with some running stuff. : pbbt:
Parent - By BRunR [ca] Date 2017-10-06 1:19 PM
A little retail therapy for some new grar?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-06 8:12 PM
Can't do much about the running gear; routes maybe run them in reverse if safe to do so, or drive to a starting point and run from there?
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-06 7:00 AM
Early this a.m. Got up at 4 and managed to run 3 and do some weights. Hoping to finish work at 3:30 so I can take a nap.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-10-06 12:33 PM
Anyone should be canonized for doing weights. :laugh: Good work on the workout.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-06 1:44 PM
I do feel a little virtuous on those days.
:blush:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-06 8:12 PM
Congratulations on the early run and weights! Hope you got your nap.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-06 11:43 AM
Hey, everyone! T-bone and I got back from the honeymoon on Wednesday. Kauai was wonderful and it was a great time. :hug:

Had PT appt yesterday and it was both encouraging and frustrating. My PT said that my progress to day is "phenomenal" and "amazing" and that I am way far ahead of what they normally see in terms of strength, mobility, healing, etc. I have even been regaining muscle mass to a degree that she said normally doesn't happen at this point in rehab, which is great. However, she said that my new focus for PT, especially since my workout intensity has changed and we are working very much on muscle strength more than just plain mobility, is to take a recovery day between every workout day.

OMG. Yes, it is very sensible and physiologically the smart thing to do. But it's like putting the brakes on just when I want to press the gas. :meh: She did say that the recovery days can be "active recovery", with walking or light swimming (no pool running, no major kick workouts), but no impact, nothing strenuous.

Sigh. I am just so impatient right now. Gotta remember to think long-term and just suck it up and follow instructions.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-10-06 12:21 PM
Glad you had a great time! WB  :grin:
About your PT, maybe you can think of it as buying time for your next workouts when you are really healed?
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-10-06 12:42 PM
That is a good way to look at it, Judy. I will try to frame it like that. :hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-06 8:14 PM
Welcome back!

So difficult not to work out when you want to. And the PT may not be as used to that as to people who have to be forced up and off their butts.

If you can do walking, maybe do some gentle exploration of the trails around your area? Good opportunity to take your time rather than go on a trail run.
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-10-07 7:14 AM
I am glad you had a great trip! How could you not being newlywed and in Hawaii?

PT sucks you feel like you are SO RECOVERED yet you aren't yet...and if you push it you set yourself back. Can you lift upper body and core on "active" recovery day? Also you could pull only in the pool with no kicking?
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-07 8:02 PM
I have found muscle grows stronger with rest but must it be so counterintuitive?
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-06 1:14 PM
Judy, when you said "leak discovered", my thoughts went to politics. :blush:

2.5 this morning, under a big bright full moon. Just about to head to the gym for more.
Parent - - By BRunR [ca] Date 2017-10-06 1:27 PM
I remember being amazed by th early morning effort some of you make just to be able to get one in.
Can I ask how early you need to get up to run before work?
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-06 3:27 PM
3:30 alarm goes off. I tend to haul out about 3:45 to 3:50.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-07 8:05 PM
:shocker!:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-06 7:57 PM
"Leak" will forever have new meaning. :laugh:
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-10-07 7:14 AM
I discover a leak every time I sneeze. : pbbt:
- - By BRunR [ca] Date 2017-10-06 1:34 PM
Oh ya running, I got out for a dog free 9.5 miles. I love running with a dog  but since she's not the best at heeling  when.on leash it's so much easier to run solo.
Another reason to prefer the trails. Oddly she listens better off leash than on and stays either just in front or right beside me. Of course if she didn't she be leashed on trails as well. And where we have to we do. We'll be back in the country so off to the trails tomorrow. Though it's youth wknd for Bear and Deer hunting which makes me more nervous. No hinting posted is usually respected but it just takes one. Will make sure we both have our Bright Orange on.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-06 7:57 PM
Deer hunting really close to where Sunday Buddy and I run at dawn. I've talked to the police to make sure where it is safe.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-06 8:08 PM
I would be concerned also about trails with the dog during hunting season. Youth weekend? Meaning youth can hunt with fewer restrictions than adults?
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-10-07 7:10 AM
Usuallly it means only youth can hunt with an adult.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-10-06 8:33 PM
I hear you on being nervous about running during hunting season.  I run on roads, but I hear a lot of gunshots during hunting season and I don't necessarily trust people to not shoot toward roadways. :roll:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-07 8:07 PM
Where do you live with all these trails?
Up Topic Communities / Women / Flying Around Friday dailies