Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Thru Weekend dailies anyone?
- - By judyruns Date 2017-09-22 3:34 PM
Post. :happy:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-09-22 3:40 PM
Sorry to be dreadfully late, but I was off to classes in a flurry this morning and did not even get to turn on the computer.
Thursday was 45 minutes running with a friend of mine. I'm doing the requisite exercise for my thighs to help the knee. I've been doing yoga every morning for the last 2 weeks and it has helped my flexibility a great deal. I can do some balance exercises now that were not possible before I started.
Today was a meditation class, yoga class, study of teas class and a formal teas class. A Civil War in Ohio class will start next week.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-09-23 5:39 PM
And maybe NRR as well?  It has been quiet around here!  I have been busy today, mowing, running errands, doing laundry, and vacuuming out vehicles.  I got the flea pills for the dog and gave her a bath with Dawn as well and I've washed all of her bedding.  She's still scratching some, but fingers are crossed that this will work.  The friend I asked for advice said they're starting to see some fleas that are resistant to Frontline (which is what we've been using) so we're going to try a flea collar instead.  Poor dog.  Today is her "gotcha" day.  Not much of a way to celebrate. :cry:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-24 3:22 PM
Poor dog indeed. However, dogs are fairly simple -- if you celebrate "gotcha day" with something edible, I suspect the flea treatment will be forgiven.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-09-25 2:44 PM
We had to give our pup some benedryl to stop the itching after doing all the flea stuffs.  Might be worth a dose or two to help break the itchies.
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-09-24 7:29 AM
I've been social this weekend!  Everything hit at once.  Book club Friday night.  Saturday hike and brunch with friends.  They did 7 miles. I am not sure how far I did, but my knees were very sore afterwards.  1.5 to 2 miles.  I went a bit and then sat on a rock for a long time, then headed back slowly (down is harder), and then sat in a car for a long time.  It was pretty and only rained a bit.  Came home on my bike route and went through a cloud, then pouring rain.  We have a sudden chill around here; rainy weekend and chilly.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-24 3:19 PM
That's a busy weekend! And you are right, down is much harder than up.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-09-24 5:01 PM
Swim in puget sound sat. Synchro followed by four hours of yardwork Sunday. I'm pooped!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-09-24 8:18 PM
I bet!  Go to work to rest up from your weekend? :laugh:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-09-24 8:46 PM
:laugh::laugh: There are some benefits of a desk job. :wtf:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-24 9:39 PM
Wow. That's a varied workout!

Hope it was Puget Sound and not Pungent Sound...though I'm sure that joke has been made many times.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-09-24 8:17 PM
I never got around to posting earlier, but I did run 15 this morning.  Kinda slow run, but I was tired.  I've been busy today, but not doing anything too exciting.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-24 9:39 PM
Yay you on the 15! Nice work.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-22 9:01 PM
I was wondering!

7 this morning. I was on a main street most of the way. I started at 5:15, it was still dark, and about a mile into the run I saw a man walking (nay, staggering) up ahead. Not sure what the story was. He was middle aged, not young, wearing a nice dark suit, very nicely polished shoes, and either has some serious neurological challenges or was extremely drunk. I said good morning, and when he slurred "hi, honey, want to come home with me?" I figured it was probably the latter case. Not too many people try to pick up a runner wearing an old baggy t-shirt, RaceReady shorts with all the pockets across the butt, tatty running shoes, and that incredible fashion statement which is the orange vest with yellow reflective strips. Good run, though.

Kitten pics are posted on RWOL Women's dailies.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2017-09-23 4:05 PM
Good workout! The kitties are so adorable. :grin:
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-24 3:18 PM
10.25 yesterday -- Ok run but I fell a few miles in and now have sore knees, skinned elbow, and a sore neck and right arm (pulled muscles). It always hurts more the day after.

4.5 today before WW and church.

Chasing kittens around the house today --five small kittens can do quite a bit of swarming. Poor Iota. With the five fosters and three other permanent resident cats, he's surrounded by eight females. (DS, with feeling: I know just how you feel, Iota.)
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Thru Weekend dailies anyone?