Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Fuck It Friday
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-08 10:16 AM
Hopefully Donna will see this thread  : pbbt:

What has you saying "fuck it" this Friday?

Run/workout
Food/drink
Blather
Weekend plans

Bonus: how much do you curse? Do you do it at home, at work, in public? Do you give a shit what people think of you when you curse?
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-08 10:32 AM
There is a person at work who I like very much as a person but who is kind of lazy when it comes to her job, and I have been trying to get her involved in a project I am working on for the past month. Every time we meet, she bitches about other things and goes off on tangents unrelated to what we are supposed to be working on. So I finally said fuck it and did all the work myself, and I am going to show it to her this afternoon to get her feedback before I present it to the wider internal team later this afternoon. I haven't decided yet if I am going to let her present "her part" of the work or not. :meh:

Run: last night I did my 3x1 mi cruise intervals in 8:23, 8:19, and 8:31. Goal pace was 8:22. I'll take it. It was a really great run actually, I just got unfocused in the last mile thinking about family drama (fuck that too BTW). Today is a rest day. I might do yoga tonight or I might just take the dog on a long walk.
Food/drink: I'm making spicy Thai noodles and meatballs for dinner. New recipes for both. I hope they turn out well because they sound really good!
Blather: all of these natural disasters are making me really sad :sad:
Weekend plans: 20-miler tomorrow, followed by house projects. Sunday fiancee is running a half marathon, so I'll take his kids and we will go cheer him on. I also need to pack for RTB!

Bonus: How much I curse depends on my mood. When I'm tired or angry I curse more. :laugh: I try not to do it at work, but I definitely let it fly at home and in public. I do try to reign it in around the kids though.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-08 11:30 AM
RTB :hug:  Have a great time!!!!!  ...next week.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-08 1:56 PM
You should present all of it! :evil:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-08 2:07 PM
Since you did all the work, take all the credit! Maybe include a slide about her whining self and let her present that! :evil:

Keep up the good running! :happy:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:17 PM
I'm interested to hear how you dealt with the co-worker :mischie

Family drama can sure wreck your focus.  Hope things settle down.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:52 PM
I am also feeling really down about these disasters.:sad:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-08 3:59 PM
so did you present it all? :grin::mischief:

i agree with your blather. :cry:
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-08 10:34 AM
The "robust debate"--->a term I learned years ago when I went to training for negotiating with union representatives...between two fitness center members during my class last night :roll: :mutmad:  and :cry:   Geez people, you're fucking adults, cut this shit out!  ...oops, guess I cursed : pbbt:

My workout was sub teaching cycling class this morning (a very calm class) and doing core & shoulder exercises afterwards.

It's BAGEL day!  :roll:

Our running club resumes monthly meetings this month.  This Wednesday we're having a local guy who wrote a book about Browning Ross come to the meeting and speak about his book and "Brownie".  Should be interesting as Ross, beyond his own running achievements, had some major contributions to distance running in America and he was a local guy from our area.  I bought the book and am 100 pages into the 330 and hope I finish it before the meeting :roll:

Quiet weekend.

Bonus:  Who me?  Hardly ever :roll:  I might let the occasional "shit" slip out at home and/or a "you f^@$ing asshole" when a driver makes an asshole move on the road...buy I can usually control & limit that type outburst to times I am the only one in the vehicle!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-08 12:28 PM
What were the members robustly debating? :wtf:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-08 1:39 PM
A noisy bike :roll:
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-08 1:56 PM
I saw what the debate is about, that is actually kind of disappointing.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:53 PM
It was disappointing that someone would take offense to a comment the bike he was riding was noisy/possibly broken, misinterpret that and escalate it at the end of class to the point where I had to step in between them because I was worried it would escalate further!
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:19 PM
Sounds like an interesting book and speaker!  I had never heard the name before.  Will watch for the book :wink:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:51 PM
Only available online, paperback & Kindle  - Browning Ross: Father of American Distance Running
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:53 PM
It is totally called for in the car when assholes are out there!
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-08 11:12 AM
hey there! I lurk sometimes, need to be better about posting.

Say Fuck it? Some stupid work stuff. I am definitely in friday mode here.

Run was 8 miles. I am loving N's new school schedule.

Food/drink going out to lunch. I never go out to lunch, so this is very exciting!

blather-not too much. I am so boring now. I just want to relax this weekend. Sad that I won't be doing a relay this year

weekend plans-tonight we are going to the Girl Scout "Sash Bash". Anyone jealous? Other than that not much. R is gone most of the next two weekends and we have been busy, I think we all need a quiet weekend.

Bonus-a lot, but not as much as I used to. N has heard curses and knows they are grown up words but I still don't want her repeating the words. I don't really give a shit what people think most of the time.
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-08 11:33 AM
Many years ago one of my coworkers told a story abut his 5 year old son getting up from the table in the middle of dinner and just leaving the room.  His father told him to come back and the kid's reply was "Fuck you dad!" :shocker!:   His dad was shocked that not only did his son know the word, he knew exactly how to use it!
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-08 2:02 PM
haha! I have been more impressed with N using complicated words and understanding context. This isn't the greatest example, but we had been talking to her about drinking water so she isn't dehydrated. She asked what that meant.
Several days later when I was talking about something being very dilute, she said  'you mean it is de-concentrated' :laugh:

She just loves words. Her uncle (Al) taught her the word urinate, so she will say "I have to urinate. That is another word for pee" when she wants to impress people :laugh:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-08 2:14 PM
So, defecate not shitting is next?!  :laugh:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:08 PM
if we taught her that word, yes, it would be. She just likes to show off 'big' words.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-08 2:45 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:55 PM
N use of words is impressive.  Little "Frankie's" use was shocking! :laugh:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-08 12:31 PM
Hi Donna! :grin:

How is N liking school?

We will miss you at RTB. :hug: Who else will laugh with me at Debbie Does Dallas? :laugh:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-08 2:02 PM
I am so bummed about RTB. But this isn't the year for me.

N is liking school I think she seems happy and comes home excited most days. Yesterday she was thrilled she got an invite to a birthday party!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-08 2:11 PM
Weekends are for relaxing too, so not boring at all.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:21 PM
Cool and not at all surprising that N likes school.  If she's happy; you're much more likely to be happy
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-08 3:54 PM
so glad i got to see you and family when you were here. it looked like you had a great time and stayed very busy!
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-11 10:20 AM
I am so glad I got to see you too! It was a busy week-we tried to fit too much in to too short a time, but it was fun.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:55 PM
What is a sash bash?
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-11 10:21 AM
It is their 'girl scouts' kickoff. Since all of the girls at the school do scouting it was a fun event that included everyone.
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2017-09-08 12:31 PM
I'm going to turn this into a positive rather than negative and go with Fuck Yeah!

We had some lovely weather this morning and are expecting more tomorrow just in time for a badly needed long run. There was a nice group at the trails for a new Friday group that some folks are trying to get off the ground. My running partner and I had planned on just the short 4.5 mile loop while others were doing the full 9 mile loop. A couple who hadn't run out on the trails came with the shorter group and we stopped at all major intersections to make sure they didn't get lost.

I had a huge sandwich for lunch - BLT with pimento cheese. It was awesome!

My son and his new wife made out just fine in the Dominican Republic. They were able to leave their room early yesterday and they went out to check on the hurricane damage which really wasn't much. He said the main thing they lost out on was a scheduled breakfast in bed so hopefully the resort will reschedule that.

20 mile run tomorrow morning to kick off the weekend then chores around the house. All youth soccer games have been cancelled due to the hurricane and many coastal counties being under evacuation protocol. We are having a party for my son and DIL in a few weeks so we have some things to spruce up around the house.

Bonus: I try to control myself, but will let things slip out from time to time.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-08 12:32 PM
BLT with pimento cheese
:shocker!: That sounds amazing!!!!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-08 2:13 PM
Good news about your son and DIL. Phew. The scary thing about being on an island like that is if there is damage to the airport and you get stuck.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:15 PM
Nice of you to keep the flock together on this morning's run :halo:

I was a little worried about your son and DIL.  Glad to hear the DR was spared the worst of the storm.  I hope we'll be able to say that about Florida next week.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:57 PM
Pimento cheese with anything is always awesome!
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2017-09-08 1:24 PM
Fuck it to this vendor we are working with on a big project at Bermuda. I can't count the number of times they claim not to be able to do something. I want to tell the management out there how about the something they can't do is finish the install. Get rid of them! But it's not my role, so fuck it!

Non-workout: No run today. Just PT at lunchtime, and about 4 miles of walking counting dog walks and mowing. I did have a fairly ok, acceptable run last night on the trails of green lane. Just 5 miles, a shortened version of my 7 mile easier loop on the north side of the lake. Still some soreness around the quad but I had moments where I did not notice it much at all. It was good to be out there, the weather was perfect, and while 58 minutes is slow for this loop it's better than nothing.

Food/drink: Just had a wawa hoagie with carrots, chips, and cantaloupe on the side. Ice water.

Weekend plans: A round of golf, a 5 or 6 mile run, watch the Buckeyes, watch the storm and worry about my folks.

Bonus: Not too much, but I ain't no angel. I tend not to curse around people I don't know and especially kids. My wife has gotten pissed off at me when I've corrected her on that in the past. That would lead to me being the recipient of the cursing. :laugh:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-08 2:46 PM
Sounds like a great run! :cool:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:24 PM
Slow is a good place to re-start. 

Enjoy golfing!  (The golf course in our neighborhood drained the water hazard by our house.  DH scored nearly four dozen golf balls out of that deal :cool:)
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-08 3:50 PM
i'm amazed you are up and running at all. :grin:

scary about your folks. :meh:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:58 PM
Glad you had a nice run!
Parent - - By Tim [us] Date 2017-09-08 2:21 PM
Oh my...my entire life since I became a widower has me saying "fuck it" way more than I ever did. So many things which used to be a big deal are so insignificant to me now. And I have zero patience for people's bullshit.

No run. Achy back.

Weekend:
Seeing several college buddies tonight for dinner/drinks.
Run tomorrow if the back is better
Maybe go to the church yard sale to find a shelf/cabinet for my bathroom
Maybe go visit my in-laws for the day, mainly to see my BIL who is there for the weekend (and I like him a lot more than my biological siblings:shocker!::roll::laugh:)
Somewhere along the way squeeze in some time with my girlfriend

Bonus: I curse a lot more than I ever did before. Some of the emotions related to losing a spouse to suicide can best be described with a curse word (or five) thrown into the mix. And I really just don't give a shit if anybody doesn't like it. I was talking on the phone with my mom about a year ago and disagreeing with the (unsolicited) advice she was giving me, and when she kept pressing her point and asking "What about C feeling embarrassed about getting rides from a college student?" I yelled at her "TOO FUCKING BAD!!!"
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-08 2:48 PM
You cursed at your mom? :shocker!: :laugh: I know it's not funny, but I am imagining myself cursing at my mom and it would NOT go over well.

Hope the back is better so you can run tomorrow!
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:07 PM
I would be saying fuck it about everything, but it is kind of funny that you yelled at your mom.

have fun tonight! I liked the first day of school pic this week.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:35 PM
Hope the back is better and you can run! 

Pretty cool about your BIL -- have a good visit!!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-08 4:00 PM
I have three SILs I like more than my sister!
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:12 PM
Probably the sale of my in-laws' house :roll:   Gawd.  We have a cash buyer, but can't get the damn thing closed because of some legal entanglements.  My FIL married a widow whose husband died intestate 24 years ago.  We all know that, but somehow the title company keeps wanting more documentation.  I mean, this is a minuscule amount of money.  People probably pay more for houses that they bulldoze and rebuild than this property, yet here we sit, four months after the first closing date, hoping the damn thing will be out of our lives by the end of September.  DH actually dropped an f-bomb at our attorney's office, and the guy acted all surprised.  Hey, I was shocked it took this long for him to start using foul language.  Never accept the "privilege" of being executor for an estate that involves nine children from four marriages in the lives of the decedents. 

Run / Workout - none.  Yawn.  I decided to face tomorrow's 20-miler REALLY well rested.  We went to Santa Ana instead and had a great walk even though we didn't see many birds.  They were there singing, but wouldn't let us see them :mutmad:

Blather:  I may have a cavity in one of my teeth.  I'm hesitant to spend $$ going to the dds and finding out I'm wrong, but then again, teeth generally don't get better if they are ignored.  I also have a suspicion that the dentist might say there's a cavity and drill away even if there isn't one there, but I don't think she would, but I can't help wondering.  :meh:

I drop my fair share of f-bombs around the house, probably more than DH does :roll: Unless we're talking politics, I try not to in public.  Exceptions:  dealing with loose dogs in a state park earned the owner an earful of f-bombs because they were NOT under control at all.  Slipping on the rocks and catching myself when climbing with my sore arm on that stoooopid mountain in Colorado. :mutmad:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2017-09-08 3:32 PM
Your in-laws house sale sounds like a nightmare. :cry:

Quite a few of us running 20 milers tomorrow! :cool:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-08 3:48 PM
what a nightmare! and so ridiculous. 

i'd go to the dentist. with training, you don't want any complications from a simple cavity. i've had the same dentist for 20 years and trust him implicitly. i also took care of his kid when the kid was a toddler. that toddler is now in college.  :shocker!::laugh:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-08 4:01 PM
Ugh......I didn't know you still had that house!
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-08 3:43 PM
it's very much a friday after a very busy week. pretty much everything is fuck it right now.  :roll: But it was a pretty successful week in that i had a couple meetings go very well and got publicly praised for it.  i'm trying to avoid my list however and that will probably bite me on monday, but fuck it!  :grin:

no run today. i got up early and everything but just didn't feel like it. I'd had a very good workout yesterday evening. 2 x 1 mile tempo repeats on a cross  country course. i was slow on the ups as usual but didn't do too badly and felt pretty good about it all. then i came home and started coughing and coughing. we still have a lot of smoke in the area although it was a lot better. evidently not enough. i still feel on teh verge of coughing a lot of today so thought teh rest day would be better.

I had a chiro appointment to start dealing with my wonky back on tuesday and today it's feeling better than it has been. Everything else feels different though and now my knee feels wonky. :roll: i fear this may the new normal as i work towards getting the back issue sorted out. 

pretty quiet weekend. not sure what is happening with in-laws. lots of stuff to do around house, work and just try and fit in some relaxation too. :happy:

bonus: i curse to myself a lot but try not to let it slip out. :roll: I don't care what other people think but i don't like hearing lots of cursing in general. i think it should be saved for when it's really warranted!  :laugh:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2017-09-08 4:02 PM
Sorry you have to deal with the smoke.:sad:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2017-09-08 4:08 PM
there is supposed to be a chance of rain tomorrow. I have never been so excited about rain!  :laugh:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2017-09-08 7:14 PM
The smoke must be awful -- not just because it's smoke, but all the destruction it represents :cry:

Is this back thing new?  :wtf:
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Fuck It Friday