Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / This is the end of the WEDNESDAILY
- - By BigTex [us] Date 2017-09-27 7:48 AM
I thought XTs eclipsed topic from yesterday was too good to ignore, so I thought I would bring it back:

"I saw on L&O that RW forum is shutting down for good, moving to some FB groups. Since most all of us started there, when did you start posting to RW, what forum, and why? Plus the usual stuff."

BONUS:  Give me one rumination on doors of any kind.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-27 8:26 AM
Oh yay! I liked the topic too. I started posting to the RW marathon and women's forums in 1998. My first marathon was supposed to be MCM in 1999 so I joined the forums to get advice and stuff. A knee issue sidelined that marathon, but I was hooked on the forums.

Workout: I thought about re-attempting my speed workout from yesterday, but since it's taper I slept an extra half hour and just did 5 slow miles.
Blather: So far today my blender has malfunctioned, a smart outlet has stopped working, and I got the blue screen of death on my work laptop. Can't wait to see what else fails today... :meh:

Bonus: People Are Strange is a good Doors song. Also, the screen door on my front door is currently without a screen, so it's just a frame of a door. Apollo is a good boy and waits for me to open the screen door for him to go out, even though there is nothing there except for air. :laugh:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-27 10:01 AM
As rogere would say, be careful out there!

Taper on!
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-09-27 10:08 AM
Dumb smart outlet...
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-27 10:19 AM
Hopefully, that is all which fails today.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-27 3:26 PM
three things failed. You should be done!
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-27 5:51 PM
I loved your Bios page!:hug:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-27 6:44 PM
i forgot about that page! :laugh:

the rule is three things and then you are done.
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2017-09-27 8:36 AM
Thanks for resurrecting this topic as it is a great one. (props both to you and XT!)

I started posting in the RW Beginners forum in September of 2002. I was lurking there and in Marathons as I was training for my first which I ran in December of 2002. The Marathon Forum at that time was a LetsRun lite with some pretty hardcore people like hillrunner who didn't take any crap and called out people who were coming in for advice on how to run a marathon on very little training. It took a while before I really felt "worthy" of posting in Marathons but eventually moved over there pretty exclusively after RW really messed up the format of the forums and they created this place. I miss the influx of people that found the RW forums through the magazine and it looks like RW is doing away with a number of things as they have also killed off their very nice podcast - The Human Race which I have enjoyed. From what I can see, they are putting all of their energy into Twitter where they flood the place with content.

I felt pretty good when I ran 5 miles yesterday so I joined they guys for the full 10 miles this morning. I gave them my account of the weekend and really felt pretty good although I can tell I need to do my PT exercises at lunch as I could feel things when I was done.

Bonus: We really need to relate the cheap vinyl door on our screen porch. It's something that the builder forced us into buying as things were getting testy and we've never really liked it.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-27 10:04 AM Edited 2017-09-27 10:07 AM
Hillrunner was pretty funny with his big mileage stuff. Hard to argue against him, but years later on running times he had a most difficult time with his first 50k and arepper sort of busted on him for his race pace exceeding his training! :laugh:

RW is going where the money is I suppose, or where there is less cost for them.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-27 3:26 PM
your builder :roll: i'm still mad at him!
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-27 5:52 PM
I couldn't understand how people got so irritated with strangers on the forum for silly stuff.:roll:
Parent - - By BigTex [us] Date 2017-09-27 8:56 AM
I found the RWOL marathon forum in the fall of 2002, not long after I got married.  I had done half a dozen marathons by then, but it was still a revelation to me that normal runners were doing 50 miles a week.  I started upping my mileage and immediately saw results.  One of the first posts I remember reading was a race report from the Philadelphia Marathon by JenB or JenS (or maybe both).  A year later, I ran my PR there.

No PRs this morning.  This was a gym day, but I actually did something different.  I still have the remains of a major blister on my right palm from all the shoveling I did on Sunday.  I didn't want to lift any weights yet, so I just did an hour on the elliptical.

BONUS:  One of the MANY choices we had to make in our big remodel was how to deal with the interior doors.  There would be more of them, and the old ones were crap.  The builder convinced us to go all in, replacing everything with high-end doors and hardware.  I am happy about this almost every day - there is something satisfying about a smooth and solid door.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-27 3:25 PM
we went with the nice doors and hardware here too. It is definitely worth it.
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-27 5:54 PM
I have thought about changing my interior doors (I hate them), but not enough to price them.:laugh:
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-27 9:09 AM
I began posting on the RW forum in 1998.  Can't recall if it was before Sept. when both of our kids left the house for college dorms for the first time or after.  After might have given me more free time for such things :laugh:   I was mostly on Beginners because the other forums seemed to have low activity.  In those pre-Facebook days I recall someone with a screen name of "Beastie" gathering info & photos from everyone and setting them up on a web site so we could figure out (facially) who everyone was & their running interests. 

I taught cycling class this morning & did my usual core & shoulder exercises afterwards.  Class & the gym has seemed more empty than usual recently :wtf:  Numbers will probably pick up just as I begin my "hip hip hooray" hiatus & recovery :roll:

Yesterday afternoon I went to spectate at the 2nd HS XC meet I've ever been to.  I've known the team's coach for ~25 years (originally from when he used to run & was an active member of the running club) and assistant coach who is our current club VP and the "batch" meet was promoted on social media as (assuming wins) extending the teams consecutive "dual" or "batch" meet win streak over 200.  The team usually doesn't run their best runners in this type of meet, holding them back for larger, highly competitive meets held on weekends but in deference to win #200 the coach decided to have everyone run.  Only 7 runners (5 score, 2 more can displace runners from other teams) "count" in the scoring but their team accounted for the first 11 finishers!  They have no seniors on the team.  Both the head & assistant coaches do so as unpaid volunteers.  So now at 201, theirs is the second longest active HS winning streak nationally, second to 354 by a team in North Jersey.  It goes back to 1997, before any of the runners currently on the team were born!

Bonus:  One door closes, another opens!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-27 9:56 AM
MarathonBios! I still have all the source files for that site! That was the second website I ever built, the first was my Geocities site. And this is the second time I'm mentioning that today! :laugh:

Are you going to do a going away playlist for your class before your hip surgery?
Parent - By BigTex [us] Date 2017-09-27 10:18 AM
MarathonBios was great!
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-27 10:43 AM
MarathonBios!  So I must have hung out on the RW Marathons forum some too. 

I hadn't thought about a going away playlist.  I'll only be gone 4 weeks!   I'm thinking of making the Wed & Thurs classes in my last week easy to teach if I don't ride the bike so that I'd have less stress on my hip & the surrounding muscles/soft tissue for a bit pre-surgery.  They will perhaps be stressed enough while poked at & spread apart with forceps during surgery.  "Easier" class would be one without complex "drills", just smooth changes I can sync completely with music tempo rather than specific timing.  Decisions...decisions...decisions!

Of course, I could work a song like this in ..... or maybe this!  : pbbt:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-27 11:12 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-27 6:06 PM
Here's one for your playlist! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr-klwxKhow :laugh:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-28 7:33 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-28 10:44 AM
:roll:
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-27 9:17 AM
That RW marathon forum helped me in so many ways.  It sounds so silly in retrospect, but it helped me when I prepared for my first Boston in 2000.  This will make you laugh, but at that time, most of the big cities I had visited had been in the West, and city / hotel layouts were much more spread out.  I was worried that I'd be stranded at a hotel in Boston and unable to get to a grocery store without having to take a taxi :laugh::laugh::laugh:  Victor Gonzalez ("Ic") assured me that I would be able to walk to a Star Market.  We are still FB friends :hug: 

Boston 2000 was a big disappointment for me.  All these other people had great races, and I read their reports and was :sad:  Stephen Kilburn messaged me and asked why I hadn't posted a RR.  He was so kind and supportive and gave nice encouragement.  He's a great guy, and I still consider him a good friend.   Another RW friend I met was ChrisK, and when we were transferred from Maryland to Plano, TX, Chris said he graduated from Plano High, then after we moved, he met me at White Rock Lake and helped me run through all the neighborhoods. I still think that is such a cool thing he did for an absolute stranger.   And yes, we are still friends, too. 

Today's run was another 5 mile research run, leaving a 10 mile run for manana, but that's just what has to be.  Trivia was last night, and we had a substitute emcee who was very ADD, so the night ran later than usual, plus the usual eating and drinking irresponsibly.  We came in 3rd sort of.  The emcee announced we were second, but two teams tied for first, so :roll:  I began the morning by oversleeping, then found the weather to be even more humid than usual, so -- oof!   Maybe an hour after I finished my run, the sky opened and poured a good half-inch of rain, so maybe conditions will be kinder tomorrow.

Doors:  I got nothin' -
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-27 6:08 PM
Are you training for a race?
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-27 6:56 PM
I'm running a marathon in New Hampshire on Oct 29, called the LOCO marathon.  It's very small, fairly close to DD's place in Boston.  A 2 loop course that directors promise is not be terribly hilly.  (How many times have I heard that before? :roll:)  I am just a bit lost without a race on the calendar, and if I could improve my Boston time, it would be very nice.  Anyone interested?  Anyone?
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-27 8:51 PM
Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-27 9:59 AM
I started to post in RW forum around 2003, in the marathon forum, around the time of my first marathon at VCM.  I guess I was becoming a running addict and needed an outlet. I did some lurking before my first post as I felt like an amateur after seeing how many miles people were running, but then I ran a decent first marathon and felt I had the credentials to contribute. I met a lot of people there, both virtually and eventually in life as well. JenS was my first FE at the Evansburg challenge (trail race in 2003) then I met a whole bunch of people at Steamtown in 2004. BigTex and I likely had an FE on the Philadelphia marathon course in 2003 but didn't know it!

I continued to post occasionally to RW after the first implosion when we all moved to runango, but only in the trails and ultra forums. It was funny how they kept shrinking the "posting box" to make room for ads. There were a few additional changes over there that led to a second exodus of the trail and ultra folks who ended up on running ahead. Since all the forum switches and implosions I rarely posted there after that but from time to time would check in on the ultra running forum. They had sort of a weird thread that ran on and on all year instead of dailies like here, so it was pretty compartmentalized. I'd never post to that but would sometimes chime in on training or race report threads in the ultra forum.

Non-workout: Had my laser therapy at the chiro and quad retaped. Just dog walks today. I might flounder in the pool after work as it's our last "hot" day weather wise.

Bonus: My wife likes pocket doors, but alas our house is pocket door free. We replaced are main entry door several years ago and the best thing we did was get a door with window insertions, sort of blurred acrylic that you cannot see in or out off but it brings in light and make the house look more alive from the outside at night.
Parent - By BigTex [us] Date 2017-09-27 10:20 AM
I am not a fan of pocket doors, though we do have one on a half-bath that would not be possible without it.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-27 10:23 AM
We had pocket doors in our two previous houses.....they always seemed to get slightly jacked up.  Usually, from Lego.:roll:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-27 1:35 PM
laser therapy at a chiro? :shocker!:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-27 3:24 PM
I kind of like pocket doors!
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-27 6:11 PM
I have no idea what a pocket door is and a preliminary Yahoo search has not helped. That being said, they sound cute!:laugh:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-27 10:35 AM Edited 2017-09-27 10:51 AM
Joined RWOL in 2006. When we were moving to Texas, I sought guidance as to exactly where in the VERY LARGE Dallas area we should look for homes and received excellent recommendations!  I ended up moving about 4 miles from Schantzie.:hug:  We met a couple of weeks after we moved in and she showed me where the closest running store was.  Then, she became a surrogate Auntie to the blazerkids, frequently attending their sporting events:grin: until she moved.:sad:  While still living near us, she had us for a BBQ which also included another family.  I had seen the husband out running in my neighborhood about a zillion times, but it was the first time we met in "real life".  That turned out to be Glotz, also from the RWOL!  My kids then babysat for his kids and I now occasionally run with Mrs. Glotz.

100 minutes of pool running this morning.  From 5:30-6:30 am, there is a water exercise class in a couple of lanes of the pool.  It is taught by an extremely fit woman who I believe is about 70.  She joined me for the last 30 minutes of  my "laps" which made the time fly by.  :happy:  Scrambled eggs for breakfast. 

Blather:  I like to live dangerously,:roll: so I usually try all the new Gu flavors (unless they look totally disgusting).  I have tried two of their seasonal flavors.....Toasted Marshmallow and Smores......and they are both awesome!!

Bonus:  The best $800 I have ever spent was when we had to replace our backdoor and wisely chose to add a dog door on the replacement.  No more whiney dogs wanting to be let IN or OUT.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-27 12:09 PM
Gawd I am missing Dallas these days :sad: :hug:

ChrisK and I talked Glotz into moving to Dallas instead of Houston "back in the day."   That was three kids ago :hug: for them.
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-27 1:34 PM
i tried the smores one and thought it was not bad. have you tried that cucumber one? I wish they'd bring back root beer.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-27 5:05 PM
I did try the cucumber one as I really like cucumber.  Was :meh: about it.
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-27 3:23 PM
isn't smores and marshmallow the same thing?
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-27 5:06 PM
The marshmallow is simply marshmallow tasting. The a more Guy incorporates some of the graham cracker taste.
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-27 6:05 PM
Toasted Marshmallow GU? I haven't had a Gu in many years, but that sounds revolting.:laugh:
Parent - - By Tim [us] Date 2017-09-27 10:56 AM
I started posting on the RW forums (L&O) in 2004 following a bad case of poison ivy and a subsequent course of steroids (prednisone) and a subsequent PR (5K) which I suspected was chemically aided. Thus my original name PoisonIvyGuy. After a while I decided to have some fun with it and changed it to The Notorious P.I.G., but then The Notorious P.I.G. was killed in a drive-by trolling and I went back to PoisonIvyGuy. After a few real-life meetings with forumites I started to feel weird introducing myself as PoisonIvyGuy, so I just changed to my real-life name of Tim.

3 miles this morning - a couple of easy loops through the woods

Bonus: A door in not ajar. It's a door.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-27 12:05 PM
I never knew you were PoisonIvyGuy :laugh:

Ha!  I just coached my DIL through a case of poison ivy.  DS is at a week-long sales meeting in LA and of course, she broke out after he left.  One of the odd benefits of living near the border is easy access to basic prescription drugs, and I had left a few prednisone tablets at their place recently.  Se had ignored me when I left them.  Suddenly I get a text asking where they were and how to take them :grin:

It's not a jar -- :groan: :roll:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-27 1:31 PM
i also didn't realize you were that handle before.
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-09-27 3:49 PM
There were crazy people on L&O; I would lurk there occasionally. :laugh:
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-27 6:03 PM
I forgot about the Notorious P.I.G!:laugh:
Parent - - By godogo [us] Date 2017-09-27 11:43 AM
I answered both Dailies yesterday because I like both topics. :blush:

I started posting at RWOL back in 2001 I think.  I was looking for training tips after running my first marathon (chock full of rookie mistakes).  Meeting these people IRL was crossing a threshold that I am still paying for. :roll::hug:

Running after work today before going to my daughter's field hockey game.  My paces have really slowed down.  I think I need to start doing some weight training for my hips.  I just don't seem to have the ability to run hard anymore.

Bonus:  LA Woman.  My roommate in college LOVED the doors and listened to them all the time.  He loved listening to some of their more psychedelic stuff. He also loved his bong too. :roll:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-27 1:01 PM
Meeting these people IRL was crossing a threshold that I am still paying for.
:laugh::hug:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-27 1:29 PM
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-27 3:21 PM
you will pay for that forever. Ha!
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-27 5:46 PM
:laugh::laugh::halo:
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2017-09-27 12:52 PM
I don't remember much from the Runner's World forums.  I was on there and also on Running Times and I think I joined both of them in 2006.  On runango, my first race report and FE was Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon in the fall of 2007.  I ran half that race with "Stevo" from the Running Times forums. He was a younger guy and we both were shooting for a sub-3 (and fell short in the heat). The FE had Corina, Anasazi (Mike), JRB (Jon), and DarinH.  Jon, had a heart scare during the race and was okay (I think it was heat-related).  Angus was supposed to join us but his flight got cancelled and he never made it. I picked up his packet at the race expo and I told them my name was Angus. Then I added, "My parents, just loved cows."  Looking back, I think that was still the hottest and most humid marathon I have run (same day as the Chicago debacle).

2nd day off in a row.  I will run easy tomorrow and take Friday off.

Mrs. Rob is going on a girls trip to Charleston tomorrow. So I am driving to Arkansas early Friday to go fishing. :grin: Any significant fish will be posted on FB.

Bonus: Mrs. Rob picked our front door that is a craftsman style that we painted blue.  I like the windows because on most nights in the summer, tree frogs climb up our door and sit on the little window sill. :laugh: I can look at them real close from the inside. :grin:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-27 1:25 PM
tree frogs! :grin:

good luck!
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-27 3:21 PM
wasn't it right after that race you got stopped by a train?
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2017-09-27 3:45 PM
Yes :cry: and 2 weeks after the train, I got my sub-3. :happy: That was a crazy 6 weeks of running; PR in a heat wave, a PR after getting stopped by a train crossing the course and a PR in perfect conditions.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-28 5:01 AM
I remember that so well. I felt awful for you with the train thing.
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-27 6:02 PM
That was also the day of my PW and sole not sub-4 marathon at TCM. I think I would have been under 4 if my calf didn't pop, but that and the heat was too much.:meh:
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-27 1:24 PM
i started posting in RWOLF marathon forum very hesitatingly in 2004 before i had even run a half marathon. I probably posted a bit in womens and beginners too but marathon took. It's really hard to describe how important the community became and still is and in so many ways even though it is more diffuse.  :hug:

Back to work today and met up with the wednesday am run group for 5 miles. We did a loop that i normally run but we did it backwards from how i usually would run it.  it goes straight up hill the first mile that way and as is usual the day after a chiro appointment, it takes me a bit to get going. oof. that first mile was clompy but then got better. company helped although one of the women who sometimes comes i find a bit off putting as she is VERY into the avocare system. Uh no thanks especially at 5:30 in the morning no matter how fantabulous you say it all is. :meh::roll:

bonus: i would love to replace our front door. it looks terrible from teh inside and the door lock doesn't really work. but i know just how pesky it would be to replace it in our 1924 no-right-angle but totally solid house. So we put up with it.  :laugh: I figure the door handle is a burglar deterrent since we can barely open it, how would anyone else?
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-27 3:21 PM
:hug: It is cool how many real friendships came from RWOL

what is avocare (not sure I really what to know)
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-27 6:48 PM
:hug:

avocare is this nutrition/weight loss management/sports performance supplement and shake system. and if you get into it, you can sell it to all your family and friends and make a lot of money! :grin:

:roll::meh:  i'm sure it works very well for this person but egh. it sounds horrible. and this personal comes from an eating disordered background so i am very leery.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-28 4:57 AM
i understand. There are so many of these shake/pyramid scheme systems out there it is hard to keep track.
While I am not familiar with that, I had a huge fallout with a family member over a similar system (Isagenix) to the point where she has blocked me on all social media. Part of what started the fallout was that I asked her not to contact my family/friends about it.
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-27 6:00 PM
We posted for a long while before we met since we live on opposite coasts. What year did you run RTB? I'm think we met there. I'm sure it was before ABQ.
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-27 6:48 PM
i did RTB 2008 and 2009. i cannot believe it's been almost 10 years. :shocker!::sad::hug::hug:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-28 7:34 AM
:shocker!::shocker!::hug:
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-27 3:20 PM
I can't believe that the RWOL forum is shutting down. I started posting there in 2002 or so, on Marathons. I went back and posted when I was pregnant and became very close with a group of women who run who had kids around the same time I had N.
Feeling kind of nostalgic, the fake friends from the forum have become some of my dearest friends in real life :hug:

run 6 slow as shit miles.
eat homemade pizza tonight. Tomorrow tacos from my fave taco shop-they are sending  all proceeds to Mexico.

bonus we have a really pretty front door that is wood with an arch, and in the arch there are several panes of triple glass. Somehow a few years ago the center glass one of them shattered-i was here, it was just a loud pop. I have left it broken because the glass on either side is intact, and I can't justify replacing the entire door.
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2017-09-27 3:48 PM
Taco Thursday!

After reading through this thread, I was really late in getting on a running forum (2006). What the hell was I doing back then (pre-2006)?
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-27 5:30 PM
Wasting time repeating states. :laugh:
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2017-09-27 8:33 PM
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-27 5:57 PM
I remember the huge Spaghetti Factory FE before Philly  when we met:hug:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-28 4:59 AM
me too! That was my first FE. So many people were there!
Parent - - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-27 5:44 PM
I joined RW in Jan 2003. I decided I wanted to run NYCM 2003 after a friend from HS did it in 2002. I went to spectate and was really inspired to accomplish something. I was looking for training plans while stuck inside on a snowday and stumbled on the forums. I thought it was interesting that anonymous people posting on a website somehow all "knew" each other. People would post their workouts everyday and I found it unbelievable that adults who were not professional runners voluntarily went to a track to do workouts for their recreational running. I HATED track work in high school, so I had to stick around and observe the psychological pathology!:laugh: After a few weeks I finally posted something. It was snarky.:halo::roll: It was to either Ken (Obscure Reference) or Chris (Doughboy).:laugh: I have been unbelievably enriched by the people who have come into my life since joining the forum. I have been to weddings, celebrated births, accomplishments and disappointments with some great friends. I doubt I ever would have thought about running a BQ or the 50 States had I never stumbled on the forums. I've never thought of myself as particularly athletic in anyway, so appreciate both of those achievements as a sign that I don't suck at all sports as much as I thought.

Run 5 mi on the TM. My hip is still sore, but after two failed years, I am trying to get to 1200. I was way behind through April, caught up and created a cushion in the summer until my hip got sore. I am basically back to being at par. I hope I do it thi syear. It seems like so little to do. I basically have to run for the whole rest of the year what I have previously done in one month, but it seems so far away.

Bonus: I am still waiting for my front door to be replaced.:mutmad:
Parent - By BigTex [us] Date 2017-09-27 7:54 PM
That's interesting that a lot of us started with RWOL in the winter of 02-03.

I also found great inspiration from the examples of regular people who "never thought of themselves as particularly athletic", doing so much.  I would never have dared try for Boston without the forum.
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-28 5:00 AM
:hug:

I can't believe I am going to admit this, but when I started posting I found all of you very intimidating!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-28 7:29 AM
Me too!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-28 7:39 AM
I can't believe you did your 50 states so quickly! :shocker!:
Parent - - By godogo [us] Date 2017-09-28 7:39 AM
"After a few weeks I finally posted something. It was snarky"

You became much more prolific after that. :laugh:
Parent - By Eric1970 Date 2017-09-28 4:46 PM
Up Topic Training / Marathons / This is the end of the WEDNESDAILY