Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wandering Wednesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-10-04 5:28 AM
Wandering around doing errands after my run today.
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-10-04 5:30 AM
Tuesday I got out later than usual but it was a good hour run. Yoga as well some before, some after. I’m trying to stay flexible and maintain proper posture in my old age. The only practical way to do it is every day.

Today I am out to do the trail. Yoga today. Posture work going well, I think. Without a sight line I’m not sure, have to go by feel.
Safe and happy runs, All!
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-04 5:58 AM
Do you enjoy yoga or is it primarily to stay flexible?
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-10-04 6:41 AM
To stay flexible. Period. I do it because it is really good for me. I do enjoy one of my guided classes because of my trust in the teacher.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-04 9:11 AM
Yoga, the new flossing?

Glad you have found one teacher you like.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-04 10:51 AM
new flossing :laugh::laugh: A lot of the yoga teacher thing for me is trust. I have to really trust that person.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-04 5:48 AM
It looks there is a reprieve in the rain tonight so I may be able to go to the group run. Yeah!

Work has been better. Still busy, but I'm working on some new things so that makes life more interesting.

Runningwise a friend gave me her entry to the 10K race of the local marathon. Since I'm training for my 1/2, I thought it might be fun to just try and run it at goal 1/2 pace or a little faster. Definitely think it would be a good thing to avoid winning any AG  awards under an assumed name of someone 9 years younger. We could xfer the bib and while I don't mind lathe  $20 fee the process would be a PITA for the woman with the original bib. I feel like I should offer to buy her breakfast or something though.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-04 6:46 AM
Sounds like opportunities! We have cloudiness here, but now it looks good. Rain supposed to come later and it as been so dry all summer, I think some of it will still miss us.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-04 9:11 AM
Yay for no rain!
- - By NotSoFast [us] Date 2017-10-04 6:33 AM
Had a nice run with RB this morning, it was a bit cooler and breezier.
Yoga last night (like Judy I try to do it every day, even if 15 minutes before bed at home) and then went to a "Full Moon Healing Circle with Reiki and Crystal Bowl Meditation" which sounds kookier than it was. It was nice, we all mediated for an hour and the practitioners did some energy work on each of us. Meditation for an hour is HARD!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-04 6:44 AM
Since I started taking Meditation class, I found it to be increasingly helpful for running and yoga as well. Meditation for an hour straight would be hard. Was there any break or was it straight 60 minutes?
Parent - - By BRunR [ca] Date 2017-10-04 8:37 AM
How did you feel after the energy work?
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2017-10-04 5:34 PM
I don't know. I think I have to try it a few more times?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-04 9:11 AM
Sounds interesting, though I don't think I could meditate for more than a few minutes.
- - By BRunR [ca] Date 2017-10-04 8:36 AM
Back from the country 4 days of trail runs with the digs ..I feel spoiled.
Today back to the city streets squeaked in 2 miles now waiting for a plumber.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-04 9:10 AM
Trail runs vs. city streets -- no comparison. Though city streets do have streetlights.

Good luck with the plumber.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-06 3:57 AM
Variety is nice though.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-04 9:09 AM
No wandering. 3.2 miles, back, morning routine which is longer these days because it includes feeding 5 kittens. RN texted last night to say she would try to run this morning. No text this morning so at 4:02 I texted which way I was going and figured I wouldn't see her. At 4:20 she texted to say she had just woken up and would get dressed and meet me. I got to the turnaround, turned, came back, and approximately 0.8 mile from my house saw her across the street. She turned around and we ran back, I believe she was going to do a bit more mileage after dropping me off.

Moon looked really close to full this morning.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-10-04 5:56 PM
Excellent work on the 3.2 miler and the kittens. :grin:  Aren't they cute when they are dancing sideways and hopping at the same time? :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wandering Wednesday dailies