Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday Ahoy Me Maties.
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-09-19 6:32 AM
Guess what today is....the ever popular International Talk Like a Pirate Day.   Keep yer britches on and post away.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-09-19 7:00 AM
I was trying to decide whether to post here or on oncearunner's daily thread.  She was first, but you has the pirate theme. It was going to be a tough choice, but then oncearunner's post disappeared and made my choice easy.

I'm involved in a couple projects at work that are making me dread things.  That dread drips over into all of life and I could barely make myself go run today. I managed to get dressed and drive to the park, but even then I almost didn't run. I started my watch and started walking. I had just about convinced myself to turn around and go home but then I forced myself to break into a jog. My motto was, "3 miles is better than nothing". 

It ended up being a good run.  3.1 miles and it was pretty sproinky.

Wish I could say the same for work.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-09-19 7:12 AM
3.1 miles is way better than nothing. I hope something good happens at work for you!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-09-19 7:48 AM
Your brain will thank your feet later today for those 3.1 miles. Hopefully your colleagues and computer will too.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2017-09-19 8:06 AM
Alas, I must have driven Marilyn and her daily into the depths of the unknown. 

Thar she blows, Jose churnin off Jersey.  The breezes a a blowin, the sky be swirlin, the humidity be suckin.   I did my runnin and walkin but did not have to walk the plank.

I'm sitting on the front porch and a tiny spider has a web and somehow caught this giant ant in the bottom of the web.   I just watched 20 min of a great battle.  The tiny spider finally won out.  He will probably invite the entire neighborhood for a feast. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-09-19 8:09 AM
Fire up the Weber and have some Spam & ants.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-19 12:16 PM
I saw your post and found it much better than mine, so I deleted mine.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-19 9:20 AM
I can talk like a pirate but I can't type like one:laugh:

Slogged 3.2 (the Naff 5k) in pea soup.  At least I didn't need sunblock.  

Quad Cities Marathon is this Sunday: highs expected near 90.:shocker!:  Pretty darn happy not to be a part of that this year.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-09-19 9:38 AM
Good day Scallywags.  It's raining here.  I need to make a decision about our cc meet this evening.  Skies are supposed to clear with a 35% chance of scattered storms at race time, then tapering. 
I need to go check out the course.

8 miles this morning.  What's new Mr. Magoo?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-19 9:52 AM
I hope the course is dry Mike.  Good luck to your kids!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-09-19 12:19 PM
The meet is a go.  Rain chances have dropped.   I ran the course during my lunch.  It's wet, but no standing water or mud.  Thanks!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-09-19 11:56 AM
6.21 miles for my Dawn 10k Nooner
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-19 12:12 PM
:happy:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2017-09-19 12:15 PM
My goal in life is to make you Happy
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-19 1:12 PM
:happy:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-19 12:18 PM
Can't talk like a pirate. But I will tell you that I PW'd this morning, just finished cleaning my kitchen and now am taking a break.

Nothing much to see here.

Enjoy your Tuesday!
- By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-09-19 7:13 AM
Lazing around. Achilles better. Going to chiro today. Can't think of a pirate phrase!:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday Ahoy Me Maties.