Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekender Thread (RR/NRR)
- - By swandive Date 2017-09-30 9:57 AM
RR
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-09-30 10:01 AM
I ran for just over 3 hours this morning, my longest run since spring.  16.55 miles, because the route ended up being about a half-mile longer than I thought. :blush:  I eked out a 10:59 pace, which isn't great, but I thought I was even slower than that.  I felt very slow. :laugh:  My feet were definitely hurting by the last few miles, which is a bit odd given that my shoes are almost brand new but they're the same model I've been wearing for several years now.  Oh well.  Maybe a nap will help. :laugh:
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-09-30 3:28 PM
Weird about the shoes; but maybe you've just been on your feet a ton this week?  Good job on the run!  A nap helps everything!
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-09-30 5:57 PM
The nap helped a lot of things, but not my feet. :laugh:  I don't know what is up with them.  It's the same socks and shoes as I always wear and nothing weird or different about my route.  I've had some trouble before with the balls of my feet (the more round part on the side of the arch/big toe) developing callouses, but today it's the outer part (toward the little toes) of the ball that's hurting. :wtf:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-30 7:56 PM
Your pace was much better than mine, I took 4 hours to do a tad less distance.

What shoes are you wearing?
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-09-30 5:05 PM
Upper body work out with the trainer this morning.  Seeing progress on getting stronger, feels good.  Should have done some cardio but I miscalculated the time it was going to take to get to DS1's baseball game and there wasn't time between the trainer and when we needed to leave.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-09-30 5:53 PM
Getting stronger is good. :cool:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-30 7:56 PM
Strength training is good. You'll get more cardio in tomorrow, I suspect.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-30 7:42 PM
Longest run I have done since Missoula! 16.2 miles. Hilly, too. I was happy about the shade on the way out until I remembered that it would be sunny on the way back. But a good run, 60 when I left, 83 when I got back to my car. It got hotter.

Had a short chat with a guy who was running a sale from his yard -- 20 snowboards. He said he was selling them because he has had double knee replacement surgery and doesn't expect to snowboard any more. Is there really that much difference between snowboards that one would need 20 of them? Or just "saw it, liked it, bought it"?

I was very happy to get this run done, I have a marathon 5 weeks tomorrow.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-10-01 8:09 PM
Sorry about the continued heat. :cry:  Makes it hard to find use for a snowboard or 20. : pbbt:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-02 9:35 AM
Mammoth should be open later this month.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-10-02 7:18 AM
Maybe the guy follows the bike rule of n+1 : pbbt:
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2017-10-01 2:04 PM
10 mile race this morning and then watched my friend run her first BQ at the marathon :cool: 1 week until Chicago!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-01 5:43 PM
Congratulations to you and your friend -- good luck at Chicago!
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-10-01 8:10 PM
Awesome!  Congrats to your friend!
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-10-01 4:47 PM
90 min of Sychro this morning, followed by 120 min of putting up the sukkah. Lots of fun. So happy the sukkah is up. Our former housemate came to help, and it was great to see him.

Work is doing a wellness challenge where we get "points" for doing things outside and posting about it on an app. So I got an underwater photo at Synchro this morning (we use an outdoor pool) and one of us doing the sukkah, and scored some points!

Now to study for my first Kinesiology exam!
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-10-01 8:10 PM
Sounds like a great day. :cool:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-01 5:45 PM
2.4 this morning before early service. I didn't have time for anything more.
- - By swandive Date 2017-09-30 9:57 AM
NRR
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-09-30 3:27 PM
:cool::grin::happy::grin::cool:  I rode the 30 mile loop with the big mile-long hill!  Yay!!  Beautiful day and it was so great to get to do this route.  I was hoping for a little-old-granny gear, as my granny gear was still a challenge!  :laugh:  But I did it!  I was just deliriously happy!  Had views of the entire front range and there was fresh snow on the peaks.  It was rough at the start as I had some asthma; it was hard to get my HR down out of the upper 170s for a while.  Then after 10 miles, I started the hill and my HR wasn't excessive, even into the wind.  A guy passed me on the hill before the big one and said, "It's hard enough without all the wind".  No kidding! 

In other news: My mac's display is dying.  :cry:  And I have a colonoscopy on Monday morning.  So, it's kind of like a one day weekend.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-09-30 5:53 PM
Woohoo!  That sounds like a gorgeous place to ride.

Colonoscopy prep =/= fun weekend. :cry:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-30 7:43 PM
Not sure which is worse, the mac dying or the prep. Sorry.

Glad you got to do the loop. Snow on the peaks? Already?
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-10-01 6:39 AM
Yes - it can happen at any time of the year; but we had a cold front last week and it was rainy, and so it snowed on the peaks.
Parent - By Gunna Date 2017-10-01 4:09 AM
Sounds like a wonderful ride. :grin::cool:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-30 7:52 PM
Baked three double batches of cookies for tomorrow's newcomers welcome at church. Including Bitch Crack Peanut Butter Cookies which I have been making since Curlygirl posted the recipe in about 2004. Yum. I made them small and put a chocolate kiss on each one.

Pulled a bunch of books out of the Little Free Library and refreshed it with ones that have been donated in the past month and for which there wasn't space before. I think we'll be rotating on a monthly basis -- if it hasn't moved in a month, it gets pulled out and a different book put in. I'll rotate some of them back in down the road. I have three big totes full of books so we have plenty!

And the usual -- laundry, cleaning, homework.
Parent - - By Gunna Date 2017-10-01 4:09 AM
Are many people borrowing books from the library? I think it's a great idea, a couple of people are doing that over here too.

You sound very busy as usual. :grin:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-10-01 5:44 PM
Yes, we are seeing a reasonable amount of activity already, and I think as more people get to know about it we will see more use. Neighborhood reaction has been overwhelmingly positive.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekender Thread (RR/NRR)