Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Put your foot in it, or Tuesday's Daily
- - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-12 8:44 AM
Hi there !  For today's topic, see if you can recall a time when you really put your foot in your mouth :roll:, then tell us about your workouts, and whatever else is going on in your world today, including food, drink and blather.

Bonus:  Tell us about your feet:  big, small, flat, arched, achy, beautiful, make something up!
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-12 9:21 AM
A couple of weeks ago, I was spectating near the finish line of the Pikes Peak Marathon.  A woman came up and started cheering with me, and we struck up a conversation.  She'd run the race herself many years ago and was telling me about it.  She was fun and pleasant.  After a while she said she was going to go buy some lemonade from some kids up the block who had opened a little stand, and she wandered away.  Shortly after she came back, a sketch-looking guy showed up and started talking to her about random stuff and just kind of moving into what I considered her personal space.  I mean, this is Manitou Springs, and the community has a reputation for attracting hippy-like characters.  Being the kind of person who apparently just can't stay uninvolved, I suggested to my friend that we cross the street to get a different point of view.  She agreed and made it to the middle of the street, which was the far side of the running lane, then said she didn't want to go any farther :wtf:  That's when I leaned toward her and said in a low voice "I was just trying to give you a chance to get away from that guy that keeps following you."  Her reply:  "Him?  Oh, he's my son!!"   :shocker!::shocker!:  Agh!!  First, she didn't look old enough to have a son as old as this guy looked and second, they just weren't acting like a mother/son, even though I'm not sure there's a standard of behavior as such.  Anyway, I laughed and apologized many times.  They were nice about it. 

Workout:  It's been a busy few days for me.  I got in my 20-miler on Saturday without much incident.  What motivated me through the last couple of miles?  The idea of getting out of the sweaty shorts that were slapping at my legs :meh: Bleah.  Yesterday was 8 x 1/2 mile repeats.  It was a good effort, but very tiring, so today I'm taking my SDO :cool:

Blather:  I went to the dentist yesterday and had an x-ray.  No cavity.  Of course that's good news.  It's also a little embarrassing, but hey, given my choices, I should choose being embarrassed.  The dentist said it could easily be sinus-related since the problem tooth sits immediately below the sinuses.  When I left, the admin at the desk said she didn't know whether or not there would be a charge for the visit, but if there was, she'd just send the bill.   I'm starting to gain more faith in my dentist. 

Bonus:  I have long, flat, skinny feet that need a pedicure, but I don't want to invest the time or money in making that happen.  Really, around here, pedicures aren't that expensive.  It's more just the time and embarrassment. :laugh:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-12 11:17 AM
I view pedicures as a way of supporting those who do it as a living. That makes it easier to shell out the dough, which I agree, isn't all that much to us, but can be to the service provider.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-12 2:26 PM
Good point!  I heard a feature on NPR about actress Tippi Hedren, whose charity work included visits refugee camps in California after Saigon fell.  The women there admired her beautiful nails, and Hedren responded by providing a manicurist to instruct them, and eventually this led to a large group of refugees who became self-sustaining by learning this skill.  I know there are down sides to the industry -- toxic fumes, etc., but like you said, it provides income to people willing to work, and I think it's a great story.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-12 11:18 AM
8 x 1/2 mile repeats two days after a 20-miler? :shocker!::cool:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-12 2:31 PM
:meh:  I didn't want to take a day off on Monday.  I didn't want to have another 5-miler.  I sure as hell didn't want a 10-miler, so this was something different and in segments, so I could decide whether or not to continue after each one.  I haven't done speed work yet in this cycle, so I knew I wouldn't be too crazy.  It felt pretty good getting myself to move faster for just a little while.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-12 12:57 PM
You are like the hypochondriac of the dental world!  :laugh: : pbbt:

I am tired too after reading your recent workouts. I am feeling bushed after trail jogging 5 miles these days. :blush:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-12 2:33 PM
I really was embarrassed.  This happened once before, but not with the same dentist, so shhhh!  Don't tell.  DH has to spend a lot of time and $$ at the dentist, so maybe I'm just paranoid, but dental work, like plumbing trouble, never gets better by waiting.  The peace of mind was worth something.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-12 3:14 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Best gaffe ever!:hug: I would have paid to see that!
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-12 3:55 PM
:laugh::laugh::hug:

i'm glad you got the tooth checked out. and now it's nice to have a good dentist that you trust. :happy:
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-12 9:58 AM
At a party during college some friends introduced me to a guy (not in our school) who was from my hometown (~35 miles away in a neighboring state).  The guy asked me where I went to HS and after I told him, he asked what I thought of one of the teachers, Mr. Howe (a Latin & math teacher).  I said while I never had Mr. Howe as a teacher the general opinion of him was he was a curmudgeon.  The the guy tells me Mr. Howe is his father. He was definitely baiting me.

SDO today.  Will do shoulder exercises if i get sufficiently motivated :meh:

Bonus:  I used to have high arches...they are less so now.  I have never lost a toenail from running!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-12 11:15 AM
As the daughter of a curmudgeon, I am sure the guy already knew this about his father!
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-12 12:55 PM
You never lost a toenail because you never ran Massanutten 100! The only race that took my toenails.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-12 1:20 PM
:laugh:  I didn't!

Surprised I didn't lose any at Steamtown.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-12 2:34 PM
That guy completely set you up :mutmad:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-12 11:07 AM
When I first came to my current job, I didn't know all of the members of my teams or their roles or any of the politics surrounding anything, and I was in a meeting going over a project brief for a website. This document laid out the business objectives for the website, who the audience was, assumptions (# of pages, what content was going on the site, etc.), and then key performance indicators (KPIs) for the site, basically measures of success that would show us if the website was successful. Typical KPIs for a website are # of visitors to the site, time spent on site, # of pages they visited, downloading content, etc. However, in this brief, the KPIs listed for success were "if we deliver it on time" and "if the client likes it." :meh::roll: I very loudly scoffed and said, "who wrote these KPIs? This is ridiculous!" :shocker!::laugh: and the person next to me very politely asked what appropriate KPIs would be, and I told him. It turns out that HE wrote the brief, and he was the highest level account person on the business, and I had just very publicly called him out and showed that he didn't know anything about digital projects. :shocker!::laugh: I can laugh about it now, because he and I ended up being friends, and I learned that most of the account people were used to working on print projects (magazine ads, etc.) that didn't have any real measures of success (how can you tell if someone read a magazine ad?), so I was able to adjust my attitude and actually help a lot of folks learn about the new world of digital (which wasn't new but they were lazy and didn't try to learn themselves).

5 miles this morning. Low 50s, absolutely beautiful morning.
Food/drink: I have chicken cooking in the crockpot for burrito bowls for dinner, yum! And I just raided leftovers from a client meeting for a peanut butter cookie and a gingersnap.
Blather: I just finished up a yuge work project, the culmination of several months of work. I am supposed to present it to the client tomorrow, but there is no meeting set yet. :roll: Our main client is in training all day tomorrow, so she wants us to present it to her underling, but I really didn't do all of that work to present it to someone who hasn't uttered a peep in any of our previous meetings which leads me to believe that she doesn't know what's going on. :roll:

Bonus: no one should ever be exposed to my feet. :shocker!::laugh: They are definitely not beautiful, although in high school I was told I have perfect toe point. :wtf: My left foot has a giant scar from bunion surgery, and the second toes on both feet have gross thick toenails and the right one is black. Calluses everywhere. I overpronate with both feet, but the right side pronates more than the left. I used to wear show size 7.5, but ever since foot surgery 7 years ago I am up to size 8 for most shoes. 8.5 in running shoes though.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-12 11:14 AM
Your foot-in-mouth experience is similar to about a thousand I have had at work.:laugh: I am an awful person!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-12 12:54 PM
Your feet sound like a mess... it's amazing you can even run!  :laugh: : pbbt:

I like your calling out the boss stuff, even though it was by accident. I am sure I have done that a time or two.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-12 2:38 PM
You're right to wear bigger running shoes.  One thing I don't miss about selling shoes is trying to convince my customer that their foot needs room to work and to swell. 

Bunion surgery -- that's a mean one, but one of those that's better once it's over.  Few people ever say they regret having it done.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-12 11:12 AM Edited 2017-09-12 11:19 AM
Jeez.....I do this almost daily, so things hardly stand out.:laugh:  A couple of weekends ago, I was a school choir, uniform thing as the boy needed to exchange his choir tuxedo for a larger size. The choir booster club was selling different spirit stuff, one being a t-shirt for the seniors.  I told the nice lady who was working that table I thought my son would like the style of the shirt with the school mascot, Class of 2018 and other discreet blah-blah on the front. BUT, he would definitely hate that the back said, in large letters, "I got 99 problems but pitch ain't one!"  The very nice lady then frowned as apparently, she came up with that phrase. OOPS!  :shocker!:

I have had bad stomach cramps since after Saturday's long run as well as pain in the side of my left calf.  Even if I was tempted to run, the stomach cramps kept me from doing anything, including eating.  Since the calf thing was PAIN, not discomfort, I went to the ortho yesterday for an x-ray as I feared I had a stress fracture.  He said everything looked good, but the area where I was having pain, was where certain muscles (or tendons) meet so I must have stressed them.  He asked if I had been doing anything different and of course, I have been running with a funky stride for a month due to my abductor issue....which is now fine.  Ugh.  All this crap is connected, isn't is?:roll: ANYHOO, I am heading for some pool running on my lunch hour since I still don't feel like eating much.  Good thing I don't have a marathon in 12 days.....no wait!:roll::cry:

Blather:  blazerman just went to his follow-up doctor appointment after his rotator cuff surgery which he had on Friday.  They said it all looked good, but for what they had to do, he won't be able to golf for at least four months.:cry:  Laid-off and not being able to golf is not a good scenario.  He has an interview this afternoon so perhaps if he gets a new gig, it will pep him up.  That said, he feels he is way under qualified for this job and is not optimistic about progressing past the first interview with this firm.

Bonus:  Narrow ankles and since I moved to Texas and always wear open-toed shoes to work, so my feet are almost always beautifully pedicured!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-12 12:51 PM
I am sorry about the stomach stuff. Is it related to running or something else? Get that checked out please. You need to eat.
Parent - By BigTex [us] Date 2017-09-12 12:53 PM
Ouch!  Rotator cuff surgery is pretty high up on my list of fears, and I hadn't even thought of not being able to golf for an extended time.  No work and no golf would suck for sure.  He has my sympathy.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-12 1:21 PM
Echoing XT - you need to eat! Especially 12 days out from a marathon!
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-12 2:46 PM
Pitch ain't one of them :laugh::laugh::laugh:  Oooops :roll:  I busted my 2nd MIL on something like that.  She said one of the other DIL's cheated at Scrabble, and when she told me the word ("coda," a musical term that is in the Scrabble Dictionary) I reminded her that I was the one who played that word in a game with her the previous year.  :evil: :laugh:

Good thing you checked out the calf.  Peace of mind is worth a lot.  I hope it clears up very soon.  And your gut!!  :wtf: ?

Hope Blazerman has some good news soon!  This is a great time of year to be playing golf :cry:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-12 3:53 PM
you are a mess. : pbbt::shocker!::cry: time for an extreme taper? :grin:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-12 5:59 PM
Yikes on the stomach stuff, hope it clears up quickly!

Good luck to Blazerman!
Parent - - By Tim [us] Date 2017-09-12 11:36 AM Edited 2017-09-12 11:38 AM
Dark humor conversation from the other week:

Coworker: I really like your beard. You should keep it. Unless your girlfriend hates it.
Me: My girlfriend loves it! My wife hated facial hair. But she's dead, so guess what? She doesn't get a vote.

(I can be a bit of a bitter widower at times) Coworker wasn't sure if she was supposed to offer condolences or laugh, so we just sort of awkwardly got in our cars and left.

5 miles this morning

My basement is in the midst of a transformation from "younger kid play space" to "teen hangout space". I'm psyched! I have an incentive to do this, since it will hopefully keep the teens out of my living room where they eat, leave candy wrappers on the floor, and generally trash everything.

Bonus: My feet are ugly (a few toenails are perpetually black/purple and in some stage of falling off) and embarrassingly large (size 12). But...last night I was barefoot in the basement and stepped on a screw and it got stuck in my heel. The skin was thick enough that it didn't hurt and didn't bleed.
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-12 12:11 PM
Just be careful your basement doesn't turn into one like in "That '70s Show"!  :laugh:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-12 12:49 PM
More power to him if he can get Mila Kunis in his basement!  :evil: :laugh:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-12 1:21 PM
I was partial to Laura Prepon :evil:
Parent - By BigTex [us] Date 2017-09-12 12:54 PM
I think that's funny, though I definitely wouldn't have know whether or not I should laugh.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-12 1:23 PM
I laughed. I think we need to see a pic of the facial hair...
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-12 2:49 PM
That's a big yikes about your heel!  :shocker!:  When was your last tetnus booster ??

I have big feet for a woman (size 10), and it bugs me. :roll:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-12 5:56 PM
:laugh::sad::mutmad: That's an angry crack, can see how things got awkward.
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2017-09-12 12:11 PM
I'm not coming up with anything off the top of my head. I probably do it and don't even notice. :clueless:

10 miles this morning. Ran through lots of debris left over from what we got from Irma. Schools were on a 2 hour delay so there wasn't as much traffic to deal with. We did pass by one of our attorneys who was out walking her dogs. I saw her at lunch and she was blown away when I told her that we had started near our building at where we saw her was the far point of our run as it is about 4-5 miles from there to downtown.

Lunch was BBQ catered in by a new company that opened up shop a few months ago. The were very motivated to get our business so they made some extra effort to make sure everything went well. They brought in extra stuff when some things were running low. There were lots of leftovers, so one of the benefits of being on the committee that plans these events is the ability to bring home to-go plates so guess what we're having for dinner?

Bonus: My feet aren't hideous, but you can tell that they belong to a runner. The Thursday before Easter every year, we do a foot washing as part of that church service and I always apologize to whoever has the bad luck to get me at their station.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-12 12:47 PM
Score on the BBQ!
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-12 2:53 PM
Yay for snagging the leftovers!! 

Nice 10-miler before work :cool:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-12 3:51 PM
there is a bbq place about to open by us. not sure what texas style is compared to other styles. obviously i need to research more. :happy:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-12 5:53 PM
Can you wear latex gloves for the foot washing at Easter?: pbbt:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-12 12:46 PM
Nothing particular comes to mind, though I am sure I've said a lot of stupid things!

Non workout: 5 miles last night with the Lady out at Green Lane, the easy side. Still shuffling about, a jog at best, but better than nothing. No run today, just some time at the planet of fitness, PT exercises, and dog walking.

Blather: So I read this article in the paper about a couple running a marathon up in the Lehigh Valley and at the finish they had made arrangements to have pink or blue balloons displayed based on the results of the pregnant women's ultra sound earlier in the week. They were not aware of the results until the finish as they had them kept secret, but the RD knew. Seems an odd way to announce such a thing, or am I just a curmudgeon?

Bonus: I have flat feet now, I guess from running mile after mile all these years, as I had regular arches when I started all this nonsense. Also had PF twice, once in each foot. Is that a normal thing or just bad luck on my part?
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-12 1:25 PM
I've seen some elaborate gender reveals (it's a thing, that's what they are called), but I assumed the couple already knew the outcome and they were just announcing it to everyone else. :wtf: The marathon thing does sound a bit overdone to me. Usually it's something like cutting into a cake and having it be pink or blue.

But you also might be a curmudgeon :wink:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-12 3:00 PM
I guess a gender reveal would motivate me to finish the marathon.  I wanted to know ASAP, but the whole gender-reveal thing I think is over-done.  But hey, have some fun while you can.  I'm going to sound like a curmudgeon myself and say :wtf: would a woman run a full marathon if she were far enough along in a pregnancy to know the gender.  I'm all for running while pregnant, but don't go too crazy.  (says the mom who went skiing at 12 weeks :roll:  My dr was furious.  I told him I didn't ski anything dangerous, but he said the bigger problem was the high altitude and lack of oxygen.  Ooops.  Rookie mistake :roll:)
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-12 3:49 PM
same here with PF. once in each foot with the possiblity of it always coming back. :meh::sad: PF is really common with or without running. My poor next door neighbor has been dealing with it for a couple years. She's not a runner.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-12 5:51 PM
Uh, sorry but I think that gender reveal is very f!cked up.  But whatever, if the RD played along, good for them.:roll:

My arches are much flatter too, from running, and my feet are about 1/2 size bigger because of it.:meh:
Parent - - By BigTex [us] Date 2017-09-12 1:01 PM
Everyone had such good examples to relate!  For someone who feels like I do this a lot, it's surprising that I have nothing.  Or nothing I can remember.  Maybe I am blocking them out.  Or maybe I am actually tact personified.

Back from vacation and back to the usual four miles on the usual trail.  Nice weather this morning, but it's going to be warming up again as the week goes on.

I was up in Jersey for a long weekend with some college buddies.  We were on the shore, just below Sandy Hook.  Nice area, and the weather was near perfect.

BONUS:  In comparison to the normal population, my feet are probably below average in attractiveness.  In a crowd of marathon runners, they're not bad.  I have been dealing with toenail fungus for many years.  I think the podiatrist is about to run out of things to try.
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-12 3:04 PM
maybe I am actually tact personified.   Yep.  That's just gotta be it :laugh::laugh:

Sounds like a fun weekend.  Sandy Hook is where the Jersey Shore Marathon used to be held.  Dunno if it's still held there, but I remember thinking how beautiful the area was compared to all the jokes I heard dogging New Jersey.  It's lovely.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-12 5:03 PM
Still held in the Monmouth area near Sandy Hook.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-12 5:47 PM
My husband is from Monmouth County, he used to sail around Sandy Hook. Quite beautiful.
Parent - - By Limoboss Date 2017-09-12 2:05 PM
Can't think of any specific incident of open mouth, insert foot... Would have to think about it for a while.

After 15 months of no racing, I made my long awaited return to competition with a 10 mile race in Nyack on Sunday. I was pleasantly surprised to run a 1:06 on a somewhat hilly course and windy conditions along the water. Got 1st in the 50s division good for 100.00 worth of Lululemon running clothes. Some of the splits were 19:54 to 5K, 32:40 to 5 miles and 40:32 to 10K. Felt great to be competing again.

Yesterday was a 5 mile recovery run and today was 8 miles at a peppy pace. Came out of the race in good shape.

My feet aren't to beat up for my age.
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-12 3:05 PM
Congrats on a successful race :cool::cool: Does Lululemon make running clothes for men?
Parent - By Limoboss Date 2017-09-12 6:01 PM
Yeah I got a nice pair of running shorts valued at 70.00 (would never pay that) and a pair of compression shorts valued at 30.00
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-12 3:46 PM
welcome back. :cool:
Parent - By Limoboss Date 2017-09-12 6:02 PM
Thanks. It felt really good to compete again, I really missed it.
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-12 5:37 PM
Wow, awesome race, and even more awesome prize!
Parent - - By Limoboss Date 2017-09-12 6:00 PM
Thanks. I just read your post about your half on Sunday. Very nicely done.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-13 7:49 AM
I was happy that the clock is going down, finally, after my times getting worse for a few years. I also actually executed some strategies I had planned on, instead of planning out a strategy and then totally  going blank during the race.:laugh: But my AG wasn't very competitive. 3rd place in the 55-59 women's AG was 4 minutes faster than my time!:laugh: And the winner of that group ran a 1:40!:shocker!:

You should think about this race next year, it was an awesome course!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-13 7:16 AM
Congrats on the race! :grin::cool:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-13 7:51 AM
Thanks!
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-12 3:36 PM
I put my big foot in my mouth all the time. All. The. Time. Maybe that's why I don't talk to people any more.:blush: But of course I can't recall specifics when I want to.:roll:

6 miles this morning, with 6 x 800 @ 8:12.:happy: Felt pretty good, but stopped at 6, still feeling tired after Sunday's race. Food: There's a big pot of bean soup on the stove, I bought a loaf of bread at the good Italian bakery, and made chicken salad with grapes for sandwiches. Blather: So it appears that I'm pinch hitting for Team Bubblewrap at RTB this year. Ryan is injured or not running for some other reason, so I'm jumping on board this year. I'm getting excited! I'm getting packed up and ready to meet Beastie Girl and Eric on Thursday to drive up. Back in 2013, I swore off relays for all time. This will be my second relay since then.:roll:: pbbt:

Bonus: I have ugly duck feet. Very wide. Huge callouses, funky layered nails, only one black nail at the moment, scars on each foot from bunion surgery when I was 18. The surgery screwed up some bones, so I've had to wear orthotics ever since or I get severe metatarsal pain, feels like bad neuroma. I only get pedis with dark navy polish.
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-12 3:46 PM
why dark navy? :wtf:

careful with speedwork after a race. :shocker!: and then you are racing again! :grin::cool:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-12 5:38 PM
I don't like black polish, and navy seems to be the only color that completely hides my black/purple toe nails.:laugh:
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-12 3:48 PM
Very cool about Team Bubblewrap!  :hug:   but bummer about Ryan, but what a great opportunity to run with some great peeps!!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-12 5:39 PM
It should be fun.:happy:
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-12 5:05 PM
FOTB Spin version!  Have a great time!!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2017-09-12 5:42 PM
Thanks!
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-12 3:43 PM
I try to keep my mouth shut. :grin: It saves a lot of trouble. :roll:

It's my day off from regular job for mom's morning and etc. Unfortunately with the lovely scrape over most of the side of my lower left leg, i didn't think i should go into the pool. it's all scabbed over but they are too new. So i went and had breakfast with mom as usual and then took her to the pool and then ran 5 miles when she was there. I would've rather gone in the pool. :roll::laugh:

then a chiro appointment which was good. everything has been feeling very different since that appointment last week and the fall sunday. :roll::mutmad: But it was a good appointment as she got the area in my back to calm down a bit. And Enid, i decided to see this chiro bc i'd heard very good things about the multi-modality treatment plans they have that are very focused on athletes (they are right next to univ of washington and treat a lot of the sports teams plus sponsor athletes). the mid-back tightness i'd been experiencing was not settling down and i figured it was causing issues with glute recruitment / strength issues plus the ongoing hip issue i have with running. it's sad to be right. :meh: But on the other hand, the chiro agrees with my assessment and thinks it's more of a mechanical things which is off and can be righted. :grin: I will do some strength stuff this evening as well as my new homework.  :happy:

i've had a bazillion italian plums today. DH's brother has a tree in his backyard and DH has been bringing them home. We've been cutting them up to freeze as they are delicious when baked into crisps and pies and such. But the fresh ones are sooo good! 

bonus: stupid ridiculously high arched feet. :mutmad: But i don't think they are bad looking at all. i keep polish on toes at all times as that disguises the bruised ones. :roll:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-12 4:44 PM
Keeping your mouth shut?  :wtf::shocker!:  How do you do that? 

Glad the chiro is helping.  For years I was skeptical of chiropractors, but over time, I've changed.  A couple of them have really helped me, and I've seen good results with other, too.  As with anything, it just takes a good referral and some responsible research on the part of the patient, too. 

Your bonus:  while I have to admit being envious of an arched foot, many times I've seen that those arches come with their own set of challenges.  To quote Anna Rosanna Danna: if it's not one thing, it's another :roll::roll: :grin:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-13 7:18 AM
I hope you get all of your mechanical issues sorted out! :hug:
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Put your foot in it, or Tuesday's Daily