Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Feeling better ‘cause it’s the Friday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-09-29 7:46 AM
:grin:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-09-29 7:57 AM
--Well, I don’t exactly know about feeling better but I’m trying to start the day off on a positive note. : pbbt::wink:

--Jillian kicked our backsides this morning. :laugh: Two days in a row. :cool:

--Doctor’s appointment this afternoon and then meeting up with some friends in Springfield for dinner.

--Stubbed my big toe on Sarge’s kennel this morning. Took a piece of meat off the end. :roll:

--Sarge was after something last night. Iowa thinks coons are coming up because of the corn we have stored under the lean two. I don’t know but Sarge was warding something off. He might be a little wimpy when it comes to throwing a punch but that dog has an intimidating bark.

--I guess I’ll be canning some tomatoes this weekend or making spaghetti sauce. :blush: I couldn’t just leave all those tomatoes on the vines. Picked a huge bag of bell peppers too. I’m giving those to my mom.

--I bought 12 cases of canning jars from this friend of my moms. I actually prefer the older jars. They are much better than the new ones. Have had some trouble with new ones cracking. Probably made in China.

--Drove by my old house yesterday. They took out the shrubs I planted between my house and the neighbor’s house to keep the neighbor’s visitors from parking in the grass. Had to laugh because the new owners of my house had a truck halfway parked in that space, plus a car in the drive. Then they had a big, enclosed trailer parked in the backyard, a tent was set up (probably for the kids) and there was another sporty looking truck in the grass alongside the house. :laugh:

--I made some really yummy chicken tortilla soup last night. So tasty. Even better with some crushed tortilla chips and grated sharp cheddar. :grin:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2017-09-29 4:37 PM
How'd the appointment go?  This was for your arm, right?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-09-30 7:50 PM
Well, considering they took X-rays of the wrong body part I’d have to say not so well. Seriously. Before the doctor even saw me and did any sort of evaluation or assessment they took me back for X-rays of my shoulder. I told the technician that I wasn’t there for my shoulder that it was my arm and hand. She was like “well, this X-ray should get some of the arm”. :wtf: After sitting in the treatment room for 45 minutes the doctor finally came in. He didn’t have a clue what the problem might be. Said “there aren’t any nerves in your shoulder that run down your arm”. :wtf::wtf: No shit. I’m not complaining about my shoulder.....for the second time! :mutmad: Does anyone listen? He ended up sending me home with a $65 wrist brace---that I probably could have bought on Amazon for ten bucks.....and ordered a nerve conduction test. I haven’t scheduled that appointment yet. I’m not sure I’m going to go that route. I do know that I will refuse to pay for shoulder X-rays when that had nothing to with why I was there. BTW, my shoulder is fine. Surprise, surprise. :roll:

Am I just super picky or do I just have really bad luck with doctors?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2017-09-30 10:10 PM
Wow. That's incredibly bad. :cry:  I'm sorry that was a complete waste of time. :sad:

And no you're not picky. One has a right to expect basic competence, like examining the correct body part at a bare minimum. :mutmad:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Feeling better ‘cause it’s the Friday RTTs