Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 29 Sep 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-29 6:40 AM
Today is National Coffee Day!

Tell us about your favorite cup of coffee?  Is it the coffee itself, the company you share it with, or what you eat with it, the place you drink it?  

Post away...
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-09-29 6:59 AM
Coffee: Anywhere, anytime, with anyone.

I'm happy to say I stopped at the gym (ARC & weights) on the way home from work yesterday. After skipping by on Tuesday I didn't know if I would stop again or not.

This morning I went back to the gym and worked out on the ARC trainer. My calf seems back to normal so I should be ok in tomorrow's 5k.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-09-29 7:52 AM
Cool on the healthy calf. Have fun tomorrow.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-29 8:27 AM
Yay, happy calf.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-09-29 7:52 AM
Coffee! On my 2nd cup. Been drinking Lavazza coffee. Get it from Amazon.

Running 8 miles at lunch time today.

Today is Mary's 14th birthday. I joined the old RW Masters forum when Sam was preggo with her.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-29 8:04 AM
Happy Birthday to Mary!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-09-29 8:11 AM
Was it here or somewhere else that I thought I heard RW was shutting down its forums?  Maybe it was just a dream.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-09-29 8:25 AM
Here. I posted yesterday about. They shut down the forums and switched to FaceBook Groups...whatever those are.

We recently closed down the Runner’s World forums and The Loop. In their place, we created 11 new groups on Facebook:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-29 8:29 AM
I read it here and on Facebook.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-29 8:28 AM
Happy Birthday to Mary!  seems like just yesterday she was scratching up the van.:laugh:   We get our Lavazza from Amazon and I'm pretty sure you were the one that suggested it.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-29 8:26 AM
I love coffee.  It is good for my soul.  My favorite cup was in London.  We were there for a whole 48 hours and chose not to sleep.  We frequented the same merchant 4 times while we were there.  That pesky "high tea" just wasn't doing it for me.:laugh:

Right now I am missing morning coffee with my girls.  Whenever one or both were home during and after college we always started the day at the kitchen table with a coffee.   It is not nearly as much fun with Misha and Pierre.

Attended a visitation yesterday for a good friend's mom.  She was 102!  That generates a LOT of pictures to share and her sons told her life story with a beautiful slide show.  I raise my coffee mug in "cheers" to a life well lived.

I should run today.  I will run today.  Just not enthused at the moment.  I'm cleaning closets - it will be a good break from that in a couple hours.    Thanks for the daily Marilyn.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-09-29 11:09 AM
Coffee time with kids is something I really like.  I miss Scott being around.   

I bet you will still be running and doing yoga at 102.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-29 1:38 PM
At 100 at least.   That's the plan anyway.   The town where I was born celebrated centennial the year I was born.  I was always sad to have missed it and vowed to live to 100 so I could go to the next one.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-09-29 8:37 AM
Had a terrific run with only a slight bit of walk at beginning and end.  Still slow as heck.   I seem to run better when I get out of the neighborhood.  I was surprised how good it was considering last night was bad.  

WAWA     WAWA      WAWA  COFFEE Wawa made September national coffee month.  All month of September was $1 coffee and size any types.   They typically have about 10 different varieties.  I like Colombian. I buy bags of it there for home, but it's not quite the same.  Our favorite is from Dynamite Roasting Company in Black Mountain, NC.  

Brought home my Ford Flex yesterday. It passed DMV inspection fine.  The DMV inspector had a little fun with me.  He told me it failed.  The tires were too round. 

No big weekend plans.  Headed to NC next week.   Hoping this weather holds up. 

Tom in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-29 9:59 AM
Oh Jeez Tom, I forgot about Wawa coffee.:shocker!:   My 2nd favorite coffee is Wawa that has been Fed Ex'd by Grey Beard Tom.:happy:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-09-29 11:10 AM
I'll have to talk to Santa again.  ho ho ho
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-29 11:12 AM
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-29 1:37 PM
so much goodness!  I just sent the link to Amy.:grin:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-09-29 1:27 PM
I like coffee alone on my porch and with my mom when I get to visit.  Melissa, Ryan, and Makayla do not like it so the coffee is all mine at the house.  With a slice of sweet bread is always.

It's now officially Fall Break for me.  I'm off work until October 9.  Can't believe it's already here.  This school year is flying by.

I ran 6 miles this morning.  Planning on a longish run in the morning.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-29 1:36 PM
Fall break?  You're kidding!  That was fast.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 29 Sep 2017