Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tidsoptimist Thursday - 9/21
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-09-21 8:49 AM
Thought I'd pick a random word beginning with "T" and start the daily.

tidsoptimist - someone who is optimistic about how much time they have (to prepare for something), who is therefore often late
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-09-21 8:54 AM
3.1 miles this morning at the perpetually foggy park.

Still at least 7 more days of temps in the 80s.  Then maybe we can get back to fall weather.  The radio station I had on this morning was actually over joyous with this return to summer.  Someone has a screw loose.

Had a battery go dead in my car. I couldn't figure out how to take it out of the car so I thought I'd jump start it and take it somewhere to get changed. I called around and either was treated quite rude, told they couldn't fit me in, didn't have the right kind of battery, or all they had were GM factory batteries that cost $300.  So I jump started it and drove half a mile to Auto Zone where I planned to buy a new battery and see if they could give me advice on removing it.  Not only did they give advice, they swapped the battery out themselves and they wouldn't even accept a tip.  Good deal.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-21 3:31 PM
I've had good luck with AutoZone too.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-09-21 9:48 AM
I don't think I'm a tidsoptimist most of the time.  I am never late though. 

It's humid and hot today.  CC practice this afternoon.  I'll hear lots of whining from the kids about how hot it is. 

8 this morning.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-21 12:23 PM
Hola!

Power walked this morning -- 5.5 miles!  It was hot and humid but can't complain.   Able to come home to a house with air conditioning and running water.

Went to Costco and ran into two of our neighbors.  One of the couples has had some very unfortunate situations, but they are always smiling and so optimistic.   If they can smile, so can I.

Ok -- have a good rest of your afternoon.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-09-21 4:51 PM
Great PW!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-21 3:37 PM
small crowd today.   

No workout other than cleaning and carrying boxes.   Amy and I washed walls and scrubbed floors and have her bathroom all the way done and her kitchen 1/2 way.  The other rooms are at least clean, tho empty.   She was snapchatting or instagramming  (really I don't understand any of it) pics of her apartment and her freshman year of highschool boyfriend's mother replied with "looks like you need a kitchen table - swing by, I have one I don't want any longer".  Score!

So maybe tomorrow I'll run.   If the heat breaks.  We hit 97 yesterday tho today is only high 80's.    A few weeks back it was in the 40's when I took Misha to the park.   What the heck?
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-09-21 4:52 PM
So exciting about Amy! All grown up. I know this is an exciting time!
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-09-21 4:56 PM
Shorter workday than I had thought! Did a spin class last night. Not my favorite. More of a power spin vs heart rate. But, if I am going to try for 3.5 hrs/week, then this is the extra one I can attend. Will do the 1.5 hr one tomorrow, plan a run Saturday night. Hot here too!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tidsoptimist Thursday - 9/21