Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Trail Thursday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2017-09-21 5:47 AM
Getting out earlier since it has been so hot. : pbbt:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2017-09-21 5:47 AM
Wednesday’s run was 60 minutes but I was really tired for quite a while afterwards. I have started the new inhaler so that has to help at least some. It was hot outside so I was wearing ice in the kerchief. Errand afterward.
Today I’m out to run the trail. Will pick up items at my library afterwards. May do a hike later today. Lecture later at another library.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-09-21 6:47 AM
Enjoy your day! :happy:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-21 9:24 AM
Busy day!
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-09-21 2:52 PM
I'm glad the new inhaler has helped.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-09-21 6:43 AM
Another nasty morning for running.  Sunny and 100% humidity. :meh:  I ran two days in a row (yesterday and today) because tomorrow I'm driving the early morning shuttle to the airport.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-21 9:23 AM
Meaning one of your family members is flying and would rather you drive them than paying for a shuttle or taking transit?
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-09-21 4:59 PM
Mom and Dad are going to visit my eldest sister for her birthday.  Public transit from here does not exist and long-term parking at the airport is uncertain.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-21 11:03 PM
Is that the one in China or the one in New England?
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-09-22 7:03 AM
New England.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-09-21 10:51 AM
Ick.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2017-09-21 5:00 PM
I forgot to mention the air quality advisory. :roll:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-22 2:57 PM
Those are awful.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-09-21 2:52 PM
Gross weather!
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-09-21 5:00 PM
It looks like yours isn't much better. :cry:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-09-21 1:51 PM
Gonna go for a little bike ride outside on the roads. Some back roads, but also some main roads with wide shoulders. I am a little nervous, but I may have a melt-down if I try to use the stationary bike again while the weather is nice.

Flying to NC tomorrow for a smiting event. Twinzilla will be there, and I am bracing myself with my copy of "Codependent No More" and internally rehearsing how to quietly disengage if she tries to confront me. I am not in a good place right now in terms of my confidence. Changing patterns is HARD. And this is my identical twin.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-09-21 2:30 PM
Wishing you strength and self care!
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-09-21 2:39 PM
Hope the bike ride goes well!  If you take the Elephant Rock course, that gets you started with good routes in your area.  Within 2 miles of being on the open roads on Sunday, I was buzzed by 2 vehicles in a row.  :mutmad:  Hopefully, they are more considerate in your area.

Good luck this weekend.  It is very hard and very scary.  It's like your conscious thoughts are all rational and then your inner child is very afraid to do anything else.  You have to comfort yourself and stay strong.  :hug:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-09-21 3:39 PM
Today went well. Traffic was light and I was mostly off the main road. But oh my word...biking on real hills and real roads was a lot harder on my knee than the stationary bike or biking on the smooth rails-to-trails paths! Ooof.

But oh, what a pretty day. It was really nice to get out and explore that loop. Lots of horse farms and kind of secluded and the best kind of Colorado sunny.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-09-21 5:00 PM
Glad you enjoyed your ride!
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-09-21 8:37 PM
:cool:  Today was really pretty.  The hills are so big that it is really hard on the knees, especially near you.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-09-21 2:51 PM
Sending you positive vibes. Try to find an out, such as going to the bathroom if it gets too much.:hug:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-09-21 3:40 PM
That would work. I may have to pee A LOT. :laugh:: pbbt:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-21 11:03 PM
Strength and courage.

Could you nip up to Virginia, kidnap (or kitnap) Lewis and Aretha, and drive home?
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-09-21 2:29 PM
My synagague had an alternate track this morning that was yoga and meditation.  It was great, but didn't feel like Rosh Hashana. Luckily, tomorrow is another service and there are few enough people that it will be more my speed.  In the meantime, I had a nice yoga session this morning!
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-09-21 2:53 PM
I didn't know you went to yoga at your synagogue! Cool.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-09-22 11:17 AM
It is Rosh Hashana and they are trying to get people engaged who don't like traditional services.  It was good yoga, but not the right Rosh Hashana experience for me. So today will be regular services.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-09-21 2:50 PM
I ran 3 miles this morning. I wish the warm weather would go away. I am so ready for fall. Not sure if I am going to run tomorrow or rest. I always run on Saturday and I am not sure if three days in a row is good.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-09-21 5:02 PM
I'd say listen to your body.  [Not your head -- your head is likely going to be perpetually whining about being tired, but if your body would benefit from a run or if it's tired, listen to that.]
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-21 9:24 AM
Not so hot here today, cool and rainy, but momentary respite. Heat comes back in starting tomorrow and peaking early next week.

I managed 3.2 this morning and hope to get to the gym at lunch though I may be taking the first bus if we have a new litter of weanling kittens.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2017-09-21 2:53 PM
New kitties!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-21 11:05 PM
Luby, Lara, Lemondrop, Lollipop, and Lasagne (already nicknamed Lizzy) are now quartered in the front bathroom. :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Trail Thursday dailies