Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesday Tra-la NRR
- - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-09-19 2:35 PM
Hola, todo el mundo! What is happening?
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2017-09-19 2:41 PM
Smuggled the neighbors' barn kitty to the vet today, and found out he has a rather large ulcer on his cornea. It should heal fine with antibiotic drops. This kitty is such a love-bug: he was great at the vet's and they fell in love with him. He needs drops 2-4x/day for about a week. He is over here enough that that should not be a problem. I am really glad we took him because the ulcer was clearly not healing on its own. He got some numbing eye drops for the examination and you could see his whole face relax as the pain went away.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-09-19 2:53 PM
Aww, I'm glad you took him to the vet and that he should be ok. :hug:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-09-19 3:34 PM
:hug::hug:
Parent - By elmtree Date 2017-09-19 3:37 PM
Do they know you took the cat?
Parent - By tritri Date 2017-09-19 7:27 PM
:hug::hug:  Awww!  So glad you took him.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-20 11:55 AM
Oh, poor cat. Glad you took him in. Even if the pain relief was temporary it had to be such a good feeling for him.
Parent - - By tritri Date 2017-09-19 7:29 PM
Yesterday we talked about toilets, today more poop talk! A Jogger Dubbed The "Mad Pooper" Is Terrorizing Colorado Springs  :shocker!::laugh:

I went and did 3 hard laps in the park, a tempo ride.  I'm worn out!
Parent - - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2017-09-20 9:05 AM
that went absolutely viral.  I saw it so many times on my FB feed! :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2017-09-20 2:33 PM
I've seen it a bunch too and it makes me laugh (not that someone is doing that but the fact that it is viral)
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-20 11:57 AM
Wow. And....WHY???
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-09-20 7:36 AM
...when your 40 minute commute turns into 2+ hours because you forgot the computer at home, and didn't realize it until parked at the office :cry:   (And, of course, getting out early to beat the traffic no longer applies :meh:)
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2017-09-20 9:29 AM
:cry::cry:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-20 11:59 AM
Last time I did that I went home, which involved a train, a bus, and a car, and put up a message that I was working from home that day, since I wasn't about to drive back down to the train station and try to find parking. Sorry about that.
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-09-20 6:35 PM
I had to be downtown for a 20 minute dog & pony I was giving.   I also *had* to have the computer, which the slide deck was stored on. :meh:  It ended up being ~3 hours in traffic.
Parent - By swandive Date 2017-09-20 7:31 PM
:cry::cry:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-21 9:21 AM
Oh, that stinks. Yes, if you are giving the presentation and your computer has the presentation on it, you don't really have the option of calling it in.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-09-21 9:41 AM
This is where I love that we now use cloud based computing. I had the opposite/similar situation yesterday - a meeting first thing close to home and left my computer in the office. The drive wouldn't have been 3 hrs (this is Winnipeg) but it would've been rush hour and meant a very early start. Instead I was able to download everything I needed onto my ipad from home and use that instead.
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-09-21 12:35 PM
I do have a cloud based option, but my work security is such that I cannot log into the cloud from any computer, only from specific, pre-approved, computers they provide.  

The long and short of it is that I screwed up & it sucked, and I'll probably not do it again for another 10 or 15 years because the lesson was painful.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-09-21 2:48 PM
Oh I hear you - I've been there. But thank god we finally got a CEO who wants to aim at bring-your-own-device so is really proactive in making data accessible. Doesn't mean we don't have to jump through hoops, but it is at least possible
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-21 4:14 PM
Whereas I object to BYOD because why should I have to buy a device for the convenience of the firm? They can darned well supply one if they want me to have one.
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2017-09-22 7:15 AM
I'm in this camp.... and this is why I'm carrying 2 cell phones at the moment.  :roll:    But also, because they want to install tracking software and remote shutdown software, and other spy software & I don't want that on my personal cell phone.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-22 3:02 PM
Amen. I want to be able to access websites that I might not want the company knowing I'm looking at. (No, not those ones. Mostly the career/job sites.) Also the company forbids absolutely any file sharing methods without explicit permission, and sometimes I need to access things like the Food Forward "ready to harvest" document that is in Google Docs.

I also carry two cell phones.
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2017-09-22 8:07 AM
The idea is that they provide the money but you can pick what kind of device (within certain parameters) - it started because our CEO is a Mac lover while we provided PCs. There's no intention that you'd be out any cash.

With all the travelling I do I love the idea - I don't really have a personal cell phone and I use my work Surface for my studying/personal use. I appreciate the privacy concerns but having multiple devices and phone numbers is too complicated for me and I figure the US government is spying on me regardless - I just don't do anything immoral or illegal :wink: I have SIM cards for the US & UK and a flip phone I put my Canadian work SIM into when I'm overseas but in Canada I use theirs - my thinking is why should I pay for a cell phone contract in a country I'm in due to work, and equally why should I have to pay international fees to use my own-country one.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2017-09-22 10:29 AM
Not all companies provide $$ for BYOD.  They literally mean bring YOUR OWN device.  My last and current company provide a monthly stipend for my cell phone.  It's not enough to buy a device, but it's enough to cover my monthly bill.  Personally, I'm ok with that because I can carry one device and the cost for my personal cell phone is just the device itself.  I bundle my plan so my stipend covers my phone and my ipad cell service.
Parent - By Nomad Date 2017-09-22 11:55 AM
Ours definitely provided $$ in the original plan, but then we got mega-hacked and had to shutdown worldwide without any notice and redo all our security (the day before I went on vacation so that was the most amazing vacation ever!) - since then they've worked hard to have a secure cloud environment so we can work from our own devices to a large degree but still provide hardware as before in addition.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2017-09-22 3:05 PM
Whereas my employer's idea is that the employee buys the device, the employer merely provides access so that the employee can do work on his or her own time. BTFAL.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesday Tra-la NRR