Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Too early Tuesday RTTs
- - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-03 4:37 AM
I'm up to early, what about you?
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-03 5:38 AM
B is back to his usual 4:45am wakeup. For some reason I forgot this was the norm and I went in to try to get him back to sleep when I should have just left him to fuss and eventually fall asleep.

I definitely have HFM. The bumps got worse during the day yesterday and even a bit painful. Hurts to grip a steering wheel, etc. Have them in my mouth/tongue/cheeks/lips and then overnight must have gotten a few on my feet. I can feel them but can't see them - guess I'm not flexible enough to examine my feet :laugh:

On the 'plus' side since B woke me up so early I logged into work around 530am so I have no problem slacking off a bit later

Baby socks are expensive! I realized his are all too small so I was looking to buy some. It's like $1-2 per pair, wtf

Trying to think of soft foods I can have that won't irritate my throat too much. The stuff I read said no spicy or salty but that is pretty much all of the soups I can think of. Not sure what else to try.

Do donuts count as soft food :laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-03 6:50 AM
Sounds like an ice cream diet to me. : pbbt:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-03 6:53 AM
Great minds!  :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-03 7:16 AM
Had a milkshake yesterday :laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-03 6:52 AM
Try the donuts and see.  I'm sure your mouth will let you know.  I'd experience some pain for donuts.  :blush:

You might try oatmeal.  Or ice cream.  :grin:

Sorry you got B's crud.  :cry:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-03 8:41 AM
B is feeling better then? I hope you are soon!

Socks - walmart packs? target packs?

Soft foods - ice cream, donuts in milk/coffee, yogurt, pudding:evil:

Does tequila count as food? It might sterilize ya and after a few shots you won't be able to feel your mouth so you can eat anything!:mischief:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-03 1:32 PM
B is better, back at daycare thankfully.
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-10-03 4:44 PM
Ugh, so sorry about the HFM.  :cry:  I agree about the ice cream and milkshakes!  :wink:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-03 7:01 AM
*Today is catch up day.  I've spent the past 3 days traveling, home just to sleep pretty much.  So the house is a colossal wreck.  I bought the catchy new Maroon 5 song and have had it on repeat as i clean the kitchen and do laundry.  2 loads down, probably 6 more to go.  :meh:  And we won't even talk about the bathrooms.  I also plan to try and catch up on sleep.   I have the sleep deprived hangover kind of feeling going on, for 3 days straight.  :cry:

*Anthony shaved off his beard but left the mustache.  I am NOT a fan.  I was trying to talk him into shaving the disgusting thing off so I told him he doesn't look hipster anymore.  He said his 'stache is so hip it works at a coffee shop and doesn't eat gluten.  :laugh::laugh:

*Marie was so happy I went back to Indy to have dinner with her yesterday on her actual birthday. I told her she'd have to be a lot farther than 3 hours away before I wouldn't be able to see her on her birthday.  :hug: 

*Anyone want to deliver a gallon of skim milk to my house?  I know if I go out to the store that it will kill my productivity.  And the milk is the only item we absolutely have to have today.  I can push the rest of it until tomorrow when I have to go past the grocery store anyway.  Maybe I'll make Jonathan pick it up on his way home.  He's the biggest milk drinker anyway, hence would miss it the most come breakfast tomorrow when there will be none.

*Last cup of coffee in the pot.  :grin:  <----- me adequately caffeinated.  :laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-03 7:06 AM
I’m not a fan of the mustache look either. :meh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-03 7:18 AM
Mustache....no thank you. I want that hipster trend to end!

Is there a gas station or convenience store where you can get milk - more expensive but if it keeps you from the grocery store
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-03 7:48 AM
The convenience store is 2 miles down the road.  That's probably where I'll end up sending Jonathan tonight.  :laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-03 8:44 AM
Mustaches are creepy.

Good luck on the house:hug:

Glad you were able to see Marie on her birthday:hug:

Make jonathan get the milk for you.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-03 10:31 AM
I was going to suggest that too about the mustache but I didn’t want to offend Michelle. : pbbt:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-03 10:37 AM
No worries, I agree.  I didn't tell him I thought it was creepy, but his sister sure did.  :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-03 11:10 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-03 7:04 AM
--We were up early to workout with Jillian. : pbbt:

--Massage was okay yesterday. He had kind of a subtle touch but I think with the movements he added in it might be a bit effective. I’m going again next week since I had purchased two Groupons.

--My hand is still going to sleep at times at night but it’s localized to just the hand whereas before it was from my mid upper arm all the way down to the hand. Although it is aggravating when it goes to sleep at least it isn’t painful anymore. So, there is some improvement. I’ve been spending a lot of time with my left elbow stuck in my wrist extensors and flexors whenever I get a chance. I think that is helping. Nothing like some self-inflicted pain.

--The whole Las Vegas situation is so tragic. Makes me ill. :sad:

--I made some of the best chocolate chip cookies the other day. They are perfectly chewy. :grin: I really like the 1/2 butter & 1/2 shortening combo with the mini chips.

--Finally got the 4 native plants that I bought at the hummingbird festival planted. They should do well. :happy:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-10-03 7:19 AM
I just had to try and see if I was flexible enough to dig my elbow into my opposite wrist :laugh:

mmmm perfect choclate chip cookies
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-03 7:51 AM
Reading about your Jillian workouts is making me nostalgic for when I was in killer shape (because I did those daily).  They really do work.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-03 8:11 AM
I have 6-7 of her videos and many of them have 3 different workouts on them so I’m pretty well set. I just got two different yoga ones of hers. I’m kind of anxious to give those a whirl. I may do one later this afternoon because I get done with work early.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-03 10:15 AM
Let me know what you think of the yoga ones.  I'm so inflexible.   I probably can't even get into the start poses.  However doing nothing but running is only making things worse.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-03 10:32 AM
My flexibility went to hell when I started running.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-03 10:35 AM
I never was flexible but now my inflexibility is problematic.  My pie in the sky goal would be able to sit cross legged on the floor.  :meh:  I haven't been able to do that in a very long time.  :cry:
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-10-03 4:40 PM
I actually used to be quite flexible, but I can't sit cross legged very well anymore.  I think my problems originate in my lower back, which causes problems for everything south of it. :meh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-03 8:46 AM
Impressive workout!

Glad there is some hand improvement. Less pain is always good!:hug:
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-10-03 4:42 PM
Great job on the workouts!  I have a Jillian kickboxing DVD covered in dust somewhere around here.:roll:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-10-03 9:01 AM
I actually woke up and got up the first time:shocker!:5:30.  15 min early.

Currently sitting on hold with the New Mexico tax department. 24 min and counting

Seriously had to come from another office back to home office to fix the printer for our renter Engineer who didn't have time for printer malfunctions. Seriously. All he had to do was change the damned M toner. Seriously. :roll:

I lost the cushion that goes over my ankle where one of the boot belts closes. Now it is rubbing. 

Baseball is almost over.  :meh:

Dentist today with Tj. Time to fill some cavities. And pay out more money. Of course I have a dental credit card, which they don't take. :roll: And they do take Care Credit, which I just got for my MRI, but i only have $200 left on that, so maybe they can break up the payment and I won't have to pay all in cash today. Ugh. So much for paying down debt. Let's just add to it.

Time to drop the hammer on Q paying up some stuff. :mutmad:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-03 10:17 AM
Q definitely needs to step up.  Hope you get some help.
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2017-10-03 4:38 PM
Ugh on the cavities.  I have to go get a filling redone tomorrow after work, and I'm not looking forward to paying for that. :cry:

Step up, Q!!!!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-03 10:29 AM
Sunburst registration opened for next year.  They do not have the marathon listed as a race option.  :cry::mutmad::mutmad:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-10-03 10:33 AM
Are they doing away with the marathon? That has been a long going race hasn’t it?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-10-03 10:36 AM
It seems like they are.  All the other distances are on the site and the pop up registration menu but not the marathon.  It caught my eye when they listed the start times for races starting with the half marathon.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Too early Tuesday RTTs