Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Sunny Tuesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-10-03 6:19 AM
Nice running weather here.
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-10-03 6:22 AM
Monday’s run was a 45 minute one. As I was on the return to the car I found 2 does and 2 yearlings standing on the trail looking at me. I slowed down to an in place trot and they just kept watching. We were by a lake just off the river area. Finally I started to go carefully forward and they came past me. They really are curious animals.

I park in an area where there are some elderly (as if I’m not one :laugh:) who park and walk. Several of them asked me about my knee strap. I’m not sure why, but many of them want one. They asked a lot at the track when I was taking classes with people of similar age. I always tell them to check with their doctors who can decide what they need. One group of men were sure I was wearing magnets in the strap.:roll: This is an area where people also think drinking vinegar and wearing copper bracelets are cures.

Today I am out to do the trail. Yoga and hike yesterday. Yoga today. Posture work in progress!
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-03 7:08 AM
great job on the yoga (and everything else).  I need to get back into that.

It's pretty hard to think of you as elderly!
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-10-03 7:08 AM
Back to biking to work, over just about everyone's objections.  I'm fine physically, the bike is fine.  Mentally everyone else just needs to get over it.

Biked to trainer, supposedly a leg workout that involved a lot of upper body.  He thinks he's so sneaky. :laugh:  Biked to work.   Will bike home tonight and then start running children to their various and sundry things.  Will be 10 miles round trip today.  The ride was not as bad as I expected it to be this morning; thankful that I didn't lose to much after 3 weeks off.

It's cooled down a bit.  Warm enough for shorts normally, but a little too chilly for shorts on the bike.  I'm just going to have to suck up the chilly for a while because it's still too warm to switch to capris for working out.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2017-10-03 7:10 AM
beautiful running this morning! out 2 days in a row, which I'm happy about.  4 miles on trails again, including "the monster" hill that I haven't run in probably 1.5 years.  OK worky time! 200 pp of reading to do today and some writing.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-03 3:38 PM
I haven't run yet but I hope to after work. It will be the last day without rain in the forecast this week so if I want to run outside this may be it for awhile. It gets dark at 7 so not sure how much time I'll have before  I worry about finishing without  falling or other dangers. I miss those endless days of summer.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-03 9:20 PM
I do too. It is getting dark by 7 now and the days are getting shorter...and on November 5 we change the clocks. :sad:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-04 5:31 AM
It was just getting dark when I got back. The sun had already set but at least I could still see. Will have to start experimenting with lunch runs.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-10-04 6:36 AM
I'm looking forward to time change because it gets light earlier.  Especially for long runs, if I can get out a bit earlier there's not as much traffic.

I'm bummed that DST no longer ends on the  last weekend of October, though, because I used to sometimes get a 25-hour birthday. : pbbt:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-04 9:06 AM
:laugh: on the birthday.

How about the people who are in the second week of March who may now get a 23-hour birthday? They have been cheated!
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-03 9:10 AM
Looking at CN's post, I guess it's hill day! 2.5 miles this morning, including a hill that climbs 230 feet in half a mile. I'm not sure what that works out to in gradient but it's plenty steep!
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2017-10-04 5:32 AM
I hope there was a downhill to go with it.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-04 9:06 AM
Yes, otherwise I would not have got back home and would not have made it in to work...
Up Topic Communities / Women / Sunny Tuesday dailies