Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Quarter end! Saturday, 30 Sep 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-30 6:51 AM
I just love that I no longer have to worry about month end or quarter end closings!

I know some of the Masters are racing today.  Jen and Dave, anyone else?

Post away and enjoy your Saturday!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-30 7:45 AM
Quarter End.  Such an accountant - you make me smile.

We are being treated to another day of gorgeous weather.  I washed the car yesterday and will try to persuade Lee to wax it for me today.  I have window trim in need of scraping and painting - just one on the west side, laundry to get out on the line, and then my bike is calling me.  My goal is an hour-long ride.  Maybe another month and I'll have to put it away for the winter.:sad:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-30 11:12 AM
Hope you accomplished all your tasks and got that bike ride done!

Dawn, you know what else comes with quarter end -- payroll reports!  State tax reports and the list goes on and on.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-30 12:18 PM
With me it was always quarterly bonus calculations for the doctors.  My partner-in-crime-wonderful-office-mate-friend-for-life took care of the payroll stuff.:wink:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-30 9:21 AM
Power walked 3.5 miles and may do some planting today. We too are having a beautiful day. Cool, breezy and 68 degrees!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-30 10:33 AM
lovely.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-09-30 10:04 AM Edited 2017-09-30 10:33 AM
I think Jen's big race is next week. A full Ironman I believe. It boggles my mind even contemplating such a thing.

I ran my itty bitty 5k. 52° and clear. Couldn't ask for anything better.

6 of 33 overall
4 of 12 male
2 of 3 age group 50-59

Garmin measured the course at 3.14 - 8:36, 8:39, 8:44, 1:13, 27:14. If the Garmin is right it was an 8:40 pace. If it was a 5k distance it is an 8:45 pace. Either way it is my best pace in a race in 2 years.

The guy who won my age group took off like a crazy person but as the race went on I got closer and at one time I was just a couple seconds behind. I was going to try and get close and then if I had anything left at the end I would try to make a surprise pass. But in the last three quarters of a mile he glanced back, saw my gray head closing in and he picked up the pace.  He ended up 5-10 seconds in front of me.  All 3 of us in my age group are 58 years old.  We talked for a while afterwards. The guy in front of me was from Maryland. He works for FEMA and was in WV dealing with a couple counties that were flooded this past July. He said is just about done and will be assigned somewhere new but doesn't know if it'll be Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico, or even somewhere else.

My left calf started feeling sore around the 1 mile mark but it didn't seem to affect my running. It cramped up an hour after the race and is sore now. I may have to spend the week on the ARC/elliptical just to be safe.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-30 10:35 AM
Good running Dave!   Hardware?

I love that as runners we meet all sorts of interesting people.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-09-30 10:41 AM
I didn't stick around to see if I got anything. I was meeting a couple guys for coffee so I used some wet wipes to clean off, put on some dry clothes, and booked it over to River & Rails Coffee Shop.  LARGE coffee and a cinnamon roll.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-30 12:19 PM
well  yeah, cinnamon roll beats hardware any day of the week.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-09-30 2:15 PM
Hmmm... I crave both!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-30 11:12 AM
Good job Dave!

Oh that coffee and cinnamon roll sound delicious!
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-09-30 2:15 PM
Awesome running!! Just great! Older and better too! Love that
Parent - - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-09-30 2:19 PM
Had such a fun spin class yesterday. 90" always hard!  My legs r looking better tho. :). But really, my goal is better stamina.

So this week have spun 3.5 hours. Have run once and will run again tonight, around 3 miles. A good workout week for me!

Beautiful crisp air this am! Watching Uga vs TN
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-30 6:03 PM
Wow - your team won big!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Quarter end! Saturday, 30 Sep 2017