Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday 9/16
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-09-16 9:11 AM
Hope our racers did good today.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-09-16 9:16 AM
It was the Dawn 10k for real!

Not for me, a rest day here. Driving about two hours to AL tomorrow to see a friend and her mother. Will run on am
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2017-09-16 9:18 AM
I ran 3 this morning and I remembered my headlamp.

dnaff had a 10k today. Weather looked iffy out that direction.

ijen has some kind of race today. I assume it's a tri, but I don't know the distance.

I'm watching a triathlon on TV. ITU world series, Rotterdam, women's grand final. Really just waiting for football to start.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-09-16 10:51 AM Edited 2017-09-16 10:55 AM
No good football on here today. Just the big colleges pummeling the poor little guys
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2017-09-16 11:09 AM
Hey gang I got first, second, and last!!   The Masters overall was in my age group so even though I came in 2nd to her I got the 1st place award.  And, because we were the only 2 in the age group, of course I got last as well:laugh:    And my husband also came in 2nd and last in his group.   Low turn out today because there was a duathlon the next town over and that took a ton of people away.

The race director said he thinks next year he'll add a 1/2 marathon to the 5 and 10k mix and move it out into October when there are fewer competing races.  I'd be up for that.  Never run a 1/2 that I didn't have to drive an hour to get to.

Heat and humidity prevailed.  High 70's for the 9am start.  I did well with my pacing thru 4 miles but in 5 and 6 I had to switch to a run/walk combo.  Mile 5 was on the canal towpath, blazing sun and not a breath of air.  I was so thankful to turn into the shady park (cc course) for the last mile.

We got sunblock, coozie cups, wrist bands, first aid kit, a long sleeve dryfit and a weirdo buff thing in our race packets.  Awards were insulated water bottles - really nice ones!  The buff thingy can be a neck gaiter, a balaclava, a hat, a headband, a ponytail holder, or an extra layer around your midrift depending upon how you tie it.  I'm having a lot of fun with it!  Thanks for reading my race report.  Now Jen, it's your turn.  I hope you kick some butt.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-16 1:23 PM
Congratulations!  So did were you awarded all 3 prizes?
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2017-09-17 11:01 AM
This sounds like a race that really cares about the running community.  I have three of those buffs given out at a local 50K over the years.  I love them.  Way to go out there, Dawn!  October should make the race cooler and perhaps prettier with the fall leaves.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2017-09-17 5:18 PM
Yay!! Great pacing, award, and swag!!
Parent - By ironjen Date 2017-09-18 7:46 AM
:cool:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2017-09-16 1:38 PM
Power walked this morning and getting ready to head to the UTSA football game for some pregame festivities.  Looking forward to it.

Enjoy your Saturday!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday 9/16