Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wobbly Wednesday - 9/27
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-09-27 5:58 AM
Wobbly or not, the day must go on.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-09-27 6:07 AM
Yesterday, at the end of the day, it seemed like things were going wrong all over the system. I got out late and skipped the gym. I felt guilty about that because I knew I would have felt better with a workout.  Today will be spent finishing all the work on the problems.  Hence the wobbly Wednesday.

Getting out late meant light traffic instead of fighting the rush hour nuts.  And parking was free. The gate was up and I saved $5.  I hear that won't be happening in the near future because they are going to metered parking in the garage I use.

I went to the park this morning and ran an easy 3.2 on the gravel loop around the pond. My left calf was sore but runnable. I think I'll try the ARC trainer tomorrow and if it feels better on that than running I'll do the ARC again on Friday. Save my calf for a 5k on Saturday.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-27 2:01 PM
Yea free parking!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-27 6:29 AM
I am up and will be heading out to help with a mailing shortly.  The head of the team is on vacation and I am her backup.  It is a small mailing so only 4 of us are doing it.  Shouldn't take long.

It is still raining and thus my workout will be a video or two later today. 

My town is celebrating Oktoberfest this weekend.  I hope the rain lets up by then.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-27 2:14 PM
send me the rain.   And some German beer.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-09-27 7:15 AM
14.03 miles this morning. 11 mile progression run. 9:00 to 7:40 in 10 second per mile decrease, then last 2 miles at 7:15 and 7:00. 3 mile cool down. All the miles were a bit faster than they should of been.
Not wobbly...yet..maybe later when the soreness sets in.

Wednesday is Date Night. Heading out to dinner somewhere. Not sure yet.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-27 2:01 PM
Just impressed with your running!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-27 7:46 AM
I have to drop some funeral food off at church and since I'll be out I'm going to run at a different park today.  It's a path along the river and is pretty.  I may be running on acorns though and that will make me wobbly.  59 degrees right now - much better than the 90's of the past week.:happy:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-27 2:01 PM
So what did you make?  Your running path sounds nice.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-27 2:11 PM
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24378/green-grape-salad/

I think it tastes better if the grapes are halved so I cut grapes for an hour!  You might get a kick out of this:  The funeral was for one of our Hispanic ladies so it goes without saying, don't bring potato salad or cole slaw because "they" won't eat it.:laugh:  The hispanic ministry ladies were working on the fideo when I dropped off.  Smelled like heaven.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-27 4:28 PM
I saw that salad recipe.  Is it good?

Fideo -- yummy!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-27 4:53 PM
We like it.  It is Jacob's favorite so I make it often.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-09-27 12:38 PM
My kids ran well last night, but only managed 3rd place for 3-4 grade race and 2nd place for 5-6 grade race.  Two of my kids were 1-2 overall in the 3rd and 4th grade race.  I was without my top runner in the 5-6 race and that makes a difference.  I have a few strong individuals with 4 of them being the best in the district in their respective grades, but not deep enough to win overall.

My usual 8 miles this morning.  Felt
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-27 2:02 PM
Yea for your kids and your eight miles!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-09-27 2:53 PM
:happy:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-27 2:13 PM
When they get to high school will they be in a bigger school?  Meaning, will they get the depth when they get to HS, or are they stuck in a small district?
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-09-27 2:53 PM
Our high school is 1500 students and in the largest and most competitive league in the state.  The teams also regularly qualify for state and have a really good coach.  So, they will be surrounded by talented runners.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wobbly Wednesday - 9/27