Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Waiting for the weekend Thursday RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-05 6:23 AM
Creative, I know
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-05 6:37 AM
No Fracture:cool:

Definite pf tear. Not sure about how significant a tear, I will have to wait for my doc for that sort of opinion. Also have Achilles tendinosis, whatever. No symptoms. Wonder if due to limping for so long. Basically, I am guessing the boot will stay and 6-8 weeks of recovery. I see my doc next Wed for actual treatment and I want a 1-10 how bad is the tear.

No response from Q whatsoever about money. No shock there. He'll ignore it until he can pay something. Which will probably be when he does his taxes. Which doesn't exactly help a lot. Whatever. Let's just watch the tally get higher every month....

Blah blah....I'm very meh right now. But weirdly, my house is straight and I'm doing a little each night and the laundry is even getting caught up. What is wrong with me:wink:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-05 6:49 AM
Not to discourage you but when I had tendonitis in my ankle (peroneal brevis) it took 9 months to fully heal. I was still able to run and train through the healing process but it was a long haul.

At least you have some answers. Hopefully the tear isn’t too significant. Surgery may be required in severe cases, right?
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-05 7:24 AM
Yes, but I doubt it is that bad. Fingers crossed. I can't afford a surgery.:shocker!:

I'm not too worried about the achilles thing. I just need to stretch and the rest for my PF should also help that AT. It is asymptomatic. After i talk to the doc i will know if stretching the calf is ok. So far, i've kept it super still so stretching hasn't really happened. Luckily I'll have time to get it all rested up for soccer season starting in March:cool::evil:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-05 7:34 AM
A lot of times tight calf muscles fuel the achilles acting up. Stretching and massage might really help.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-05 2:23 PM
PF tear sounds bad - is treatment just to wait? Or the boot will help? Not sure if you already have a boot but I remember seeing the one I have on amazon for way cheaper than you could get through the Dr.

Does Q owe you his normal payment or is this for activities and stuff? Not that it matters
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-06 6:52 AM
I have been in a boot since the 2nd day after it happened. I am betting the boot is how it will be treated.

The money q owes me is activities and doctors. Mostly activities. He has to pay half of sports/activities and half of medical/dental bills. Most of it right now is Rip's monthly soccer bill and tj's baseball and dental bill.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-05 8:06 AM
--Went to bed at 8:30 p.m. last night and didn’t stir until 4:11 a.m. Amazing what a little bit of sleep will do for a person. The hand still falls asleep but the pain associated with it is gone so that is good.

--Busy day today. I’m glad I got some solid rest last night because today and tomorrow will be a real test to how well I’m on the mend. 

--Our new Ryobi weed eater crapped out. Seems the battery is bad. It has a 5 year warranty. I hope they will just refund my money on the thing and take it back. I hate it anyway. Be nice to just get rid of it.

--Balanced my checkbook yesterday. I forgot to write down a $285 deposit. :cool:

--I guess my mom and I are going to have a repeat garage sale the 27th of the this month. :cry: Only one day. Hopefully all of her Christmas stuff will sell. I still have a few things over there but what doesn’t sell I’m just going to donate. Quite a few books and CDs.

--We have a donor appreciation banquet thing tonight. I’m going to be late because I have an appointment but will try to stop by for at least a little while for some appetizers and drinks. :wink:

--No time for Jillian today. :meh: Actually, a couple rest days are in order. We’ll get back after it tomorrow.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-05 10:19 AM
Falling asleep is uncomfortable but I bet a step up from pain. Glad to hear it. To what do you credit the improvement?

Can you find me a missing $285 deposit?: pbbt:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-05 1:11 PM
I attribute it to a number of things. No more gardening and canning, lighter work load (I’m doing about 6-8 fewer massages per week), getting frequent massages, self massage, stretching, Ibuprofen (I’m sure the second round of Prednisone I took didn’t hurt either), ice, etc.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-05 10:25 AM
We are considering a half in March up in Kansas. Is Wamego, KS far from you in Missouri? Where are you in Missouri? We will have to drive through to get there.

What is the weather link in March?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-05 1:50 PM
Is that the Wicked Marathon & Half? I noticed that on marathonguide. I had to look up where Wamego is. Seems to be near Manhattan, which is where Kansas State is. Odds are you will drive I-70 to get there which is a ways out of my neck of the woods. I-70 goes thru the center of MO and I’m in the SW corner.

Weather in Kansas in March? bawhahahahahaha. Most likely a lot of wind. Could have a 16” snowstorm and single digits or it could be an unseasonably 75 degrees. In other words, a complete crapshoot and nothing you can be certain of.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-06 6:54 AM
That is the race. :grin:

Boo. Maybe we can find a race in SW MO on sunday:mischief:

Weather - lol. that is what I figured. I need to tell my mom that. She hates cold weather.:laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-05 2:23 PM
That sounds like some good sleep!

Balanced checkbook. What is that?!?!
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Waiting for the weekend Thursday RTTs