Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / How do you spell Wednesday's daily?
- - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-20 1:31 PM
Good afternoon runangoers!  Let's try to squeeze in a daily.  Tell us about your workout and then if you'd like, tell us if you're good at spelling.  Are there particular words that can trip you up?  Has auto-correct or spell check ever betrayed you :shocker!:

Tell us also about food, drink and plans for the rest of the day, etc.  Improvise if necessary.
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-20 2:05 PM
Workout was teaching cycling class & then the usual core & shoulder exercises.

I'm ok at spelling.  "Twelve"...I always think there should be an extra e after the l :roll:  Not so much auto-correct as when I type a character on my phone that is right next to the edge & my fat fingers hit the character next to it instead :mutmad: 

Spent some of this afternoon putting next week's cycling classes together.  First class of Fall on Monday so some of my playlist will reflect that (I'll post it in a reply.)

Ran into the guy (Bill) I know at the gym who had one hip replaced last spring & will have the other done 2 weeks after me.  He experienced a lot of cutting & long recovery from the 1st one :sad:, then got a rec. for a different surgeon for the other hip & has a much better vibe from this surgeon than the first.  Both are in a highly regarded practice (Rothman) in Philly.  I have the same surgeon as he'll have for hip #2.  I had picked the surgeon based on a good friend's experience with him, before I found out Bill was also using him.    We were both surprised my surgery date is earlier than his since his was scheduled before I even had an appt. with the surgeon...likely I got in due to a cancellation.  We can compare recovery notes...

Pasta & meatballs for dinner tonight. 

Can the team with the 2nd worst record in MLB beat the team with the best record, 3 games in a row?  Since I got up at 4:30am, will I be able to stay up tonight to find out? :laugh:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-20 2:07 PM
First class of fall playlist:

Song               -   Artist
Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) - The Byrds
All the leaves are Brown - The Mamas & the Papas
Different Colors - Walk the Moon
Change of Seasons - Sweet Thing
Cough Syrup - Young the Giant
Levitate - Hadouken!
Papi - Jennifer Lopez
Gold Dust Woman - Halestorm
The Phoenix - Fall Out Boy
I'd Love to Change the World - Ten Years After
Addicted To You - Avicii
Human - The Killers
People Like Us - Kelly Clarkson
Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day
Meet me on the Equinox - Death Cab For Cutie
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-20 2:36 PM
How reassuring to find someone who will be working with the same, and better-recommended surgeon.  Instead of a training partner, you'll have a recovery partner! 

Great playlist BTW :laugh:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-20 2:13 PM Edited 2017-09-20 2:19 PM
Today's daily is brought to you courtesy of my fumbling with spelling the word "handkerchief" last night at trivia :wtf:  I passed the answer sheet across the table so someone else could write it, and suddenly none of us could get it :grin:  That happens to me sometimes.   What should be a fairly simple word suddenly looks wrong, and I'm struggling to get it spelled correctly.  I'm not talking about "their" or "they're."   It's more close misses, for example "separate" (I used to try to spell it "se-per-ate" :roll: or "conscience" vs "conscious."  Actually, last night it didn't matter anyway because our answer was completely wrong had nothing to do with a handkerchief.  Oops.  It was a contest of attrition -- we missed fewer answers than only one other team and so came in second.  It was frustrating, but hey, we still won $25 in food/drink, so we'll have to go back again next week to consume and defend :cool::laugh:

Betrayal by auto-correct:  I almost submitted a graduate-level paper with a very important letter missing from the word "public" as in "public education."  "Pubic" is also a word, and it gets through spellcheck without issue :shocker!:  Fortunately I asked a colleague to proof-read, and he caught it.  It was very embarrassing though. 

As much as we enjoy trivia, it always makes Wednesday morning's tough because we've been out late and eating delicious but unhealthy food.  This morning's run was five tired miles after yesterday's kick ass 10-miler with five one-mile intervals with half-mile recoveries.  It was also very humid, so the whole workout was a beat down.  I had a nice, healthy salad for lunch and am being pretty lazy this afternoon.  That's about it from here. 

I don't know how to even begin to deal with sadness about both Puerto Rico and Mexico City :sad:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-20 2:58 PM Edited 2017-09-20 3:06 PM
I hate spell check as I was trained to be a Look It Up In The Dictionary person.  I keep one on my desk and probably use a couple of times a week.  My third grade teacher, Sr. Eugenia:roll:, told us that when we look a word up in the dictionary, we should scan the page, find a word we don't know and learn the definition.  Over 40 years later and I still have this habit!

Blather:  Is it "spell check" or "spellcheck"?  I looked this up in my dictionary, but since it was published in 1983, it is not in there as this word/phrase did not exist then!  Yes, I have been carting around the same dictionary since 11th grade!

Slept til 6:15 this morning and will do 60-90 minutes of pool running tonight.  I did 75 minutes last night at the neighborhood pool.  Luckily, I was the only one there so I was able to put my music on speaker on my phone, which helped with the boredom. 

Only other plan is some quality mother/son time as we plan on watching last night's episode of American Horror Story.
Up Topic Training / Marathons / How do you spell Wednesday's daily?