Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Limping through Thursday RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-09-28 6:25 AM
It is almost Friday!:cool:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-09-28 6:35 AM
Missed y'all yesterday. Super busy. We have our Open House tomorrow at the office. Homemade bbq and homemade ice cream: pbbt: Can't wait!

Foot is meh. No real pain. Can walk so long as I don't put pressure on the heel. Weirdly there is no pain if I'm on the ball of my foot. Kind of creepy actually. The MRI will be Monday.

Looks like the kids might come home a day early. I'm both :sad: and :hug: I could use some hugs.

So much to do that i've just ignored for my foot. Tonight I have to get my homework done but luckily that shouldn't take long. Then I've got to do two loads of laundry. The rest of the house is pretty good but I've got to get the laundry under control. If I get it done tonight then I can chill out again tomorrow. The kids will be home most of Saturday so we'll be able to chill out together. I should see if there is a movie they want to go see.

Spiderman or Ninjago....Hopefully they pick Spiderman.:happy:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-09-28 6:43 AM
BBQ and Ice cream - yummm. Can I come to the open house?

Why are they coming home early? How has your week been? I'm sure it is both nice to have the alone time and kind of sad too
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-09-28 7:18 AM
Sure! It starts at 1130 and goes till people leave! Which is hope isn't too late: pbbt:

I don't know why they are coming home early. I offered to keep them after tj's baseball practice and I decided it would be nice to have down time with them. We are always go go go.

Never sad. I don't miss them. For about 30 min I was thinking a hug would be nice two nights ago. But i got over it:laugh: I had planned on doing all this stuff but with my foot i've just sat around. Oh well.  It certainly has been relaxing.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-09-28 8:12 AM
did they ask to come home early?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-09-28 8:58 AM Edited 2017-09-28 9:09 AM
No

ETA - But they will both love being home to play with friends and TJ will probably be attached to me from the first moment for a whole day. Guarantee they sleep with me that night.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-09-28 6:53 AM
Hope you get some answers and relief on that foot soon
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-09-28 7:16 AM
The boot prevents me from tiptoeing so it hurts more than it would but i know the boot is keeping my foot stable. And tiptoeing is bad for whatever is wrong with it.
Parent - - By niteowl Date 2017-09-28 10:48 AM
what is this STUMP GRINDER thing?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-09-28 12:53 PM
Are you just now noticing that?
Parent - By niteowl Date 2017-09-29 6:37 AM
Yes. I guess I am.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-09-28 1:16 PM
stump grinder thing? :wtf::wtf::wtf:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-09-28 6:47 AM
Another day home with B. He definitely has hand foot mouth. He doesn't have a ton of the blisters but he has some on his hands, feet, legs, chin.  Poor guy

Thankfully I've been able to work from home ok. I did get annoyed this morning when I snuck in a quick shower (as he was crying in his crib) that it is BS I have actual work to do and a limited # of PTO yet M never does any real work at work and has a crazy amount of sick/vacation days but I'm the one staying at home trying to work so I don't burn my days.

I haven't worked out in forever and my clothes are barely hurting. Granted it is more from bad eating than the not working out but still.

Glad the temps have dropped although I think it is going to be back to being hot again next week. Getting a lot of use out of the summer clothes!

House is a disaster, I just don't have the energy to deal with it when he finally goes to bed especially since I've been pulling double-duty and also been up super early these past couple of days

Apparently I'm whiney today :laugh::laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2017-09-28 6:53 AM
Poor baby boy :sad: :hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-09-28 7:20 AM
Poor baby. That is painful!

Working out gets harder as a mom. Find a gym with daycare! That was great when Rip was a baby. But not for Tj. No more gym membership at the Y.

:hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-09-28 8:14 AM
the problem is he's already in daycare so much that I'd only do it on the weekend.  and the one I go to doesn't change diapers or bottles or anything so I'm sure he would just throw a fit and I'd have to go get him lol.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-09-28 9:06 AM
Rip even from day one was willing to go with anyone at anytime so I usually had up to an hour. Tj on the other hand, i never would have been able to but I didn't have the gym then.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-09-28 7:56 AM
This is the place to whine. :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-09-28 9:05 AM
Yup! Bring it on!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-09-28 7:56 AM
--We got our living area arranged to accommodate 8’ X 12’ of workout space. I initiated it this morning with a 40 minute Jillian Fat Booster workout. I’m sure I’ll be feeling that later. :roll:

--I guess my sister and brother have invested in a marijuana manufacturing establishment in Oregon. My brother has a friend from college who is a lawyer and he works exclusively with the legalization, etc. of pot. Whatever. Not my thing. Probably be a good investment.

--I think my massage did me quite a bit of good yesterday. I’m sure a little Prednisone, 2 Advil PM and a glass of wine didn’t hurt either. :blush:

--Sitting here having the oil changed on my car.

--Nearly ordered my new phone yesterday and then hesitated at the last minute because something weird about the plan agreement came up. Going to have to call to make sure I’m not getting locked in to anything.

--I haven’t heard anything this week from my Saturday lady so maybe she’s not going to be in town. I could use another Saturday free from work.

--Buying a bunch of canning jars off of a friend of my moms. I don’t know what I’m getting but I told her I’d take whatever she had. She’s selling a case of jars + rings for $4. Can’t beat that. If Iowa can have 6 tractors I can have a hundred cases of canning jar. :laugh:: pbbt:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2017-09-28 8:16 AM
M's step-sister's husband is a lawyer in CA who works exclusively with legalization stuff too. Right now he's working to get some area approved for growing pot  - which works in in advantage because he or some friend/business partner/someone bought land in that area for cheap with the hope/hunch of it being approved. Seems like insider trading to me but I guess that isn't a thing for law!

Where do you store all of your canning?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2017-09-28 8:28 AM
Yea, the lawyer guy my brother is friends with is also an investor in this deal.

I have a tall (6-7’) wire rack that is probably about 4’ wide with 5-6 shelves that I put all the canned goods on.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2017-09-28 9:08 AM
Sounds like a wonderful yummy cocktail of meds:shocker!:: pbbt:

Marijuana seems like a good investment these days in certain parts of the country.
Parent - - By niteowl Date 2017-09-28 10:42 AM
So Fall temps are here!  Hope they stay

Getting pretty depressed. Cant run. Cant walk much and this is my favorite time of the year to be outside enjoying the weather, the trees, the falling leaves.

Thinking by now that my pt isn't doing me any good. Stupid ankle

It's my Friday. You can be jealous
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-09-29 5:17 AM
i know our fall temps aren't here to stay but it is nice for a bit.  Sorry to hear your ankle is causing trouble :sad:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Limping through Thursday RTTs