Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Colder Thursdailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-09-28 5:53 AM
Temperatures lowered a lot!
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-09-28 5:54 AM
Wednesday I was a little more cautious with the knee while running. I did 35 minutes and lots of stretches afterwards. The good news is that the new inhaler has been working really well to control the asthma triggers.
DC (dear companion) and I got books at the sale and I also got a bunch of dvds.
Today will be an early morning run, then grocery. Yoga right now.
Safe and happy runs, All!
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-09-28 6:38 AM
I'm glad to hear that the new inhaler is working well!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-28 9:33 AM
Love book sales. Glad the inhaler is working.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-09-28 2:12 PM
I was just diagnosed in July with asthma and UGH! This sucks. It's way worth that EIA which I've had since 2001 and never had much problems with. I can't seem to get the asthma under control with meds and I'm wondering if my asthma/allergist is missing something. Probably not but since I've never had full on asthma it's freaking me out. I'm now on a 3rd new med (first didn't work, the second I've had for 2 weeks which was a sample and insurance doesn't cover so now I have a THIRD). It sure has made racing interesting these last few races :meh: What med are you on?
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-09-29 4:49 AM
When I get back from today's all day classes, I'll tell you what meds have helped me. :happy:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-09-29 4:52 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-09-29 2:35 PM
Theophylline (pill)
Singulair (half dose) for allergy
Dulera (inhaler) slower acting
Proventil (rescue inhaler)
I'm also on HRT which improved the asthma a great deal.
If I neglect any of those, I'd start triggering asthma attacks.
You can also email me if you have more questions. :hug:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2017-09-29 3:26 PM
Thank you. It's been weird for me because I already had been taking meds for other issues that are also used for asthma. I can only imagine how I would be if I weren't taking those! I have the albuterol rescue which I use before and during exercise. I've used that since 2001 when I was diagnosed with exercise induced asthma. I also have exercise induced anaphalaxys for which I take the singulair and xyzal. And now the regular inhaler which they've switched to advair (I think). Ugh. So many meds.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-09-29 5:17 PM
It has been my experience that when I was a kid, people with asthma were treated after the reaction. Now they treat the inflammation from many different sides and that has helped me a lot. I was using a long ago expired Dulera and I was triggering a lot. Now, after at least a week on the effective Dulera, the triggers have totally stopped. It takes a week or two for some of the meds to work (except for the rescue inhalers, they work immediately).
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-09-28 6:37 AM
I wish.  It's supposed to be 90 here today. :cry:  It's currently sunny and 100% humidity. :roll:

I ran 5.2.  One of my usual routes.  In case you were wondering, I can outrun a track hoe. :laugh:

I have a dentist appointment today, then I am taking my grandmother to the doctor.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-09-28 7:07 AM
Sometimes it feels like the humidity is 150% :cry: And sorry about the heat.
LOL about the track hoe. I misread it for "back hoe" :laugh::laugh: Good work on the 5.2.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-09-28 6:31 PM
A track hoe is the same thing as a back hoe, except with tracks (like you'd find on a tank) rather than wheels and tires.  There was one on the road this morning. :laugh:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-28 9:33 AM
What is a track hoe? Someone who hangs around the track cooing "hello sailor"?

Good luck at the dentist.

And I thought 100% humidity meant it was raining. Does that mean the air cannot absorb any more water?
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-09-28 6:34 PM
See above.  A track hoe is the same thing as a back hoe, but moves on tracks, not tires.

Yup, it means that the air can't absorb anymore water.  It does not, however, necessarily mean it's raining.  100% humidity and no rain is common here. :roll:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-29 11:28 AM
I like my definition of a track hoe better...
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-28 9:34 AM
Temps did not lower here. Expected to be 95 today.

3.2 with RN this morning, nice surprise to have her text. We had a good chat.
Parent - - By BRunR [ca] Date 2017-09-28 10:41 AM
We had a 30 degree drop from yesterday to this morning.
3 miles yesterday and crosstrained this morn with weights and Bowflex multitrainer.
Hopefully 5 this evening.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-28 1:17 PM
A 30 degree drop would be nice but that would still only put us at 65. Grumble mutter.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-09-28 6:35 PM
Jealous of your temperature drop!
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-09-28 6:34 PM
Nice that you were able to run with RN!  Not nice about the temps. :cry:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Colder Thursdailies