Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday, 26 Sep 2017
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-26 8:54 AM
Ok -- so what is happening today?  We are receiving rain!

Post away...
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-09-26 9:36 AM
I woke up 30 minutes before my 4:30 alarm and never went back to sleep.  A little more tired than usual when I woke up and almost went for a 3rd cup of coffee before work, but I'm fine now.

We have our 3rd cc meet of the season this evening.  My overall #1 runner is out of town for a funeral.   My #1 fourth grade boy may take another victory for his age group and overall.  The kid is really good.  Elementary cc is exciting like high school.  The kids get excited for their cc meet and talk about racing strategy, maybe even more so than some high school students.

8 miles in all my glory this morning.: pbbt:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-26 11:12 AM
I've been awake at 4am 4 out of the last 5 days.   Grrr.

I grabbed the following off our elementary school cc coach's FB page and I know she won't mind me sharing.  Reminds me of you.  Way back in August she posted: Some times one just have to say nice job. Today was the final voluntary summer practice of saints cross country.These young runners gave up some of their very busy summer To put down a few miles, to learn new running drills, to work on becoming stronger, to get to know each other. TODAY WAS ONE SUCH DAY THAT AS A COACH I JUST HAVE TO SAY WELL DONE. Today I witnessed a young boy run over 4 miles finish with a big smile on his face and then congratulate his team mate on his great effort. I witnessed the girls running as a team helping each other encouraging each other, some cut over 3 mins on a 4 mile run, some cut 3 mins over 3 miles others cut 2 mins over 2 mile run. I am so very proud of all of them. Cross country is a sport where a great deal of the hard work is done when no one is watching. The season officially starts on Wednesday 7th August. a foundation has been set, they are building a team i hope every child who participates will be proud to be apart of . Saints, today you all made my day THANK YOU.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-09-26 12:30 PM
That is great to read!  Four mile run is good running distance for elementary.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-09-26 11:03 AM
Dropped one of the kid's cars off at the garage during lunch and ran home. A meandering 6.37 miles...for Dawn of course...
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-26 11:12 AM
Gracias.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-26 11:14 AM
40 minutes of yoga.  I'd like to  add that same amount of cycling today but it is too darn hot.   Instead I'll keep after the remnants of Hurricane Amy.:grin:  (Lisa too, I just found a bunch of her artwork stashed under Amy's bed.:roll:

and RAIN?  What is that?  We've only had 1/10 of an inch since July.:sad:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-26 11:57 AM
Well I have done my workout videos, cleaned 2 drawers, showered and will head out to see "Wind River" in about an hour.  It is pouring and I am glad the theater is about 2 miles from our house.  Plus we don't need to get on the interstate --practically just right down the road.

I have so many pictures and am wondering what to do with them. I know that my son could careless about them.  So once my husband and I are gone, he will probably just throw them away.  I have given some to my brothers and sister.  I truly want to have only the minimum in my house.  If I have not used something lately, it is being donated.

Dawn, I can't believe that you haven't had rain since July.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-26 12:57 PM
It is sad.  The leaves are going to burn up before they change colors.  It won't be a pretty fall.  I have been watering my new plantings twice a day since Sept 1st.  The stuff I don't care about I'm letting dry up and will try again next year.

I took 4 bags to Goodwill yesterday and have 3 packed so far today.  I'm about 1/2 way through the pile that I know for sure is going to GW.  This is just household goods, linens, rugs that I saved from my mom and my mother in law.  They died within a short time of each other and I suddenly had 3 of everything.  And I wanted to save it for Lisa and Amy's use.  Now that they are both out of the house I can pitch what didn't go with them.  And yes, pictures.  Neither girl wanted those.:sad:   And Lee's dad was a wood worker.....probably 40 custom oak frames lying around that no one wants.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-09-26 2:25 PM

>Dawn, I can't believe that you haven't had rain since July.<

Oh, she loves having the worst weather on the forum. :roll: Always topping my cold Michigan temperatures and snowfall totals. :mischief: Never letting me win. : pbbt:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-26 2:28 PM
It's a tough job Dave, but somebody has to do it: pbbt:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-26 3:48 PM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-09-26 2:22 PM
At the office today. Met the new CIO. Seems like a good guy. Ate way too much over the course of the day. I brought donuts this morning and then we had a deli lunch brought in.  Little bit here and a little bit there and before you know it you are ready to heave.

I'll hit the gym on the way home.

90s today and tomorrow and then relief!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-09-26 7:10 PM Edited 2017-09-26 7:13 PM
I've been doing great until I landed at the hotel late this afternoon. Suddenly, all the stress, worry, happiness and excitement took over and I'm now full of crap.
:shocker!: 

Food. : pbbt:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-09-26 5:26 PM
Greetings from Sheridan, WY!
I did 510 miles today. Oh, wait...... : pbbt::laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-26 6:36 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2017-09-26 6:17 PM
I'm here. I'm a little overwhelmed- struggling with my role transition to primary care provider. Apparently I'm excellent at nursing note documentation but my provider notes leave a lot to be be desired. :sad:  I'm on the difficult end of the learning curve but I suppose if it was easy it wouldn't be worth the effort. I'm looking forward to clinicals in January so I can finally apply my new skills in practice.

Running is going well.

:grin:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-26 6:37 PM
Go Dottie!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2017-09-26 7:09 PM
You've got this, Dottie. Just keep after it. :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday, 26 Sep 2017