Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Windy Wednesdays RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-04 5:47 AM
:cool: Fall is in the Air!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-04 6:13 AM
--I love Fall. :grin: Bring it on!

--Per suggestion of Shannon I mailed off a letter to the clinic explaining how I don’t feel I should be held responsible for payment for the X-rays. We’ll see what happens.

--Two Jillian workouts yesterday. :shocker!::cry: We both have to work early this morning so that’s why we doubled up. I still may have time to do one this evening.

--Her yoga workout is light on the stretching and heavy on the weight/strength. While it’s a great workout it’s not exactly what I was hoping for.

--Lots of rain in our forecast. Would have been nice to have this 3-4 weeks ago. :roll:

--Thinking about running the Frisco Marathon in the late Spring. I like that race and it’s local. I need to have a goal. :meh:

--We got the tire fixed on the Deutz and the replacement PTO shaft arrived from Canada (via Europe) so that should be up and running soon. Always something.

--My niece sent me pictures of their baby chicks. They’re going to have a little chicken coop amongst my sister’s $60K backyard landscaping project. Anxious to see how that goes. They’ve had issues with skunks and raccoons in the past so this may be interesting.

--5K race a week from Saturday. :meh: I figure Sarge and I will knock out about a 35-38 minute finish. That’s about what it has been taking us. Hopefully he won’t have to sniff and pee quite so much while we’re racing. :laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-04 6:24 AM
Do you think that video would be a good one for someone who's never done yoga?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-04 6:45 AM
The moves in the Level 1 workout of her Yoga Meltdown video are all quite doable. I’m not very experienced with yoga but like I said, I think this was heavy on the weight training (maybe more of a Pilates influence???) than stretching, balance and flexibility. I bought her Yoga Inferno video too. I think that’s the newest one. The title alone scares me. :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-04 6:53 AM
Anything Jillian scares me:shocker!:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-04 8:46 AM
I'd love to hear your review on the inferno one.  :grin:  I'd be scared with that title as well.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-04 6:52 AM
Goals are good. I'm very goal oriented. It is why I never get anything done unless I have a birthday party scheduled:blush:

Two jillians?!:shocker!: Wow!

Awwww baby chicks!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-04 12:54 PM
Yoga that’s light on stretching??
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-10-04 7:08 AM
*Yay fall!!!:grin:
*Slow work day here.  Not a bad thing.  Yesterday was a little nuts, and we had one of our nuclear cameras go down which put us further behind.
*Flying down to FL after work on Friday to meet up with the family and put MIL's ashes to rest at sea.  We are chartering a sailboat and taking her about 7 mi off the coast of Clearwater.  We're bringing a bottle of bubbly to toast her...that's how we roll. :laugh:  It's a lovely plan, but there is a 60% chance of storms, so this might not go off well.  We're hoping for some break in the weather so we can pull this off.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-04 7:13 AM
I hope your trip is nice. Sounds like a great goodbye:hug:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-04 8:47 AM
I hope the storms hold off.  :hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-04 12:55 PM
Hope the storms hold off that sounds like a good way to go
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-04 7:13 AM
Think I'm doing too much on my foot:sad: Aches.

My mom is picking up the MRI report today:meh:

Just emailed Q a reminder and updated list of expenses. I keep an excel file that is shared with him. He currently owes me $392 including yesterdays dentist visit.

Work is crazy. Gotta run. I keep coming back to this for an hour now. : pbbt:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-04 8:24 AM
Let us know what you find out on the MRI. :hug:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-04 8:48 AM
I hope you get some answers for your foot.
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-10-04 3:12 PM
You've been dealing with your foot for awhile.  :sad:  I hope the MRI gives you a fixable answer.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-04 8:58 AM
*Went to work this morning only to find out no one has been at the rental since I've last been there.  The owners were on the schedule for 2 weekends and they came neither of them.  That's fine with me if they would rather pay me to stop by and dust than to update me that I don't need to come.   

*I would've run farther this morning had I known I wouldn't have to work though.  :sad:

*Right when I came out of the bedroom this morning it was obvious the cat had peed somewhere.  :cry::mutmad:  Just what I want to do immediately upon waking, play the find the pee game.  :mutmad:  Should've just gone to the back door.   :mutmad:  The outdoor cat sleeps on the top step and I think the indoor cat marks to claim the territory.  Whatever the reason, I'm over it.  He's going to find himself becoming more familiar with the outdoor cat if he keeps this up.  :mutmad:  It's not super common, every couple months or so, but still incredibly annoying.  We don't let him go by the door if we see him, so it's always at night when we aren't up and the dog is away.  Luckily we don't have carpet there, just a rug, so it's only a matter of throwing the rug in the washer, but still :mutmad:

*It is super humid here this morning.  I'm ready for the front to come through already. 

*My marathon sent out the weekly update newsletter.  In addition to using only clear gear check bags, they are also reserving the right to inspect hydration packs.  What a sad world we live in.  I know it's supposed to make me feel more safe, but it just makes me feel sad.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-04 12:06 PM
Angel became an outdoor cat for similar behavior. Just so you know, she is doing fine, if not better, being an outdoor cat.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-04 1:11 PM
That is annoying that you didn't get to run like you wanted to, although I guess not having to clean it afterall is nice too

Inspect hydration bags, wow. It is sad what it has come to :sad:
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-10-04 3:11 PM
We were discussing at work how girls/women might have a hard time bringing purses to events.  I know some events only allow the clear purses.  Poor young girls and women, might not be able to easily bring feminine supplies anywhere.  I would have been mortified to have a clear purse or bag with my pads and tampons showing.  That might end up being the new norm, though.  :sad:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-04 3:35 PM
The one good thing is they are making the products smaller now so a tampon can fit in a pocket. Man I wish they would’ve had that when I was younger.  My dd seems to handle it much better than I did at her age. She’s pretty nonchalant about it, figures it’s a fact of life. :hug:

I’ve found if I have tampons right in the top/front of my bag they don’t spend much time searching it at events. :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-04 6:04 PM
yea that is true
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-10-04 3:13 PM
Cat pee :cry:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Windy Wednesdays RTTs